1. Service question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    I had an inspection service about 1 year ago.
    Currently the system is telling me that another inspection service is now due in the coming month.
    the car is setup for flex servicing, not yearly, so i am surprised to see this - the Oil service is still showing 365+ days.
    I have assumed this is down to lack of use etc over the last year?
    When i called my local centre they said this would come up as it is due brake fluid change - this doesn't sound right to me - i have had a fair few Audi's and they never indicate a brake fluid service, let alone indicate it by saying an inspection service is due??
    Any thoughts?
    i know it should really be serviced yearly so an oil service wouldn't go amiss here but car is telling me something else and at £500 it isnt really something i want to just get done for the sake of it. Brake fluid i know is due now car is coming up to 3 years old.

0 0 0

2. Re: Service question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    If you private message me the reg I will look at what was done last time.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Service question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottishjock View Post
    I had an inspection service about 1 year ago.
    Currently the system is telling me that another inspection service is now due in the coming month.
    the car is setup for flex servicing, not yearly, so i am surprised to see this - the Oil service is still showing 365+ days.
    I have assumed this is down to lack of use etc over the last year?
    When i called my local centre they said this would come up as it is due brake fluid change - this doesn't sound right to me - i have had a fair few Audi's and they never indicate a brake fluid service, let alone indicate it by saying an inspection service is due??
    Any thoughts?
    i know it should really be serviced yearly so an oil service wouldn't go amiss here but car is telling me something else and at £500 it isnt really something i want to just get done for the sake of it. Brake fluid i know is due now car is coming up to 3 years old.
    I can see Crasher is going to sort you out but I’ve found mine is being serviced annually. 1 year it’s the inspection service with Oil and the following is oil service?

Mine was last serviced in March literally the Friday pre lockdown which was the inspection and oil. It’s telling me it needs an oil change in 70 days or something with the other service 400+ days away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Service question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    thanks PM sent

0 0 0

5. Re: Service question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    At the service it had the basic service oil/filter/pollen at Glasgow Audi but it won't show me what the workshop remark was about

Date of delivery: 2018-03-17
    Entry Type of service Dealership Date of performing operations Mileage/km Complete record
    Workshop remark Workshop remark
    GB008470 Audi service
    2020-02-26 16948 mi
    Service record Inspection with Oil change (flexible)
    GB008470 Audi service
    2020-02-26 16948 mi
    Service record Delivery inspection
    GB006580 Audi service
    2018-03-15 0 mi
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: Service question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Thanks - yeh as i remember it, the inspection service. the comment was a software update.

But would we expect the service light to come on to remind us of just a brake fluid change like i was advised?
    Or is what i am seeing now with the computer saying , Inspection due due in 50 days, down to the variability of this flexible servicing and most likely cut short due to lack of use?
    I remember everything after the 1st service was showing as expected for the next inspection.

0 0 0

7. Re: Service question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    To really know what is going on you need the service data using VCDS and as the car was new before it makes it easier as otherwise you need the previous data.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

8. Re: Service question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I had exactly the same issue. Had a service last Mar on flexible intervals and then this month indicator showed required another inspection despite oil service being months and a lot of miles further out.I have only done about 7k miles since service due to our friend Covid. My dealer had also pinged me a mail re MOT and Break fluid change, I asked if this is why service indicator was showing and they confirmed. Car went in on Monday for MOT and BF change, have got car back and service indicator has been reset for BF and is now just showing Inspection service in 10k miles which is about right. Hopefully once they do your BF change all will be back to normal

0 0 0

9. Re: Service question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Your mileage is quite low. The service tech may have changed you to fixed servicing as Audi advice is to be on fixed servicing if doing less than 10k pa, i believe.
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 0 0

10. Re: Service question 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    thanks for the replies

next question is i got the 4 year extended warranty when i purchased the car new - does this include roadside assistance in year 4?
    i don't think it does but can't find anything to confirm

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast