Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Hey everyone,
    .. hoping for some clues to the best or should I say easiest way to replace the crank sensor.... after having replaced the balance shaft (reco model) and successful install and running for 3,000km, we've have a diagnosis (fault read) for a crook crank sensor.. looking in the engine bay it looks like the removal of the intake and oil filter system seems the only way to get decent access to the senor....
    wondering if anyone has any better tips or tricks to get it done?
    Cheers
    Steve

0 0 0

2. Re: crank / speed sensor replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHam View Post
    Hey everyone,
    .. hoping for some clues to the best or should I say easiest way to replace the crank sensor.... after having replaced the balance shaft (reco model) and successful install and running for 3,000km, we've have a diagnosis (fault read) for a crook crank sensor.. looking in the engine bay it looks like the removal of the intake and oil filter system seems the only way to get decent access to the senor....
    wondering if anyone has any better tips or tricks to get it done?
    Cheers
    Steve
    Hey Stevo, I have sent you a couple of emails. I'm sure Crasher if he reads this will have some of the best advice however as he is in the trade.

He'll say it is an evil job and needs the oil filter housing removed but if you round the bolt...usually means gearbox off if you can't remove it using old fashioned mechanic magic!

0 0 0

3. Re: crank / speed sensor replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    Evil little sod behind the oil filter housing. You MUST use a ball ended hex key (4mm) that is in perfect condition, if you round out the head of the screw it is box out, flywheel off, sump off and new crank oil seal holder which requires a special jig to fit. It is a simple job that can turn into a world of hurt. You MUST replace the filter houisng screws and gasket or else it could leak or the bolts even snap off in the block if reused, strictly One Time Only TTY.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

4. Re: crank / speed sensor replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Buy a geniune one too, not one off Ebay. You dont want to go to the hassle of fitting it to find it doesnt work or gives a false reading.

1 1 0

5. Re: crank / speed sensor replacement 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    In many instances I won't buy anything other than genuine, I have lost too much time and money pratting around with dodgy, often Chinese, parts. IF I can find the exact OE supplier part such as Bosch, VDO etc then I will use it but I am very careful what I buy.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0