Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Audi connect now £11.50 / month?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Audi connect now £11.50 / month? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elansear View Post
    at least that can’t tell anybody when I accidentally go over the speed limit whilst being tracked by my GPS position. HoHum
    No, but if that was likely, your phone and ANPR can!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A6 Avant S-Line BiTdi | born Sept '13 | advanced tech pack | sports diff | privacy glass | 75l fuel tank | lighting pack | HB assist | rear cam
    Q5 S-Line Plus TFSI | born April '11 | tempted to add stage 1 Revo taking HP from 177 to 290.

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi connect now £11.50 / month? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Oh I must apologise. I am sure you would never or have never done that, I must try harder.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi connect now £11.50 / month? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elansear View Post
    Oh I must apologise. I am sure you would never or have never done that, I must try harder.
    ?

OT. My last was a Haldex, should have known, but it was a new location for a camera and thought they only operated when lower limits were imposed on the road.

It was 4am enroute to Manchester airport. Very lucky by 1mph, to get away with a fixed penalty and 3 points, rather than court and minimum of 4!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A6 Avant S-Line BiTdi | born Sept '13 | advanced tech pack | sports diff | privacy glass | 75l fuel tank | lighting pack | HB assist | rear cam
    Q5 S-Line Plus TFSI | born April '11 | tempted to add stage 1 Revo taking HP from 177 to 290.

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi connect now £11.50 / month? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    53 Post(s)
    I phoned Audi UK customer service on Saturday as mine stopped working and mentioned about the license, chap on other end of the phone said they no longer have ability to extend the license it has to be done via the MyAudi app and is chargeable. Told him that £115 a year was steep for traffic data and along with a £25 a year sim card worked out very expensive when you can get a Satnav with live traffic updates and free map updates for less than 1 years subscription, I was told its more than traffic data it is the parking charges, weather and all the other connect features that I don't use.
    Now looking at adding Android Auto and getting prices a lot cheaper than the annual subscription Audi want.
    2015 A6 Allroad 3.0TDi 218 CRTE - NEW
    2012 A6 Avant 3.0TDi Multitronic - OLD

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi connect now £11.50 / month? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Yes, I got the same message last time (before Xmas), and decided I won't bother. My phone is now used when I need up to date trip info.

But for the Android auto / Car play, I wonder where you can source that for less than a year's sub for Audi's connect service. Please let me know, here or in MP.

Last time I asked, it was £600+, so I decided against it.
    63 reg Ibis White A6 2.0 TDI SE Multitronic, Tech pack, folding mirrors, rear view camera, heated seats.

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi connect now £11.50 / month? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    If your car has the hardware, the licence for the Audi Smartphone Interface is around £200, them Audi have to code it. Cost me £250 all in. My car has the tech pack, so all ready for ASI.

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi connect now £11.50 / month? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Thanks. Mine is a pre FL 2013 A6, so I'm unsure it has the ASI. It's got the tech pack (google etc), but I can't (for example) update my Audi GPS maps online. Would that be suitable?

EDIT: I just found this... :/

Notes for retrofitting to Audi A6 (from 2015) and Audi A7 (from 2015):
    - The retrofitting of the Audi smartphone interface is only available for models as of 2017
    63 reg Ibis White A6 2.0 TDI SE Multitronic, Tech pack, folding mirrors, rear view camera, heated seats.

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi connect now £11.50 / month? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    I find this outrageous.

I bought a car that had certain features built in, and now they are being removed, and I am being asked to pay again!!

What's more the service they are asking a ridiculous amount for is freely available on a phone, and the other services like parking spaces, weather etc are pointless addons.

I will be buying one of the carplay wifi dongles, and using that from now on.
    Current Fleet
    2017 Audi A6 Avant BiTdi
    2008 BMW Z4M Roadster
    2003 Clio 172 Cup

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi connect now £11.50 / month? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    My licence will expire in November so just wondering about doing this, any input welcome. I have a 48gig Three data sim in the car at present, so thinking of putting Waze on my iPad and using that as my Satnav via the cars hotspot. There are usually 2 of us in the car so the passenger can have it with them and if on my own could leave it running and just pull over if I need to view the screen, just follow the spoken directions as normal. Any thoughts...
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi connect now £11.50 / month? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    For the moment, all I did was to buy a phone holder and ensure I have a charging cable that reaches it once it is there

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast