1. Door Seal/Drain Issue + other problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    During the recent cold spell I was unable to open the rear drivers side passenger door. Assumed it had just frozen to the seal. However later in the day after using the car I was able to open the door and large pieces of ice fell out. On closer inspection I noticed the seal was soaking wet and there was a lot of water in both the sill and also in the area between the seal and the bottom of the door card.

I am assuming therefore that water is not draining out of the door and instead once it reaches a certain level is leaving the door through the bottom of the door card. Anyone have this issue? The drain hole in the bottom of the door seems to be clear.

Additionally on two occasions over the weekend I started the car and got a Parking Brake malfunction error. Only happened on the first start of the day and I suspect may have been due to water freezing somewhere in the braking system.

Had a door lock issue too but have posted that in an existing thread relating to door locks.

Car now going in for delayed service on 16th Feb so hope they can sort all these issues on top of the other ones. 7th Audi in 25 years and this by far the most problematic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: Door Seal/Drain Issue + other problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Not had that issue, yet!

0 0 0

3. Re: Door Seal/Drain Issue + other problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Did you get this sorted? Have the same problem on the rear passengers side door. Big chunk of ice in there the other day and after rainfall can be like a cup draining when you open the door.

0 0 0

4. Re: Door Seal/Drain Issue + other problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tdw197 View Post
    Did you get this sorted? Have the same problem on the rear passengers side door. Big chunk of ice in there the other day and after rainfall can be like a cup draining when you open the door.
    It is going in tomorow for a service and for this and many other things to be looked at. Will report back when I get the car back. Out of interest when was your car built and is it a saloon or Avant?

0 0 0

5. Re: Door Seal/Drain Issue + other problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    It is going in tomorow for a service and for this and many other things to be looked at. Will report back when I get the car back. Out of interest when was your car built and is it a saloon or Avant?
    Mine’s in for it, together with the recall and other niggles, on Thursday.

It’s a 68 Avant. Nice car and I had it from release day nearly but far too many little problems.

0 0 0

6. Re: Door Seal/Drain Issue + other problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Mine’s in for it, together with the recall and other niggles, on Thursday.

It’s a 68 Avant. Nice car and I had it from release day nearly but far too many little problems.
    Intersting as mine is a September 2018 build (so also one of the early cars). As you say a lot of little problems on these cars, mainly software based. Still not as bad as my wife's Mk8 Golf that has so many software issues

0 0 0

7. Re: Door Seal/Drain Issue + other problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Hi guys,

Mine is a 20My late 69 plate Avant. Apart from the recall & my driver door not opening, had zero issues.

Again, would be interested to hear of the little problems? My only SW issue, was sometimes Google maps would not load. This was 2 updates ago now.

0 0 0

8. Re: Door Seal/Drain Issue + other problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    A selection from me:

1. Left hand side of screen in car play didn’t work for nearly 2 years (now fixed with update)
    2. Courtesy seat move backwards triggers when engine starts rather than off.
    3. Brief stops result in all awareness features (auto stop, light etc) failing
    4. Periodic engine management warning for no apparent reason (off and on always fixed it..)

The letter about not parking in multi-storey car parks in case the car sets itself on fire was also mildly concerning.

0 0 0

9. Re: Door Seal/Drain Issue + other problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Thanks.

#2 will be fixed via dealer SW update. Linked to memory setting on drivers door & my issue with the door not opening.

Since SW update, no issues.

Ref the recall, I think the only record of a fire is on an A7. Seems more of a precautionary measure via Audi

0 0 0

10. Re: Door Seal/Drain Issue + other problems 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    A selection from me:

1. Left hand side of screen in car play didn’t work for nearly 2 years (now fixed with update)
    2. Courtesy seat move backwards triggers when engine starts rather than off.
    3. Brief stops result in all awareness features (auto stop, light etc) failing
    4. Periodic engine management warning for no apparent reason (off and on always fixed it..)

The letter about not parking in multi-storey car parks in case the car sets itself on fire was also mildly concerning.
    My car has 1 & 3 above, plus

1. central locking error message,
    2. external door handles do not return to the closed position,
    3. parking brake fault - posibly due to water somewhere it shouldn't be and freezing,
    4. drive system error (lose power on acceleration - get error message),
    5. initial hesitancy when accelerating - no error message,
    6. Water in rear door

Also as an FYI Audi has changed their policy regarding Brake Fluid replacement. Used to be 3 years from new and then every 2 years. From MY18 this is now 2 years from new and then every 2 years. Only mentioned when I booked the car in this morning

They have booked out the loan car to me for the rest of the week as they are not sure they can do everything in 2 days

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast