1. 2007 Jetta TDI 4Motion Conversion Build Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got a little carried away on the bay as I usually do and ended up buying a 4motion rear subframe, once I'd spent the money I was committed and have since been gathering parts for the conversion
    Im hoping to be running ~300bhp and 600nm 4motion by the end of this year and Ill post updates as I progress through the build
    If anyone else is doing a similar conversion and is stuck on anything other than the coding (I'm still not sure if I'm gonna be able to figure that out) please feel free to ask, if I can help I will
    Last week I made a conversion loom for the second fuel sender and haldex, had to have most of the interior out as i wanted to run it along with all the original wiring and make it as OEM as possible. I also put two new fuses into the interior fusebox (one for the air lift and one for the haldex) again to try and make everything as integrated and OEM as possible.

Wiring diagram I drew up:

The loom I made from it:

And pulling most of the interior out to fit it:

Ill post updates the next time I'm in the garage

0 0 0

2. Re: 2007 Jetta TDI 4Motion Conversion Build Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Making harnesses, my favourite part of conversion works, sorts the men from the boys... and I genuinely mean I love it

[/url]
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: 2007 Jetta TDI 4Motion Conversion Build Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm finally getting there with gathering parts, I collected a prop shaft last week and now have all the major components.
    Unfortunately I received a notification to self isolate through the NHS app two days ago, I had originally intended to do most of the work over the coming days but have to stay at home, I hope to get started next week starting with the rear subframe and fuel tank, Ill have to fabricate the new exhaust and weld in the prop mounts.
    Anyways for now here's some more pictures of the bits I've gathered: next post should show some decent progress.

Genuine VW brackets for the 4motion fuel tank strap and prop shaft centre bearing

Airbag spacers and a mk6 ABS unit. I'll have to repin the plug, make new brake lines and figure out the coding for it
    but hopefully it should work and also give me hill hold and XDS.

Rear subframe assembly from an 8P A3

Gearbox from a Yeti. Its surprising how many bits from a Yeti fit mk5/6 cars.

4motion Diesel tank, Ive also had to buy both fuel senders and the tank straps

I'll also be making a valved centre exit exhaust using an OEM vacuum solenoid, standard switches from the centre console and centre exit.It will require a lot of the spare wheel well to be cut out which I wouldn't need to do when doing a 4motion conversion with a standard exit exhaust. Ill post more on that IF it works, but I've put a lot of time into the design and I'm hoping the time will be worth it.

0 0 0

4. 2007 Jetta TDI 4Motion Conversion Build Thread 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    update:
    I got in the garage as soon as my isolation period was up and got to work with the rear half of the conversion, it took a lot longer than I expected, partially because it was one of the coldest weeks for a long time here in the UK and I have no heater in the garage but also because there were so many little jobs that took up so much time.
    I now have the 4mo subframe and fuel tank fitted, Ive made the exhaust and got it on there, and am currently working on getting the fuel senders working (I'm struggling to code my cluster for the second sensor)
    Out with the old, in with the (not so) new; I had to alter the airbag mounts to allow for the bag to clear the new subframe and also had to reroute all the airlines.
    I still can't quite believe I managed to get this in on my own with no more than a jack and axle stands.
    The car is now recognising the Haldex although its not compatible with the current ABS unit so throwing codes. This should all be solved next month when I do the front end of the car provided I can figure out the coding for the MK60EC1 unit.

Here's the exhaust mocked up on my bedroom floor while I was isolating, I made a couple of changes from this design but it's more or less remained the same.

Here it is all tacked up:

And finally with it all (mostly) welded. After I took this photo I added a little more to it and a v band to connect it to the downpipe. I've not welded in the right hand tip and the bar between the ends will be removed when I make the rear bumper and adjust the tips to fit
    Pretty happy with it considering I bought the TIG in November and this is my first proper project using it

I've not plumbed in the vacuum lines yet but I'm very happy with how it sounds with the flap closed, its quiet inside almost like a standard car but a bit growly from the outside. I expect with the flap open it will sound similar to the system I took off it which was also 3 inch with no silencers at all.
    Fuel gauge is being very erratic but I'm hoping that's just because the cluster is only seeing the right hand sender.
    Second week of next month I'll be doing the front end and hope to have everything fitted except for the prop shaft.
    Last edited by getsquirrely; 22-02-2021 at 11:06 PM.

0 0 0