1. Flush steering fluid from G 002 000 M2 to G 004 000 M2 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    2007 Audi Allroad 4FH 3.0tdi. Ok, so I did it, I flushed out all old steering fluid mineral G002 000. But it is not possible to buy the same fluid any more. It says on the servo oil lid: "Only mineral fluid G002 000. Do not overfill etc.." But the new fluid is only synthetic, not mineral. I believe, if my memory is correct, that a TSB was issued regarding mineral and synthetic fluid. It is ok to flush all steering fluid out and replace with the green synthetic G004 000M2 fluid. I have done this now and have not experienced any problems so far. Well, the servo steering is much better, flawlessly I must say. A guy told me he had problems with it, but he had mixed the old mineral with the new synthetic. Anyone have negative experiences after flushing out old mineral fluid and filled with G004 000 synthetic fluid?

Update: I found the answer my self from this audi blog: https://www.blauparts.com/blog/audi-...ing-fluid.html
    Much more info on his page about the steering fluid.
    But I think he explaines the flush procedure a bit too detailed because you do not have to follow all his procedures for a complete flush. As long as you disconnect the return hose on the container you will be good to start flushing. Because when turning the wheel with engine OFF enough times from side to side, the whole system will eventually be flushed and all you see is new green fluid.

Brief History of Audi Hydraulic Power Steering Fluid SystemsIn the 1980’s the Audi 5000 was considered an innovative automobile. The early Audi 5000 models were equipped with a unique hydraulic pump that simultaneously performed both the power assisted braking and power assisted steering. This dual functioning system was used on many Audi models up until around 1996. The 1996 S6 model with 5 Cylinder 20 Valve engine was the last to use it.
    Back then, a double vain hydraulic power steering pump performed these two functions (power assist braking and power assist steering), requiring an advanced hydraulic oil that could properly function under the inherent high operating pressures and temperatures generated within this system. This unique system spawned a new era of hydraulic power steering fluids, a mineral based (OE Part Number A0E 041 020 10 or CHF 7.1) hydraulic steering fluid in the early 1980s, later a synthetic based fluid (Audi/VW Quality Specification TL 52 146.00, Audi OE Part Number G 002 000 A2 or CHF11s) in the 1990s and now the fully synthetic fluid (OE Part Number G 004 000 M2 or CHF 202) in the mid to late 2000.
    Today, Audi models use a simpler design (compared to what was used back in the 1980s and 1990s). The single vain steering pumps of today typically only generate hydraulic pressure for the power assisted steering function and has a lower operating temperature. The mounting location of the steering pump differs depending on model and engine configuration and may vary on where its mounted. Some are mounted near other heat generating components (i.e. turbochargers). Today's hydraulic fluid must facilitate proper steering pump operation, withstand high temperatures, and ensure reliability over a longer period and under all vehicle operating conditions. Also, since the late 2000’s it’s hard to find a car that has a power steering pump.
    Many Audi models have transitioned to an electronic pump or an electronic rack and pinion. This allows for more precise steering, less hydraulic power steering components and the ability to calibrate the amount of steering needed depending on driving variables. Some power steering systems can completely turn off or minimize the power steering assistance when it’s not needed at higher highway speeds. This allows for a more economical driving vehicle with some improvement in fuel economy. Many of these systems still have a small amount of hydraulic power steering fluid but in most cases are not serviceable or can’t be flushed.
    Mixing Older Mineral Based with New Updated Synthetic Power Steering Fluid
    There has been a good measure of controversy over this question. Here is what our own experience has shown. Over the last decade we've had no compatibility problems mixing the CHF 7.1 non-synthetic mineral base fluid and the CHF 11S synthetic based Audi hydraulic power steering fluid. No problems with our own vehicles and no problems with our customers vehicles. Our success in mixing the 2 Audi hydraulic power steering fluids coincides with the Audi/VW tech bulletin 48-89-T07 issued in November 1989. It states, "The new [synthetic Audi quality specification TL 52 146.00, OE part number G 002 000 A2 or CHF11s] and old power steering fluid [non-synthetic CHF 7.1 OE part number A0E 041 020 10] can be mixed if necessary." So according to Audi, you can mix the 2 Audi hydraulic power steering fluids. Even though the composition of the fluid changed from a synthetic base oil vs a non-synthetic mineral oil.
    1980-1989 Audi models came filled from the factory with OE part number A0E 041 020 10 or CHF 7.1 mineral based fluid.
    1990-2005 Audi models have come filled from the factory with the synthetic Audi/VW spec TL 52 146.00, OE part number G 002 000 A2 or CHF11s.
    2006-current Audi models are filled with the fully synthetic Audi/VW TL 52 146.01, G 004 000 A2, CHF202 spec.
    Important Note: Never mix generic power steering fluid or other fluid with Audi power steering fluid (G002000) or CHF202 (G004000). If you or someone else did, flush the Audi power steering fluid as described below. When flushing your hydraulic steering fluid system, we recommend upgrading to the newest fully synthetic Audi/VW G004000 fluid specification.
    Last edited by Rbhelle; 22-01-2021 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Found answer to my question.

0 0 0

2. Re: Flush steering fluid from G 002 000 M2 to G 004 000 M2 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    308 Post(s)
    Where did you get the G004 000 from and how much L and £ ?

0 0 0

3. Re: Flush steering fluid from G 002 000 M2 to G 004 000 M2 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Vaico VA-002 synth 1ltr, approx 14 GBP pr ltr Bought it from a online shop in Norway since Iive there. I used 1,3ltr to flush and fill up container and system. So get 2ltrs.

0 0 0

4. Re: Flush steering fluid from G 002 000 M2 to G 004 000 M2 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Just be sure to keep the container full all the time when flushing so you avood air into the system. I also disassemblet the throttle valve to get better access to container. You also have to move the coolant container out of the way (1 phillips screw). It is the smallest hose that is the return hose. If I remember correctly, return hose is the bottom one on the container. If not, it is the other one 😊

0 0 0

5. Re: Flush steering fluid from G 002 000 M2 to G 004 000 M2 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    I know if you have green in and add some red your in trouble, but thought any green with any green was ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Regards Dean Warren. VCDS owner/user
    A6 C7 3.0 BiTDi Quattro Avant 2012 S-Line Tech pack tour Pack ACC Blind spot folding mirrors Sold
    S6 C8 3.0 TDI Quattro Avant 2021 360 Camera Bose Extended leather.

0 0 0