Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike2.0TQ View Post
    I’m only interested because I’m left with a car that’s pretty much worthless. When I bought the car diesel was not the despised fuel that it now is. The whole world is now against anything that isn’t electric. Now the London mayor is going to tax non compliant vehicles within the South Circular £12.50 a day to try and drive down roads he’s also decided to shut off with giant and probably very expensive plant pots.

If I haven’t been deceived into buying a car that I thought was more economical that it actually is (it doesn’t sound like I have to be honest) then I won’t bother looking into it any further.
    The planned extension to the ULEZ in London has absolutely nothing to do with 'Dieselgate' and my prediction is that it will unfortunately be postponed and this is from someone who owns a Euro4 car. If you feel you were deceived by manufacturers MPG claims then brace yourself for this to happen again and again on your next purchase even if it's an electric vehicle. No one has ever in the history of the car industry ever been able to get manufacturers economy figures in the real world.......
    2011 A6 Allroad 3.0TDI

0 0 0

2. Re: Diesel Gate Claim? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Yes I know ULEZ has nothing to do with Dieselgate, it’s just another kick in the nuts for anyone that owns a perfectly decent car that’s now depreciated even more.

0 0 0

3. Re: Diesel Gate Claim? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike2.0TQ View Post
    Yes I know ULEZ has nothing to do with Dieselgate, it’s just another kick in the nuts for anyone that owns a perfectly decent car that’s now depreciated even more.
    Not everyone drives in London so no reason that your car will depreciate any faster. I won't be selling mine in London and I don't expect it's value to be changed much by the ULEZ extension. I only use my car for long trips out of london so if I have to pay the ULEZ a few times a week I still see this as being way cheaper than trading it in ( we are talking >6 yr old cars so most depreciation has already happened). More than anything I'm looking forwards to cleaner air to breathe in London as at the moment it's an absolute disgrace.
    2011 A6 Allroad 3.0TDI

0 0 0

4. Re: Diesel Gate Claim? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    I have been ranting and raging against small Diesel engines vehicles for decades, ever since I contracted Asthma out of nowhere in my late 20’s, just as I started to work on a lot of Diesels. The problem is, I don’t think everyone going electric is the solution and even if it is, the market should be allowed to decide for itself, not have a Communist dictate that says “you must”, something NO ONE voted for (not even those who agree) as it was not in the manifesto. Diesel was forced on us by a government act that sentenced us to decades of soot, the next one will also be a disaster.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

5. Re: Diesel Gate Claim? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    I have been ranting and raging against small Diesel engines vehicles for decades, ever since I contracted Asthma out of nowhere in my late 20’s, just as I started to work on a lot of Diesels. The problem is, I don’t think everyone going electric is the solution and even if it is, the market should be allowed to decide for itself, not have a Communist dictate that says “you must”, something NO ONE voted for (not even those who agree) as it was not in the manifesto. Diesel was forced on us by a government act that sentenced us to decades of soot, the next one will also be a disaster.
    Nobody was forced to buy diesel cars as they were always sold alongside a bigger range of petrol engined cars. No communists were involved in the ULEZ as far as I know either but just letting the market decide would certainly leave it in the hands of neo-liberal capitalists who have no interest in people's well being and are only interested in squeezing the last drop of profit from their toxic fossil fuel investments.
    2011 A6 Allroad 3.0TDI

0 0 0

6. Re: Diesel Gate Claim? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    The Communist act I am referring to is that by Boris Johnson, a so called “Conservative” who I voted for and am now appalled by but God knows who else I would have voted for or will next time, makes me very angry. No people were not forced to buy Diesel but company car drivers were, and still are, heavily penalised for buying petrol so more “coercive” than actually being forced, you could call it bribery.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: Diesel Gate Claim? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    The Communist act I am referring to is that by Boris Johnson, a so called “Conservative” who I voted for and am now appalled by but God knows who else I would have voted for or will next time, makes me very angry. No people were not forced to buy Diesel but company car drivers were, and still are, heavily penalised for buying petrol so more “coercive” than actually being forced, you could call it bribery.
    Diesel is still a sensible option for mile munching M-way driving which most company cars will be used for. Difficult to understand how a voter would believe a self-serving libertarian narcissistic populist like Boris would act like a 'conservative' but he does like cycling in london so maybe he just wanted clean air for himself?
    2011 A6 Allroad 3.0TDI

0 0 0

8. Re: Diesel Gate Claim? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    He conned me and everyone else, I hope the Conservative party kick him out in time for the next election but I am not hopeful. I have refused to renew my membership because of him.

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

9. Re: Diesel Gate Claim? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    **** it, I’m getting a bike.

0 1 0

10. Re: Diesel Gate Claim? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Would that be a “made in China” bike?

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast