1. A6 C6 AVANT MMI Dead 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi I have a 2011 audi a6 avant. Its the last model of the c6 with mmi 3g high hdd. The car was bought from an auction and the mmi is completely dead. The screen doesn't power on and there is no lights on the control buttons.

I've had a long search around this forum and checked all the post with similar issues. It has come to my attention that the car is fitted from factory with the 7T6 SATNAV unit but it is missing from the glove box. My concern is! Does the car need that satnav unit to power the whole mmi system? I have since bought a loop kit and looped the optical system from the missing unit. But still nothing. Im wondering if the mmi unit in the boot is the problem or the satnav is part of the system to function properly.

There is red light flashing at the missing satnav optical wiring so looped it there. But at the boot module there is no light in the optical wire. Should there be a red light in the wire at the boot or does the feed start from the module in the boot to the from of the car?

There is a 6 dics changer in the glove box and that has power and functions. There is no screen no sound or no lights on the gear stick control buttons. The boot module is 4G0 code.

The only fault showing on diagnostic is can bus open circuit mmi. No other faults.

Any help on if the satnav unit is needed or can be looped out would be much appreciated 🙏 before I spend a lot of money on the boot module🤣🙈

Thanks

Alec

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 C6 AVANT MMI Dead 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by E6kbt View Post
    Hi I have a 2011 audi a6 avant. Its the last model of the c6 with mmi 3g high hdd. The car was bought from an auction and the mmi is completely dead. The screen doesn't power on and there is no lights on the control buttons.

I've had a long search around this forum and checked all the post with similar issues. It has come to my attention that the car is fitted from factory with the 7T6 SATNAV unit but it is missing from the glove box. My concern is! Does the car need that satnav unit to power the whole mmi system? I have since bought a loop kit and looped the optical system from the missing unit. But still nothing. Im wondering if the mmi unit in the boot is the problem or the satnav is part of the system to function properly.

There is red light flashing at the missing satnav optical wiring so looped it there. But at the boot module there is no light in the optical wire. Should there be a red light in the wire at the boot or does the feed start from the module in the boot to the from of the car?

There is a 6 dics changer in the glove box and that has power and functions. There is no screen no sound or no lights on the gear stick control buttons. The boot module is 4G0 code.

The only fault showing on diagnostic is can bus open circuit mmi. No other faults.

Any help on if the satnav unit is needed or can be looped out would be much appreciated  before I spend a lot of money on the boot module藍

Thanks

Alec

Hi,

The unit in the glovebox on your car should be the main MMI (5f) unit - it has twin SD card slots, a DVD drive, and contains the hard drive used for nav, media etc. Without this you've effectively got no MMI. You could probably get a replacement, but I'm pretty sure they come with Component Protection, so you'll need to get this removed.

Cheers!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    Now: E 53 AMG 4MATIC
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 C6 AVANT MMI Dead 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi MF,

Thanks for that info. I thought the rear module in the boot on the later models controlled everything doing away with all the separate modules. Do you know or anyone else know what part number that would be. When you say 5f satnav system, its not always coming up with the right year on search and need the 7t6 model for the 3g plus hdd. I have the toggle button in the centre of my scroll button on the control panel at the gear stick. Struggling to find the right one.

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 C6 AVANT MMI Dead 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Hi MF,

Thanks for that info. I thought the rear module in the boot on the later models controlled everything doing away with all the separate modules. Do you know or anyone else know what part number that would be. When you say 5f satnav system, its not always coming up with the right year on search and need the 7t6 model for the 3g plus hdd. I have the toggle button in the centre of my scroll button on the control panel at the gear stick. Struggling to find the right one.

Hi,

My car was a 2009 with MMI High. It's nine years since I swapped it. I still have some VCDS scans of the car, but that's all. Here's the info for the 5F unit:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 5F: Information Electr. (J794) Labels: 4E0-035-6xx-5F.clb
    Part No SW: 4E0 035 666 D HW: 4E0 035 666
    Component: H-BN-EU H64 0143
    Revision: -------- Serial number: 345BY097545942
    Coding: 010101000102C3ED01000315EF6300030001
    Shop #: WSC 00778 210 97003
    VCID: 2756F15056F635B

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 8R0 060 884 R
    Component: EUR 2010 1107

Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 4F0 919 604 HW: 4F0 919 604
    Component: DU7 High H43 0306

Subsystem 3 - Part No SW: 4F0 910 609 E HW: 4F2 919 611 M
    Component: Bedienteil MM H01 0060

No fault code found.

Looks like the HW part number for mine was 4E0 035 666. Your car is a 2011 though, so may have updated hardware?

Good luck!

MF.
    Gone: 2016 A6 Saloon BE Ultra S tronic - Floret Silver, Tech Pack Advanced, Parking Pack Advanced, Heated F+R Seats & Wheel, Electric Seats, Matrix LED, Ambient Lighting, Speed Limit Display, Twin Spoke 20", Folding Memory Mirrors
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 C6 AVANT MMI Dead 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MFGF View Post
    Hi,

My car was a 2009 with MMI High. It's nine years since I swapped it. I still have some VCDS scans of the car, but that's all. Here's the info for the 5F unit:

Address 5F: Information Electr. (J794) Labels: 4E0-035-6xx-5F.clb
    Part No SW: 4E0 035 666 D HW: 4E0 035 666
    Component: H-BN-EU H64 0143
    Revision: -------- Serial number: 345BY097545942
    Coding: 010101000102C3ED01000315EF6300030001
    Shop #: WSC 00778 210 97003
    VCID: 2756F15056F635B

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 8R0 060 884 R
    Component: EUR 2010 1107

Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 4F0 919 604 HW: 4F0 919 604
    Component: DU7 High H43 0306

Subsystem 3 - Part No SW: 4F0 910 609 E HW: 4F2 919 611 M
    Component: Bedienteil MM H01 0060

No fault code found.

Looks like the HW part number for mine was 4E0 035 666. Your car is a 2011 though, so may have updated hardware?

Good luck!

MF.
    Great thanks for that. Another question if you know. How does the mmi work with cars that have no sat nav optional extra fitted.. thats why i first tried to loop out the nav hoping that would work? There must be a way to function it. All im really interested in is the radio and things to work not the sat nav.

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 C6 AVANT MMI Dead 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Great thanks for that. Another question if you know. How does the mmi work with cars that have no sat nav optional extra fitted.. thats why i first tried to loop out the nav hoping that would work? There must be a way to function it. All im really interested in is the radio and things to work not the sat nav.

Hi,

All MMI 3G High cars had sat nav as far as I'm aware. The heart of the MMI system is the 5F module, and without it you don't have an MMI. It's a bit like having a desktop PC where you have the keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers but no PC unit. In MMI 3G Low, Nav was an option, but you still needed a 5F unit (albeit one without the internal hard drive). Without it you just have a collection of peripherals.

Cheers!

MF.
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 C6 AVANT MMI Dead 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    I had this on a 2006, all was dead, swapped buttons and the MMI controller, turns out it was the bluetooth control unit under the carpet ringing wet. Not sure its in the same place on a 2010

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Regards Dean Warren. VCDS owner/user
    A6 C7 3.0 BiTDi Quattro Avant 2012 S-Line Tech pack tour Pack ACC Blind spot folding mirrors Sold
    S6 C8 3.0 TDI Quattro Avant 2021 360 Camera Bose Extended leather.

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 C6 AVANT MMI Dead 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dean warren View Post
    I had this on a 2006, all was dead, swapped buttons and the MMI controller, turns out it was the bluetooth control unit under the carpet ringing wet. Not sure its in the same place on a 2010

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On a 2006 you'd have had MMI 2G, and the system changed a lot between then and the MMI 3G Alec's car has. He doesn't have a 5F unit - it's missing. You can see from the scan I posted that the 5F has subsystems - nav activation, the display unit and the MMI control panel. It acts as the brain for all of these. Without 5F you have no MMI control panel, no display screen, no nav, no media etc.

Cheers!

MF.
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 C6 AVANT MMI Dead 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    The bypass loop should be put into the MOST loop connectors on each unit and tested one time at a time to see if the mmi comes back, this will identify the unit with the problem then you should see if the module has lost power.

To confirm the 5F module the loop could be put into the back of the 5F module to see if it powers up, if yes than its an external module if not then check the power and ground wirng to the module.

To get and idea on how is works google audi SSP 326 for the basic understanding (note this will be for the 2G system) of the most loop.
    Dan
    2009/2010 2.0 TDIe SE

0 0 0

10. Re: A6 C6 AVANT MMI Dead 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dan2485 View Post
    The bypass loop should be put into the MOST loop connectors on each unit and tested one time at a time to see if the mmi comes back, this will identify the unit with the problem then you should see if the module has lost power.

To confirm the 5F module the loop could be put into the back of the 5F module to see if it powers up, if yes than its an external module if not then check the power and ground wirng to the module.

To get and idea on how is works google audi SSP 326 for the basic understanding (note this will be for the 2G system) of the most loop.

Great advice, but the big issue (according to the OP) is that the 5F module isn't present in the car. There can be no MMI power-up without the 5F module present.

MF.
    / Q5 2.0TFSi Prestige

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast