1. Hello everyone, from 07 A6 Allroad 3.0tdi (C6/4FH) automatic 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi and thanks for letting med in. I am from Norway and got a car as mentioned. I am not a mechanic and have just recent years learned a bit about service my own cars since it is pretty expensive to do that in Norway. Especially Audi when they are beginning to log some km. My car has now 256 000km and I have done some stuff with it, but luckily my car is not a problem car I guess.
    I owned it since 2016 and I bought it used from dealer with 154 000km on the meter. So yeah, I have added more than 100 000km on it since 2016.

This car has followed all the service intervals from it was brand new. But I have now, this year decided to do all my service on my own. The car was last serviced at the Audi dealer in May 2020 at 235 000km. December 2020 I serviced it myself at 254 000km and this is what I did during a couple of days 1 month ago:
    • All filters changed (engine, fuel, air, pollen)
    • Engine oil change (VW 504/507 specs)
    • 6HP19 gearbox oil change with filter, seal and new screws. (Used Vaico 6HP oil specs G 055 005 (ZF6) My ATF has not been upgraded to new software, so no ZF8 yet. Got out 5ltr of oil and filled in 5 ltrs. After running through gears I took aout 2 more liters and refilled again 2 liters (I had only 7 ltrs of new ATF fluid). But I guess that next time I will fill 5 ltrs, run the gears and then again tap out 5 ltrs before filling it up with 5 ltrs again. This is just to get more of the old fluid out (consider it a semi pro flush...;-)
    • Steering oil change from G002 000 to G004 000.
    • Front and rear differential fluid change (75W90).
    • Changed brake fluid and flushed the system with DOT4 fluid by VAG specs.
    • New rear gas struts.
    • New Xenon D2S bulbs headlight, from Osram Xenarc Nightbreaker to another new set of Osram Xenarc Nightbreaker. These are the best I think. I change them every 4 years.
    • Refilled new gas R134A on the A/C system.
    • Changed both front inner CV joint boot.
    • Changed both rear brake discs and pads.
    • Disassembled and cleaned throttle valve and throttle valve adapter to clean out a good amount of carbon deposits.
    • Disassembled the upper air intake manifold just to find out that it is surprisingly odd that my lower intake manifold flaps on both sides are actually working....a lot of carbon deposits there. Have ordered a new upper manifold and will clean out the lower soon. Have actually bought new flaps and install kit for both lower manifolds.

I guess this is all. I have decided to change oil and oil filter every 10 000km from now on, and do all other filters every 20 000km. ATF fluid will be changed every 40 000km since I drive a lot with a trailer behind the car. The positive with decreasing the intervals between engine oil changes, is that I can use a bit cheaper oil as long as it is VW 504/507 000 spec. I think that a cheaper oil do hold up for 10 000km but will soon degrade after that, while the more expensive oils probably will hold up longer, maybe 15-20 000km. Had been up to me, I would have changed the engine oil every 5-8000km, but then I would have been changing it almost every tri-monthly :-)

Anyway, that is a bit about me and my car. Have already found a lot of good info about EGR and intake manifolds here in this forum, so membership already paid off :-)

0 0 0

2. Re: Hello everyone, from 07 A6 Allroad 3.0tdi (C6/4FH) automatic 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    63 Post(s)
    Welcome to the forum. Pretty impressive list of work considering you have only recently started doing it!
    Current- A6 C8 40 tdi quattro s line Daytona Grey
    Gone-S3 sportback, A6 C7 biturbo saloon,A4 B 8.5 avant, A6 C6 3.0 tdi Quattro saloon, A6 C5 2.8 Q Avant

0 1 0

3. Re: Hello everyone, from 07 A6 Allroad 3.0tdi (C6/4FH) automatic 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott K View Post
    Welcome to the forum. Pretty impressive list of work considering you have only recently started doing it!
    Well, surprisingly what a person is able to learn in a short period of time when it comes to save Audi repair money...... I added all the workshop receipt last 4 years since I became an Audi owner.....I have spent a total of 9322,03 GBP in 4 years. All is just preventive care and service costs... In Norway, workshop labour and parts are expensive, especially when it comes to all german cars like Audi, BMW, Mercedes.
    I actually paid them to change my rear brake pads back in 2018. They billed me 170 GBP parts and labour incl... December last year I changed them. That cost me just 38 GBP doing it in my garage.... Beside, I found out that I actually enjoy fixing and servicing my own car/family vehicles. I also get to buy a lot of nice and shiny workshop tools :-)

0 0 0