1. Help wiring up electric seat Lumbar control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    I have fitted Audi cloth S-line seats to my Landcruiser and I'd like to wire up the Electric Lumbar support function. That's the only electric movement function of the seats. All other movement is manual.
    Can anyone tell me how to go about this?

I have 3 connectors on these new replacement Audi seats, a Yellow which I believe is the airbag, a Black which I don't know what it is and a Red which I believe is the electric Lumbar support.

Can anyone confirm the Red connector is for the Lumbar support please?
    Also, can I connect the wires from the red connector to some sort of a manual switch / switches to operate the Lumbar or how do I do it?

0 0 0

2. Re: Help wiring up electric seat Lumbar control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Which model and year are the seats from? Colours of the wires in each connector might help track things down as well. Could one of the connectors be for seat heating?
    ======

Did this forum help you today? Help make sure it's here next time as well. Just click here to make a suitable donation using PayPal .

0 0 0

3. Re: Help wiring up electric seat Lumbar control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    The black connector could be for feating but I don't think they are heated, can't remember. I think they are from the 2007 era cars.

Anyway, the Red Lumbar connector is a 10 pin connector but only has 3 actual wires going into it.
    A thickish solid brown wire, a red wire and a white wire. The red and the white wires might have another colour joined into them as well, I'm going by a pic I took, I'll double check on the actual seat tomorrow when I get time.

From reading on the net, I think some people got the electric lumbar working by supplying power straight to the big brown wire and earthing 1 of the other wires to the chasis. Hmmmm!

0 0 0

4. Re: Help wiring up electric seat Lumbar control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    All the ones I'm finding for A3, A4, A6, etc for that era have an 8-pin connector for lumbar support height and longitudinal adjustment - nothing with just one adjustment. It looks like at rest both sides of the lumbar motor are connected to earth via 0.5mm wire. Pressing "in" connects 12V to one side of the motor to turn it one way, and pressing "out" connects the opposite side to 12V to turn it the other way.

There are some 10-pin connectors with one 4mm (brown) and two 2.5mm (selection of red / black / white / green) shown, but they supply the (presumably) in seat control buttons including whole seat angles (hence the large motors / currents / wires). But it sounds like you don't have the buttons or that extra control so probably not the same connector.

Is there a part number on anything to narrow down model, etc?
    ======

Did this forum help you today? Help make sure it's here next time as well. Just click here to make a suitable donation using PayPal .

0 0 0

5. Re: Help wiring up electric seat Lumbar control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Ok, maybe they aren't S-line seats, S-line isn't actually wrote on them, I bought them 2nd hand and seller said they were S-line cloth seats, anyway they're nice seats regardless.
    I found a date on them and there from 2005 apparently.
    Also found these numbers on them: 0203101PMK(01) The (01) in brackets is hard to make out, I think them last two symbols are a "01 and a "1".
    There's also a label with the following wrote on it: CRH 2-3101-02
    KD -NR 0096815-55 (I could have this no. wrong, hard to read)

Some pics of the connectors:

0 0 0

6. Re: Help wiring up electric seat Lumbar control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    So very similar to this: Lumbar support problem after seat swap - AudiWorld Forums, which also explains what the black connector does. Do you have the buttons shown on the side of the seat in the "new" pic in post #3 there? If so then 12V on a 10A fuse to pin 4 of the red connector and ground to pin 5 should then make it work. Are they the two that clearly have the terminals in your pic? Did you say there is a third wire in place as well?

EDIT: And you can see the pin numbers in this one: https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...elp-with-wires
    ======

0 0 0

7. Re: Help wiring up electric seat Lumbar control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VAG-Abound View Post
    So very similar to this: Lumbar support problem after seat swap - AudiWorld Forums, which also explains what the black connector does. Do you have the buttons shown on the side of the seat in the "new" pic in post #3 there? If so then 12V on a 10A fuse to pin 4 of the red connector and ground to pin 5 should then make it work. Are they the two that clearly have the terminals in your pic? Did you say there is a third wire in place as well?

EDIT: And you can see the pin numbers in this one: Audi S4 B8 Recaro seat swap, need help with wires.
    First of all, thanks for the links / help.
    Yes, I have them lumbar buttons on my new seats. They are manual with electric lumbar buttons.
    So the black connector is for the seat belt latch.
    Sorry, my mistake, I don't have a 3rd wire in the red connector block, it's a bit of dirt in my pic that I took as a terminal pin when glanced quickly at it.
    I only have 2 wires in my red connector and they appear to be in the same terminal positions as in the pic in your link, opposite diagonal corners.

So I just need to supply a power and earth to those two terminals and my lumbar buttons should work, cool! Cheers!
    What's the handiest / neatest way to go about it, buy the proper other half of the red connector so it will connect straight onto the existing connector or just stick 2 spade connectors into them terminals, hmmmm.

Would anyone have a part no. for the other half of the connector block?

0 0 0

8. Re: Help wiring up electric seat Lumbar control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    I found part no.s for the male + female parts of the red connector block in the thread in the link below. I'm just wondering if all red connectors are the same across the audi range.
    I suppose I could probably just buy the half of connector i need from a breakers easily enough.

I was hoping to wire them up tomorrow though so might consider just sticking 2 spade terminals in there.

Seat Adjustment connector | Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum

0 0 0

9. Re: Help wiring up electric seat Lumbar control 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Red connectors are used elsewhere and are different to each other, typically in places where multiple connectors are located so its easier to see what to plug into where.

Personally I'd put everything in place with a couple of narrow spade terminals to see if it works, leaving enough wire to snip those off soon and put the correct terminals on when I had them. Be particularly careful of the 12V side being able to pull out and short. Parts like Audi VW Skoda Seat Porsche 10 x Wiring Crimp Repair Terminals Pins 000979022E | eBay and VW AUDI SEAT SKODA WIRING LOOM HARNESS REPAIR CONNECTOR PLUG SOCKET 4F0937743B | eBay should make a tidy job.

If you don't have an open barrel crimper then you'll find ready crimped repair wires also available, but make sure you get at least 1.5mm wire in there (not sure you need more than 0.5mm for just the lumbar but it'll help keep things to spec). Some sellers make up the cables before selling them, so could also get the length about right for where you want to run to - maybe even put the right connector on the other end if you want it to snap into the fuse grid.

For a short term, final fix I'd cut off the current connector and replace with insulated bullets / spades / Wago / choc-block.
    ======

0 0 0