1. Allroad 25 TDI Warning Lamp Strangeness 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Recently the warning lamps on my allroad have been behaving strangely.

Sometimes, when turning on the ignition, the whole set of warning lamps that come on initially are either dim, or flicker. Other times they are full brightness. It being winter, and given that we have made mostly short journeys recently, I did wonder if it was the state of charge of the battery or even if the battery is end of life. On the other hand the engine seems to pre-heat fine, cranks fine, and starts fine. Then, sometimes, the yellow car height, ABS and stabiliser lights remain on. Switching off and re-starting has, to date, always caused them to go off the 2nd time.

Has anyone seen this before?

0 0 0

2. Re: Allroad 25 TDI Warning Lamp Strangeness 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi there... I’ve come across this before on a 05 plate a3 1.9 tdi.. I thought the same that battery was on way out but it started no probs.. for a few days... ended up being the original Bosch alternator packing up...
    all the warning lights etc would do the same, be on or flicker then go off but the battery eventually drained.. I only found out having bought a new battery and a few days later it started again.! Was better to get a pro to refurbish alternator than buy a “cheap” non brand err copy .. sorted issues straight away..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Allroad 25 TDI Warning Lamp Strangeness 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Thanks for the reply - on the strength of that I have held off replacing the battery. So far it has not gone completely flat. I am now starting to wonder if it is the ignition switch - if the lights flicker I can turn it off, without having started the engine, and on again and the second time they can be back to normal. The battery certainly isn't going to have magically charged in those few seconds.

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 21-07-2010, 09:10 PM
  2. 1.8t (150) Oil warning lamp
    By SmokeyUK in forum Golf MK4 - 1999 - 2004
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13-03-2009, 03:03 PM
  3. Please Help EPC warning lamp
    By ALIK in forum Polo - Derby - Lupo - Fox
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2008, 01:55 PM