Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AT. View Post
    Today Audi changed my Google Earth licence period back to 31st of december 2020. Nice New Year wishes from the vorsprung der Trottel. I think, while I can get all these "features" free from Carplay, I feel more and more, that this car will be my very last Audi.
    I dont know it I'm missing something here as a lot of people are suggesting using carplay/android auto as a replacement. I tried this yesterday and its not really a substitute. For me the virtual cockpit just shows a useless compass, you lose all HUD features which when navigating I use more than the map and the whole interface/integration is clunky.
    I know its the way Google behave in the marketplace but really has made me think about what to do in July when my car hits 4 years. What I dont get from Audi though is having lost their main selling feature for the the multimedia package, why start charging now...

0 0 0

2. Re: Google Earth Maps stuck initialising 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muumipeikko View Post
    What I dont get from Audi though is having lost their main selling feature for the the multimedia package, why start charging now...
    If your customers don’t really need something for free, then ask for a lot of money to show your generosity for giving it free for an overpriced car for a few years. Meanwhile, everyone else is laughing and simply mirrors the mobile phone for free. In a VW too. But in this case you can't feel a special one as you can't have an option to have a feature which the others can't buy even for a lots of money.

The old music with a new meaning...

The Audi, the four circles in a new way: OO + OO. Zero invention + Zero customer satisfaction.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

3. Re: Google Earth Maps stuck initialising 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by muumipeikko View Post
    I dont know it I'm missing something here as a lot of people are suggesting using carplay/android auto as a replacement. I tried this yesterday and its not really a substitute. For me the virtual cockpit just shows a useless compass, you lose all HUD features which when navigating I use more than the map and the whole interface/integration is clunky.
    I know its the way Google behave in the marketplace but really has made me think about what to do in July when my car hits 4 years. What I dont get from Audi though is having lost their main selling feature for the the multimedia package, why start charging now...
    To be balanced to Audi my car's 5 years old and I've been getting all the Connect services extended for free until now, more than they said when the cars were new (3 years). Sadly my own car is an early-ish MY16 and I now know the hardware won't support the revised Google Earth service. There is another post on this earlier I think re hardware versions. It sucks a bit, but the useful integration of Audi's nav into the rest of the car e.g. HUD and VC, means using CarPlay just to get a nicer picture isn't really worth it. I did make a look through the Audi product brochures from the time, and I noted all the pictures of MMI/VC just used the standard maps pictures... There is a page on Audi Connect with GE mentioned but it a few asterisks T&C, first 3 years, yada yada....
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123