1. Re: Google Earth Maps stuck initialising 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    My car also lost Google earth overlay and other features (see Audi connect thread) I really loved using the Google earth too, I'm not going to bother paying for Audi connect license now, guess I'll just have to start getting used to car play instead

0 0 0

2. Re: Google Earth Maps stuck initialising 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Same here, licence is valid, overlay is missing.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

3. Re: Google Earth Maps stuck initialising 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    I think it's fair to say it looks like a) Google earth has come to an end and b) free update Audi connect updates have come to an end

If there was a replacement for Google earth then I'd be happy paying, but not sure what the options are for older Q7 4M's. Would be interested to know what Andy knows about this?

D6970FA9-9446-450A-A292-6A69460B6D5B.jpg

0 0 0

4. Re: Google Earth Maps stuck initialising 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
    I think it's fair to say it looks like a) Google earth has come to an end and b) free update Audi connect updates have come to an end

If there was a replacement for Google earth then I'd be happy paying, but not sure what the options are for older Q7 4M's. Would be interested to know what Andy knows about this?

D6970FA9-9446-450A-A292-6A69460B6D5B.jpg
    So dealer came back and the Audi Connect team said from 25th Nov all extension must be done through the myAudi website. For me, 1 year cost £141, which is really handy for the live traffic data and voice control etc. But ouch. Especially as I pay for separate SIM in MY16. And in the small print is says Google Earth only from MY 2019 cars... Super weird and disappointing given technically it clearly works and has been for 5 years. Dunno but the cynic in me says that's changed due to commercial reasons Google/Audi and customers suffer, would be interesting argument to say that the car was sold with that capability contractually etc... I woudn't mind staying on "older current version" if instead its an upgraded hardware issue for latest version. Anyone got any bright ideas on that?

Screenshot 2020-12-21 at 09.59.56.jpg
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

5. Re: Google Earth Maps stuck initialising 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    So best information I have found would appear to indicate that if you have Nvidia unit, tough, if you have Qualcomm unit there maybe a software update.

You have "Google Earth" to choose from in your map view?
    -> You have V1 maps and direct access to the Google Earth data server. - With hmi_remote to "off" ( instructions) you can still access and use the Google data until December 31, 2020. Audi still has a valid Google license and allows direct access to the Google map data. You would have to update to software version 13 ** from your Audi partner from January 1st, 2021. If you should update the firmware yourself, you will have to go to an Audi partner anyway and buy a valid Audi Connect license (see below). It is currently assumed that a firmware update would only be available for the MMI units with Qualcomm processors. Can be seen under system maintenance / version information if the media driver says something with MMX2 Q (A4, A5, Q5, Q7). If you don't have a Qualcomm processor, satellite maps will soon no longer be offered for your MMI. (Source and further detailed information )

You have "satellite maps" to choose from in your map view?
    -> Congratulations, you have access to the V2 map data and the firmware of your MMI is up to date. Unfortunately, you can only use the Google Earth / Audi satellite maps with a valid and legal Audi Connect license. The trick with hmi_remote is no longer possible because the satellite maps can only be accessed via the Audi server and therefore only with a valid Audi Connect license.

Where can I get an Audi-Connect license and how much does it cost?
    From October 01, 2020, this will no longer be possible at an Audi partner. Only online and currently only possible with VISA or MasterCard.

1 1 0

6. Re: Google Earth Maps stuck initialising 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Finally got a response from Audi Digital Services .

Basically My car is too old for the update end of! My2016

Are you saying that it might be possible to physically change and update the main unit ?

How do we tell what unit we have ? here is a pic of my main unit, sorry its upside down cant seem to change it?

IMG_20201015_154757.jpg

0 0 0

7. Re: Google Earth Maps stuck initialising 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mazerati View Post
    Finally got a response from Audi Digital Services .

Basically My car is too old for the update end of! My2016

Are you saying that it might be possible to physically change and update the main unit ?

How do we tell what unit we have ? here is a pic of my main unit, sorry its upside down cant seem to change it?

IMG_20201015_154757.jpg
    Yup this is what I was told a few weeks back when i rang Audi CS to extend the Google license - I think it was something like July 2016 builds onwards we’re ok, but my Jan 16 car unit wasn’t able to be updated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: Google Earth Maps stuck initialising 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    78 Post(s)
    Um doesn’t bode well for my Dec 15 car then... oh well. I’m talking to main dealer and the magician @AndyHud just in case. I just looked at the licences list in MMI after renewing - for £140, own SIM - and many are updated for 12m but Google Earth isn’t it still shows expiry now (as well as random other ones expiring like live train times?!?!). Have I been charged too much or have they factored out GE to my pricing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    | Q7 3.0 TDi ABT Power 325bhp MY16 S-Line Tech/Tour/Trailer packs, orca black, 21 inch 9.5J rims, rotor grey leather, sunroof, BOSE, ambient lighting, reversing cam, drivers memory seat. Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating |

0 0 0

9. Re: Google Earth Maps stuck initialising 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    Today Audi changed my Google Earth licence period back to 31st of december 2020. Nice New Year wishes from the vorsprung der Trottel. I think, while I can get all these "features" free from Carplay, I feel more and more, that this car will be my very last Audi.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 1 0

10. Re: Google Earth Maps stuck initialising 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Absolutely love my car but now feel like someone has stolen the cherry off my cake!!
    Shame on you Audi!!

0 1 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast