Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Smoke from glovebox- Oil and EPS Warning light on. No Heater A/C or lights on climatic contro: fault code 18043, 18062

1. Smoke from glovebox- Oil and EPS Warning light on. No Heater A/C or lights on climatic contro: fault code 18043, 18062 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Hi,
    I hope someone can help.
    The beloved /wretched C5 had what smelt like a smal electrical fire in the glove box area. I managed to turn off the heater and drive home. I removed the glove box and removed the blower and inspected. Smelt a little burnt but turned the motor OK and I couldn't see any damaged wires.
    The dash light shows abs/eps light on and an oil sensor warning. At one point it showed the temperature as -7 (it's not been that cold!).

I pulled every fuse and could see nothing blown which was a disaapointment.

Its a 1.9 TDI AWX car.

18043 - Powertrain Data Bus: Missing Message from A/C Controller
    P1635 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
    18062 - Please check DTC Memory of Instrument Cluster
    P1654 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

Can someone help with some furhter diagnosis or suggestions.
    Would opening up the ECU under the bonnet help - I didn't think so be read about an auxillary heater fuse somewhere?
    Relays under the steering wheel area worh investigating?

Can't really use the car without the heaters /demister at this time of year so a bit stuck.

0 0 0

2. Re: Smoke from glovebox- Oil and EPS Warning light on. No Heater A/C or lights on climatic contro: fault code 18043, 18062 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Right it seems I missed that fuse no5 a 10 AMP fuse is blowing.
    I have removed glove box and disconnected the blower motor. I have removed the climatronic box and removed all plugs and it is still blowing fuses and shorting somewhere.
    So I will disconnect the oil sensor on the bottom of the sump as I think this is also sharing fuse/circuit.
    Any other ideas of what runs on this fuse?

0 0 0

3. Re: Smoke from glovebox- Oil and EPS Warning light on. No Heater A/C or lights on climatic contro: fault code 18043, 18062 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    S5 is for the oil level sensor, AC compressor and the pressure sensor, AC display, air quality sensor, Tiptronic switch and bulb, bulb monitor, mirror fold unit, mirror adjust switch, seat adjusters, rear roller blind, telephone, nav unit, self levelling etc (obviously when fitted for all these) I have seen it where after a cam belt chnage, the harness has been trapped in the front bumper to chassis leg area.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

4. Re: Smoke from glovebox- Oil and EPS Warning light on. No Heater A/C or lights on climatic contro: fault code 18043, 18062 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    S5 is for the oil level sensor, AC compressor and the pressure sensor, AC display, air quality sensor, Tiptronic switch and bulb, bulb monitor, mirror fold unit, mirror adjust switch, seat adjusters, rear roller blind, telephone, nav unit, self levelling etc (obviously when fitted for all these) I have seen it where after a cam belt chnage, the harness has been trapped in the front bumper to chassis leg area.
    It looks like water has leaked into the blower motor through pollen filter area, slight corrosion on blower wires and this is where the smoke was coming from.
    I did replace dipped beam bulbs the other day but could not see any damaged wires i think the AC pressure sensor is near this area , driver side.
    My audi is final edition c5 so naviagtion would be in symphony originally? Would this still use S5?
    Ill research the other sensor locations and disconnect.

0 0 0

5. Re: Smoke from glovebox- Oil and EPS Warning light on. No Heater A/C or lights on climatic contro: fault code 18043, 18062 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Well it was the last thing that I unplugged and it turned out to be the Air Quality Sensor, that had broken off the pollen housing and got wet and melted. It looks like its non OE with "Paragon" so I can't see any part numbers on it to cross reference other cars that might share it and then find /order one. Can anyone help with this?
    Thanks Crasher again, if he had a pound for every car of mine that he helped fix......
    Air Quality sensor.

1 1 0

6. Re: Smoke from glovebox- Oil and EPS Warning light on. No Heater A/C or lights on climatic contro: fault code 18043, 18062 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robert1z View Post
    Well it was the last thing that I unplugged and it turned out to be the Air Quality Sensor, that had broken off the pollen housing and got wet and melted. It looks like its non OE with "Paragon" so I can't see any part numbers on it to cross reference other cars that might share it and then find /order one. Can anyone help with this?
    Thanks Crasher again, if he had a pound for every car of mine that he helped fix......
    Air Quality sensor.

It's OK I took the broken bracket off and found part number 4B0907659A

0 0 0

7. Re: Smoke from glovebox- Oil and EPS Warning light on. No Heater A/C or lights on climatic contro: fault code 18043, 18062 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    A Hella 6PX 012 684-001.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0