Notices

User Tag List

Thread: 2009 Mk6 2.0tdi fuel pump??

1. 2009 Mk6 2.0tdi turbo? fuel pump? Both ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The car has had two turbo related fault codes over the last few weeks, earlier today it felt sluggish like it needed more throttle to move then usual to the point I got out and checked the tyres wasnt flat And on the way home tonite on a dual carriageway whilst doing around 70mph ish I noticed i wasn’t the one throttling it before I knew it was three digit speed and climbing with my exit fast approaching, i pannicked and I dipped clutch it revved all the way itself for a second and I let clutch staright back out and car cut out and I rolled almost home lucky, car had steam coming from the engine bay, I let it cool down and now it doesn’t want to start and when it does it revs all the way knocking and loads of white smoke and stinks.
    Scanned it and it’s got 000135 and 004197 nothing else,
    Is it worth fixing or just scrap it?
    Last edited by Mickyroo; 12-12-2020 at 05:56 AM.

0 0 0

2. Re: 2009 Mk6 2.0tdi turbo? fuel pump? Both ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    It sounds like you had a diesel runaway, where the engine fuels itself on it's own engine oil.

Usually comes from the turbo, where the inlet side of the turbo oil seal fails.
    Oil under pressure from the turbo bearing gets blown into the inlet, which is then burnt by the engine in the same way as fuel that has been injected.
    The only way to save it is to stall the engine, or turn it off & hope the inlet anti-shudder valve does it's job.

By the sound of the knocking you report, the engine will be toast & need replacing, which probably won't be economic on a car of that age.

0 0 0

3. Re: 2009 Mk6 2.0tdi fuel pump?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah it absolutely stinks I can’t bear to go in garage it’s a toxic smell lol. Also looks like diesels mixed with oil these vws are a pile of *****. The codes that came for turbo turbo was. On rosstech website saying test actuator for vaccum nothing along the lines of self destruct button about to be pressed. Lol

0 0 0

4. Re: 2009 Mk6 2.0tdi fuel pump?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    " Also looks like diesels mixed with oil "

Suspect you had some failed DPF regens, or a DPF sensor had failed, which resulted in diesel getting into the sump diluting the oil reducing its lubricity.

This would also have raised the oil level & help it find it's way through the breather system into the inlet, hence runaway on it's own oil.

But think the turbo probably failed, the oil fueling the engine from there.

The reduced lubricity of the oil also hacens turbo & bearing failure, which is why I think your engine will be toast.

0 0 0

5. Re: 2009 Mk6 2.0tdi fuel pump?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    It does sound like a short burst of runaway after the oil level went up but it is not a CR TDI habit unlike PD TDI’s where fuel can get into the oil is it fuel or coolant that has raised the level? A B#w ran away coming past our hose the other day and stopped a few meters away from the house where the lady driving jumped out and ran into her house, Mrs Crasher had never seen it before but I have showed her YouTube videos of it when they go bang so she closed the blinds and put the cat in the kitchen... When I looked at the road the next morning there was a trail of oil all down the road to the place it stopped.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: 2009 Mk6 2.0tdi fuel pump?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There was defo diesel in the oil it was way up the dipstick. Iv cut my losses and sold it for spares or repairs. Had golfs for about 10 years that last one has put me off them for life

0 0 0

7. Re: 2009 Mk6 2.0tdi fuel pump?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    As far as failed regenerations it never had any codes for anything like that and has recently been on 100mile drive, only codes it ever had was few weeks ago a turbo boost signal implausible or something

0 0 0

8. Re: 2009 Mk6 2.0tdi fuel pump?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    The ECU doesn't produce any codes for failed regens.

It just keeps trying to induce a regen every time you start the engine.

When the DPF get full of soot, at a certain level ( 45% I think ), it puts up the DPF warning light on the dash.

But it could have tried many regens before that, each regen attempt puts a little diesel into the sump via the rings.

0 0 0

9. Re: 2009 Mk6 2.0tdi fuel pump?? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Their is a log of failed regens but often it is blank, you can find it in advanced measuring blocks.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0