Notices

User Tag List

Thread: (Help needed) Bad knocking noise after change to winter tires.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: (Help needed) Bad knocking noise after change to winter tires. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    It will either be the disastrous early chain or disastrous early gear system, unless it has been rebuilt.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

2. Re: (Help needed) Bad knocking noise after change to winter tires. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wow that looks nasty.... Wouldnt one normally find metal fragments in the oil/oil filter before the balance shaft system totally fails? Lets just pray my engine lasts for another few months. Since i dont know if ive got a gear or chain driven pump, im planning on pulling the oil pan off to check..

Anyways..
    I drove my fathers Tiguan last night to discover that the clutch pedal wasnt returning like it should. It totally returns, but slowly, almost like I have to "help" the pedal to get over the grip point of the clutch... That cant be good? The car has only done like 120.000 kms and everything else is fine. First thing i checked was brake fluid level, but it was to the corrrect level and the fluid was clean. I doubt there would be any airlocks or whatever in the system. It seems like the clutch returns a little easier when the engine is at operating temp. But its still concerns me. The pedal also vibrates a little, but most VWs ive driven had some vibration in the clutch pedal. (Including my passat). Other than that the clutch pedal feels right, it has the normal resistance to it etc..The clutch on the tiguan is original. But I know that my father has always had a bad habit of resting his foot slightly on the clutch while driving which isnt good.... What do you guys think? If the clutch has to be replaced when I buy the car, its not the end of the world because I suspect the flywheel also needs replacing soon after years of going up hills in too high gears while dragging trailers filled up with motorcycles etc. So might as well replace it before it starts making noises and vibration......

0 0 0

3. Re: (Help needed) Bad knocking noise after change to winter tires. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Fit an LUK 4 piece kit, everything in one box and reliable parts. Recently we had in an AAX Golf 5 GTI with no oil pressure, when we dropped the sump we found the chain pulley ripped off of the balancer and the balancer solid. When we opened it up we found a chunk of high grade steel in there and this was from the high pressure fuel pump tappet which had shattered and then bits gone into the sump. Unfortunately it must have previously had a clogged sump and some idiot had decided to drill a hole in the pick up filter so the bits went into the oil pump.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12