Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi

Just wanting to confirm whether front fog lights are an option on the life/style/r-line. We've had our R-line for a couple of weeks and just noticed we don't have a front-fog light button. I've gone back over the brochure and can't see it included in any of the standard specs for the three original editions, it also doesn't seem to be part of any optional extra you can pay for. The more recent "performance" models do seem to have it as a standard. Again seems crazy not to have them especially on a £30k car!!

Cheers

0 0 0

2. Re: Front Fog Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Fog lights are standard in our Style (delivered Aug 20). There is a button on the panel to the right of the instrument cluster, where the rear fog light button also is.

The brochure describes them as ‘LED ‘Plus' headlights including cornering function and poor weather lighting’.

When you switch them on, there is a message in the instrument panel to say ‘All weather lighting on’.

0 0 0

3. Re: Front Fog Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    We went for the style over the R line because the options on the r line as standard we're terrible. Don't they have halogen headlights as standard?

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Front Fog Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Same here. I ended up going for the style e-hybrid here in Ireland. You get nearly every option in the config like matrix lights, HUD display, Discovery Pro, Side assist, folding mirrors, front led grill lights, 30 colour interior lighting and also the touch/haptic control steering wheel as in the higher end golf. it should arrive in January hopefully.

0 1 0

5. Re: Front Fog Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmagee View Post
    We went for the style over the R line because the options on the r line as standard we're terrible. Don't they have halogen headlights as standard?

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
    No all versions have LED headlights, just the Style also gets LED "PLus" which adds cornering and poor weather options. That said, Audi stopped putting fog lights on the A6 several years ago with the explanation that the LED daytime lights, activated as side lights so you have the rear lights on, perform a similar function since they are just as effective as dediicated fog lights. That said my current A6 with LED headlights also has an "all weather" light function but it seems to do very little, perhaps adds a little extra light to the kerb area, and cannot be used without the headlights being on so fails to address the main issue fog lights were invented in the first place, glare from the headlights reflecting off the fog.

0 0 0

6. Re: Front Fog Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Has anyone observed what the front “poor weather lights” actually do? Reason I ask is because I tried using them for the first time recently, in fog, and didn’t notice a change in lighting whilst driving. When I got home I had my partner stand in front of the car to see if there was actually any change in lighting when I turned them on. There wasn’t!
    I did a quick google and whilst i couldn’t find any information specific to the Mk8 golf, there were references to the poor weather lights on other VW models. On those models, the poor weather lighting is linked to the wipers and designed to help prevent glare from the front lights reflecting off the wet road surface for oncoming drivers... rather than it improving my visibility as the driver.

I have the Golf Style by the way. I would be interested to hear if others have noticed this or whether the above actually applies to the Golf Mk8 too. The manual doesn’t provide any insight into the matter.

0 0 0

7. Re: Front Fog Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    On my A6 with the standard led headlights the “all weather lights” adds additional illumination to the kerb area and I think on those with matrix headlights it adjusts the leds to change the beam pattern. All in all though on my car it makes very little real difference

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: Front Fog Lights 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone! All Golfs have led headlamps. Life version has the standard led headlight unit with only the blinkers being halogen. It doesnt have fog lights though...

0 0 0