1. Wipers stuck on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ever since Friday when we had the massive rain my car had been playing up. It started with my hazard light not going out. So I read about the CCM went off to euro to get some electrical cleaner on the way there I could hear water sloshing around. So I removed the battery to find that area full of water. I cleared the drain holes and set about checking the CCM. It was completely dry. No water around the area at all. I still removed the board and cleaned it with electrical cleaner and dried it. Made no difference. But water was coming in the vehicle as my drivers side is soaking I had been getting wet feet when driving dripping on my feet. So more investigation and it says relay 377 for wipers. I have searched and searched there is no 377 relay in mine. Removed relay 370 that stopped the wipers but swapped it with the other 370 relay and it made no difference to my wipers (but wondering if both could be knackered with the amount of water that came in)

I’m literally lost apart from just buying new relays on what else it could be. I’m having to disconnect the fuse when driving and hoping it doesn’t rain.

Has anyone got any suggestions ? Or know anyone in the north east that could look at it and be able to pinpoint my issue

Thanks in advance

Car is a 2004 Audi A4 B6 1.9 TDI Quattro

0 0 0

2. Re: Wipers stuck on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The wiper motor is directly controlled by the Body Control Module under the dash on the drivers side and it is commanded by CAN from the steering column controller and the hazard warning switch signal also goes direct to the BCM so I am surprised it was dry.
    Last edited by Crasher; 14-12-2020 at 02:39 PM.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Wipers stuck on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Would you happen to have a picture of the part I’m looking for ? As my hazards was playing up too but seem to of fixed the self. I see relays under the drivers side but what does CAN look like ?

0 0 0

4. Re: Wipers stuck on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    eye for an eye means the whole world goes blind

0 0 0

5. Re: Wipers stuck on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys I have removed it cleaned it with isopropyl hair dried it and put it back in but no joy. I think it’s got to much corrosion on the board I would upload a picture but not sure how from a mobile phone

0 0 0

6. Re: Wipers stuck on 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Purchased a new (second hand) body control module from eBay and it now works spot on. Thanks for all the help

0 0 0