Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Not having much luck at the moment.

my DPF system fault dash light on, even after passive regen last week.

carista scan thrown up these error codes
    P2002 diesel particulate under threshold
    P2463. Diesel particulate Filter restriction

05188 Soot accumulation
    05189 Particulate filter bank 1

The soot level is at 6.99 g currently.

would you say this was a sensor problem, DPF itself ?

im planning on a forced eco regen tomorrow hoping that helps.
    C7.5 A6 black edition BiTdi

0 0 0

2. Re: DPF issues - soot level 6.63 error p2002 p2463 05188 05189 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    It's been mapped hasn't it, way beyond what the designers planned for. You've got fuelling faults and God knows what else. Get the map off then get a proper reading done and see where you stand.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

3. Re: DPF issues - soot level 6.63 error p2002 p2463 05188 05189 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I’m aware of that. However I’ve got a 2.5 hr drive to get that done. Currently the cars telling me soot levels are not at a level for a regen despite the DPF fault light on dash and those 4 error codes.

also I can’t drive it more than 3 miles without it going into limp mode.

0 0 0

4. Re: DPF issues - soot level 6.63 error p2002 p2463 05188 05189 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi. Have been reading your problems and think as others have said you need to get to a point where you can move things forward. To be honest you need to get everything returned to factory settings ASAP then run it for at least a month to ensure that everything is working as designed, and that’s the important bit, if it has problems in a factory setting they need to be sorted before trying to modify anything . Sorry if this sounds a bit hard, it’s not meant to be, but you need a base line before you can move on, there’s no point in going straight to eleven try three then five and see how it goes. You could always just go get an RS6 problem solved... hope you can get it back to normal soon.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

5. Re: DPF issues - soot level 6.63 error p2002 p2463 05188 05189 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Yes I agree with all that’s said. However currently it won’t go more than 3 miles before limp mode. Kinda stuck now. Before the remap the car was faultless.

0 0 0

6. Re: DPF issues - soot level 6.63 error p2002 p2463 05188 05189 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1840 Post(s)
    I would fit and calibrate a new GENUINE ONLY pressure sensor, do a forced regen whilst driving and see what happens. If it still says it is blocked, take the DPF off and send it to DPF Clean Team in Hinckley. After refitting it will still need a forced regen to finish the job, we do loads like this with no problems EVER afterwards in the last five or more years. They are also a very useful source of good clean used genuine DPF’s as we have had a few customers who have unwittingly bought a car where it has been removed and genuine new ones are silly money plus if it is a bypass pipe you get hit with a £250 surcharge on top. We have tried aftermarket DPF’s from a couple of companies so called “premium” lines and they both failed.

Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

7. Re: DPF issues - soot level 6.63 error p2002 p2463 05188 05189 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    I would fit and calibrate a new GENUINE ONLY pressure sensor, do a forced regen whilst driving and see what happens. If it still says it is blocked, take the DPF off and send it to DPF Clean Team in Hinckley. After refitting it will still need a forced regen to finish the job, we do loads like this with no problems EVER afterwards in the last five or more years. They are also a very useful source of good clean used genuine DPF’s as we have had a few customers who have unwittingly bought a car where it has been removed and genuine new ones are silly money plus if it is a bypass pipe you get hit with a £250 surcharge on top. We have tried aftermarket DPF’s from a couple of companies so called “premium” lines and they both failed.
    thanks crashed. Great info. I would never fit anything non gen to my car. I put a after market cat on a bora yeas ago and it was awful after.
    Ive spoken With my mechanic this morning and he said these codes indicate a blocked DPF despite the carrista saying soot levels low.
    im about to go out and do a forced regen to al least see if it clears even if short term. I have a 20 mile journey either way to get to a motorway or dual carriageway. Hopefully this works so I can get it to a place that will sort the map.

0 0 0

8. Re: DPF issues - soot level 6.63 error p2002 p2463 05188 05189 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Update. Took it out to a dual carriageway and forced a regen. Problem fixed now.

Tuesday off to have it health checked and if all ok Re mapped by QS tuning

0 1 0