Notices

User Tag List

Thread: 16 BiTdi fuel rail pressure to low fault after remap - best garage in the southwest ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. 16 BiTdi fuel rail pressure to low fault after remap - best garage in the southwest ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by morski View Post
    Just go back to him and ask him to take it off as you want to get the car repaired and eliminate any possible issues be it a remap, air filter or an air freshner.
    Once removed leave it as is and see how it behaves and then once your happy the car is ok go for a reputable map or if not get the car repaired.
    I agree with the concept of having the tuner correct, and especially running at stock for awhile to see if everything settles.

However, I have a few alarm bells regarding this tuner, more since finding their FB page and a post about Heathys car. They claim it’s 308bhp which is the 2012-2014MY, not the 320bhp... corrected by Heathy on the post they say they only had the 308bhp reference file. So how old is their data? Conversely when I’ve spoke to Revo, they tell me their maps are always recompiled on the latest Audi reversion. So for example post the Audi recall and emission update on their ECU, a Revo remap will be applied on top of that.

Furthermore Revo provide reassurances post extensive R&D.

When Bevos FB page brags their map was “built and tested” by them, just how much testing and experience with this engine. I am just not reassured when comparing their actions to the other tried and tested tuners for this engine, specifically thinking JD Engineering and MRC who claim ~360-370 stage 1.

So back to Bevo, at best it’s going to come out with a 308 map. The fact it had a 350map, suggests the car hasn’t had the Audi diesel gate remap fix.

My suggestion at this point, ask Audi to apply the emissions fix, it’s a recall so no charge. When they do this, you’ll likely note through VCDS the TCU (transmission) is also remapped, this is much better than the original TCU mappings... now the car with this fix will be dog slow, it will feel like a 270bhp non bitdi! Run that for a few weeks hopefully error free, then have it remapped by a tuner with a reputation for this engine. personally I’d go Revo because I’ve been using it for 3 years and have had no issues.

Recently reapplied post Audi wiping it with the emissions update, and together with the TCU remap it’s better than ever. See the other active thread...

Alternatively perhaps consider MRC or JD engineering (Holland) if travel permits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A6 Avant S-Line BiTdi | born Sept '13 | advanced tech pack | sports diff | privacy glass | 75l fuel tank | lighting pack | HB assist | rear cam
    Q5 S-Line Plus TFSI | born April '11 | tempted to add stage 1 Revo taking HP from 177 to 290.

0 0 0

2. Re: 16 BiTdi fuel rail pressure to low fault after remap - best garage in the southwest ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    This tuner has his figures all wrong. The bitdi has a stock figure of 479lbft of torque 650Nm as standard. Putting a remap on it that pushes the torque to 602lbft 818nm is just stupid and asking for trouble. There is no way in hell that he worked his magic to get a custom map put on the car.
    Normal stage one torque figure is around 760-780 Nm ish and a lot of tuners whom ive spoken to will never even push it to 800 as they know it can put the car into limp mode and stress the gearbox unless retuned as well.
    Suggest you call around a few tuners that know their maps and see what they say. Then go back and get it removed.
    RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics Brakes and lots more.
    A6 BiTdi Avant MTM
    Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, RS6 Seats,Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds,High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Interior Retrim

0 0 0

3. Re: 16 BiTdi fuel rail pressure to low fault after remap - best garage in the southwest ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by morski View Post
    Suggest you call around a few tuners that know their maps and see what they say. Then go back and get it removed.
    But what will the original tuner remove? He can’t just undo and put back to the 350, I expect he can only apply the C7 308 reference map he holds, and this is C7.5 320 car.

Or are there other things he could have done, another tuner couldn’t easily correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A6 Avant S-Line BiTdi | born Sept '13 | advanced tech pack | sports diff | privacy glass | 75l fuel tank | lighting pack | HB assist | rear cam
    Q5 S-Line Plus TFSI | born April '11 | tempted to add stage 1 Revo taking HP from 177 to 290.

0 0 0

4. Re: 16 BiTdi fuel rail pressure to low fault after remap - best garage in the southwest ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    Every tuner will keep the original map that was on the car before they apply their 'own'. In this case we wont know. Even so a reflash of the ecu by Audi will bring it back to stock.
    A6 BiTdi Avant MTM
    Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, RS6 Seats,Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds,High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Interior Retrim

0 0 0

5. Re: 16 BiTdi fuel rail pressure to low fault after remap - best garage in the southwest ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Thanks for the help guys.

The 15 cars c7.5 onwards didn’t need the diesel gate fix as they are euro 6 ad blue engines so that’s a bonus, besides the cars had a full Audi history so would have been done if needed.
    razzors right about his original post on fb stating a 308 bhp car which I corrected. This now thinking about it is giving me concerns as to it being right in the first place.

they are a 2.5 hr drive for me, so I’m more leaning towards going elsewhere and having it done again at a lower bhp / torque.

my guess is like morski says, it’s pushing it just a tad too far currently.

now who do I use ?
    C7.5 A6 black edition BiTdi

0 0 0

6. Re: 16 BiTdi fuel rail pressure to low fault after remap - best garage in the southwest ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Guys..

ive found a company called QST down in Sussex. They are a MTM official Company. I’m booked in for next Tuesday at 11. Fingers crossed it’s just a map issue and not something more sinister.

thanks for the help, I will of course come back with my findings etc.

cheers

0 0 0

7. Re: 16 BiTdi fuel rail pressure to low fault after remap - best garage in the southwest ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    Thanks for the help guys.

The 15 cars c7.5 onwards didn’t need the diesel gate fix as they are euro 6 ad blue engines so that’s a bonus, besides the cars had a full Audi history so would have been done if needed.

now who do I use ?
    I think you're wrong about the C7 not having the recall, see this thread. Of course yours could have had it, and the 350 remap after. Equally could have needed it and Audi missed it, and or the previous owner told them not to.

If you bought from Audi, tell them you had some issues took it by a garage and they noted it had a remap and as a bad move you allowed that garage to fix with a new remap... they will hopefully just reflash as an extended courtesy. If you didn't buy from Audi, have a frank conversation with your local dealer, specifically the service manager, asking if the digital record shows a recall (mined does), and if not can it have it. As I previously stated you'll get the TCU done at the same time. If it has been performed, explain n more detail why you're asking and if they will help.

Then for tunes...

Custom

MRC, who recently replied to me "A stage 1 map should see around 350-370ps 750-800nm. With the Wagner intercooler it should 400ps" - recent forums posts have suggested they get so many enquires they are challenging to reach by phone and slow to reply by email.

JDEngineering, but with Covid and distance even if most desirable perhaps not feasible. While there dyno figures are high, recent threads suggest their dyno's optimistic! My confidence here, is the fact their tunes have featured in so many forum threads since I bought my car in 2013, so they have a lot of specific bitdi experience.

Non custom, with maps in the safe range.
    Revo, oh **** just looked and while they quote for my 308bhp/312ps the 320ps reads needs development... I would be tempted to phone Revo and ask why they haven't adapted their 308bhp map. They have dealers all over and it's a 40 minute laptop job, I'd suggest calling their sales or email 01327 301 901 sales@revotechnik.com. It's likely it will be a similar map to the 308 and they just haven't had access to a 320bhp? When I first got my 308 and
    they didn't have a map they offered a free map if I loaned them my car for a few days, I would had I been local.

SuperChips/Bluefin - this one you can do at home, you buy a device with the config loaded on. Similar to Revo, less talked about for VAG.

OR like Morski the MTM M-Cantronic which piggy backs (not like a tuning box) always fancied that myself, but pricey.

0 0 0

8. Re: 16 BiTdi fuel rail pressure to low fault after remap - best garage in the southwest ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    Ive had my MTM for a good while now and i cant fault it. Yes very pricey compared to others but they are huge company and all of their stuff is expensive. QST aka Kim collins has been with MTM for years and knows his audis very well.
    Ive also used Quantum remaps for some other cars and great service with a 30 day no obligation refund. Worth a call to them to ask. They have said to me in the past they can do 800nm remap on mine but its an agressive map and they dont recommend it.
    A6 BiTdi Avant MTM

0 0 0

9. Re: 16 BiTdi fuel rail pressure to low fault after remap - best garage in the southwest ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I’ve just phoned bath Audi and my car has had the recall for emissions. Thanks for the heads up.

0 0 0

10. Re: 16 BiTdi fuel rail pressure to low fault after remap - best garage in the southwest ? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Still got this problem? It may be the same issue I had and can point you in the right direction of what the problem is.
    Last edited by zikster; 11-12-2020 at 01:20 AM.
    A7 BiTdi C7
    EGR/DPF delete, Wagner FMIC, Engine tuned by BSR, TCU tuned by MRC. 409hp 610ft lb dynoed at SRR

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast