Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    This is strange.
    So, I could not find any damage on 12V supply wire, I followed it up the the torpedo wall.
    The ground wire though had above 1 ohm resistance.
    The pump did not get power with engine running.
    So I desided to draw a new ground wire - to the same place that the pump originally is grounded to - or I left the original wire attached as well.
    Now I have 12V to the pump with engine on as well as ignition on and pump relay energized.
    Before this I had between 3-4 Amp draw on the pump when I managed to energize it.
    Now, after the extra ground wire attached - I have between -3-4 Amp draw!!
    The pump runs with engine on.....
    Ill load up videos on those ^^

0 0 0

2. Re: 1.9Tdi fuel filter check valve? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    It seems like I have solved the mystery.

When I was to measure where the ground or voltage went - I had problems removing the electric connector from the new pump.
    I broke the locking tab....
    Lucky I did!!!
    The voltage tab on the old pump was corroded - I did try to see if the connector was intact when I changed the pump, and it did look intact. But it wasnt!!
    When I was removing the pins from the connector - I could not in the life of me remove the 12V pin. And eventually it broke, the wire was corroded and damaged!!!!

So the fault was the 12V pin on the pump and on the connector.
    I do not know if that was the cause of the ground disappearing as soon as I started the engine. It could very well be that there was no ground problem at all.

So, for someone for reference, Ill upload the amp measurings.
    First picture as it was - the video didnt get saved - photo.
    First video is from the one with extra ground.
    Second video is after repaired connector pins.
    Last picture from the old pump connector.
    P1080978.jpg

Amp draw diesel pump - YouTube

Amp draw diesel pump after connector repair - YouTube

P1080986.jpg

0 0 0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

1. 2.0 tdi audi a6 c6 Fuel filter union valve
    By imtattoo80 in forum Audi A6 - C6 Forum - 2005 - 2010
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28-03-2019, 08:11 PM
  2. 3.0 TDI - Fuel filter check
    By 'WG' in forum Audi A6 - C6 Forum - 2005 - 2010
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 15-12-2015, 06:08 PM
  3. Question Struggling engine, deteriorating fuel economy, noisy charcoal filter valve
    By Rory Wilson in forum Audi A3 - 8L - 1996 - 2003
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28-06-2015, 07:42 PM
  4. Question where is the fuel filter located on the 1.9tdi?
    By cusford in forum Audi A4 - B5 Forum - 1995 - 2002
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 11:32 PM
  5. Passat 1.9tdi fuel filter
    By Alby43 in forum Passat - B5 Forum - 1997 -2005
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-01-2009, 03:16 PM