Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    I agree. There is a long way to go before cars can even deliver Level 3 Autonomy, let alone Level 4 or 5
    The promise is zero accidents and deaths/serious injuries and this will nearly be delivered in Western Europe BUT the problem will be people being killed/seriously injured by a computer rather than a person. Hundreds of deaths/seriously injured per annum are accepted by us all as part and parcel of life on the road. To promise zero and not deliver will cause outrage and the Daily Mail would have a field day... in a kind of perverse way we accept that people kill people whether by accident or intent, that a malfunctioning computer confused by too much rain kills one person instead of 10,000 people being killed by a person is unacceptable; according to https://www.asirt.org/safe-travel/road-safety-facts 3700 people die EVERY DAY in road accidents world wide... try making that zero.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

2. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hi all,

Done some more digging into this issue, transpires that its an inherrant issue dating back to 2015, the issues I and others are experiencing are not going to go away, but due to pressures in the EU and USA I am sure VW are going to focus a litle more on the implications.
    1/ You dont want the car to suddenly stop
    2/ You dont want the ACC turning on an off at will
    3/ You dont want the front asssit to throw a wobbly each time it rains and turn itself off
    4/ You dont want the emergency SOS assist to turn off.

I reckon its down to the software they use, I hope they sort it, they have had 5 years!

0 0 0

3. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Funny thing is I had the most recent SEAT Ibiza before this and the front assist and ACC were far more reliable, the only times they complained were in extreme rain or snow.

0 0 0

4. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GLX View Post
    Funny thing is I had the most recent SEAT Ibiza before this and the front assist and ACC were far more reliable, the only times they complained were in extreme rain or snow.
    the Ibiza is based on the Polo platform and uses a differnet system to the Golf (more like the one used in the Golf Mk7)

0 0 0

5. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    UPDATE

Round one completed, been into the dealership and there's no actual fault recorded on the OBD. However the tech did confirm the "dings".
    So round two, email sent to VW UK, why the dings and why the peramenters do not run in the background on initial start up?
    I've delivered over 50 of these cars and only come across one other like mine that dings away, so lets see if my email gets past the front desk, I am not holding my breath lol

0 0 0

6. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    I too have a ‘dinging’ Mk8. But with ours it’s Emergency Assist not available followed by Travel Assist not available.

I would say that around 1/3 of the time it works normally, 1/3 of the time it dings once and both systems remain off (with appropriate orange lights on the instrument display), and then the really annoying 1/3 is when these systems cycle on and off producing a pair of dings every time they do so (sometimes you might get 6 or 7 pairs of dings a minute).

In my case, dealer has consulted VW who say we must await a software update which is being developed for the aerial control module.

There are a number of strange symptoms:
    - dings are more frequent in wet weather
    - turning a corner (at a junction or roundabout) often sets off a ‘ding’ (but it happens on the straight as well)
    - when travel assist is unavailable then adaptive cruise control and passive lane keeping assist work normally.

This is on a 1.5 DSG eTSI Style.

Interesting that @Cyborg2 is experiencing repeated dings on front assist / lane assist.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf Mk 1.5 eTSI 150PS DSG Style
    Reflex Silver / Storm Grey, Winter Pack, Reversing Camera, Headup Display

0 0 0

7. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Well as I expected VW just quoted me a passage form the handbook expalining how the car dings, its a feature you know, it lets you know things, I know that I am not a cabbage.
    I am less pleased with the dealership service team, the aerial control module has a known software hiccup, so why not say so and add.... "a fix is on the way".

0 0 0

8. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    May I ask which dealership gave you the info on the Aerial control module please?

0 0 0

9. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Dealership been in touch after I had a moan, they are looking into a deep hole!
    Vw still dont want to know.
    Ombudsman says they will review but may take 6 months!
    All I can do is wear ear plugs

0 0 0

10. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    Were any of you pre-warned by the dealer about the Golf 8 software issues before you bought them?
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast