1. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    As my VIN starts with WVWZZZCDZL the Z being the year based on the table for the site I mentioned, I just added my full chasis number and hey presto it told me what I wanted to know.

Assuming yours in UK spec your VIN should start the same as mine (WVW), looking on the site VIN searches are recorded, I dont see another WVW pertaining to your model recently.

There are many sites out there that can identify via the VIN, its always the 9th letter, however this lettering or numbering is carried over a 20yr cycle , yours is probably registered as a 70 plate so the year of manufacture is 2020, however the spec changed mid year to include those little extras we all feel should be standard, but the technical glitches remain as the software update has only just been released to the wider market in the hope its a cure all, its the glitches the string relates to.

0 0 0

2. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Any more info about this software recall, will VW be in touch or do I need to pursue through dealer?

Latest with mine is that the ‘Hazard Warning Restricted’ dings have subsided, only to be replaced with regular warnings that Travel Assist is not available. Really annoying, thankfully I’m not a particularly nervous person otherwise I’d be a wreck driving it.

0 0 0

3. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Z is an infill digit. It is the 9th digit from the end, 2020 is L e.g. WVWZZZCDZMW055266 is a random Golf 8 type CD1 9UZ 2021 model (the M) built in Wolfsburg (the W) on the 9/11/2020
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

4. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Looking on other platforms it seems there is a recall of sorts, but VW decline to admit anything actually wrong, mines going in next year for 3 days!!
    I know the software update takes 2-3 hrs, but I have also noted other owners having the steering wheel changed due to a faulty sensor when turning.

0 0 0

5. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Gave my local dealer a call. Described the constant dings (currently Travel Assist is not available) and he told me he’s having similar issues on his company car.

Advised to call back 2nd week of Jan when they are expecting software updates for the Golf and ID3, including updates to the media console and camera. Will be a day or so to install them all.

0 1 0

6. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Snowed today in newcastle. Got in the car and turned it on, the first thing I see on the dash are: Parking brake error, auto hold fail, front assist unavailable. Shat my self as I live on a hill, car without a parking brake would be dangerous! However, all errors seemed to be fake and everything was alright. Not sure why they have set the thresholds for error quite low? These errors can easily be hidden from the user with no harm done.

0 0 0

7. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Ok - at last we've got to the bottom of the constant notifications (and associated dinging) that emergency assist and travel assist are not available on our Golf Mk8 eTSI Style. See post #16 above for the symptoms.

The dealer tried two large software updates (both taking around 6 hours) which did not solve the problem.

They've now confirmed it's a problem with the capacitive sensor on the steering wheel. This makes sense, since Emergency Assist relies on the steering wheel capacitive sensor to detect that the driver is still alert, Travel Assist does the same to ensure the car is not being driven hands-free, plus the fact that the notifications were often triggered by a movement of the steering wheel at roundabouts etc.

VW HQ seemingly are aware of it as they’ve given the dealer the part number for a revised steering wheel and associated loom that has to be fitted. That’s on back order and may take a while to arrive.

So, it's a hardware problem and not software.

Full marks to my dealer for persisting!

0 0 0

8. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    My dealer has just confirmed the same diagnosis, now that the big software update has been installed, they have ordred new parts.
    Here's the stinker, VW isnt making spare parts that we need at the mo, so dealers are finding donor cars to rob bits from, all those Mk8's in airfields lol.
    My dealer is a total let down, I told them what the problem was, I even told them what other dealers were doing, they told me to sit and wait untill the parts arrive!!
    I dont think so Grrrr

0 0 0

9. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Cars been in, new steering wheel and loom ( a six pin connection this time). Software updated. Car seems to be fine now. VW UK will not admit any issue, all just a voluntary recall. this will be my last Vw purchase.

0 0 0

10. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Don’t be too hard on VW, it is EU regulations that are partly to blame with the huge demands placed on car manufacturers and all brands are suffering, that is why there is so much consolidation such as the new Stellantis group founded only a week ago.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 1 0

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast