Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    Were any of you pre-warned by the dealer about the Golf 8 software issues before you bought them?
    Not specifically, however I already knew that Mk8 production had been paused because of issues with the eSIM connection to emergency services and asked specifically if the fix had been applied to the car I was buying (it was one of the early production run and already in the UK in JUne when I purchased it) and was assured it had. I was not aware of or told about any other software issues with the car, however my other car is an Audi A6 C8 and this also has issues with the camera based assist systems so I should not say I am overly surprised that they are alos present on the Golf. I am fairly certain the issue with the car connecting to the VW server is a software issue at the server end and not down to the software in the car. I plan to test this next time i have an opportunity by hotspotting the car off my phjhone rather thna use the eSIM to see it makes a difference

0 0 0

2. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    VW AG were very open about a whole raft of software issues because they had no option but to make the cars and ship them knowing the software was faulty, the dealers were all made aware of this and told to notify customers... I would never have expected a car salesperson to not be open with a potential customer... would you
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

1 0 0

3. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
    VW AG were very open about a whole raft of software issues because they had no option but to make the cars and ship them knowing the software was faulty, the dealers were all made aware of this and told to notify customers... I would never have expected a car salesperson to not be open with a potential customer... would you
    Interesting as well that the sales person was driving a 1.5TFSe as her car so would presumably have been aware of any issues first hand. She did say she hated Lane Assist and turned it off everytime she got in the car, but a lot of people who drive brands other than VW hate lane assist. But as you say, what slaes person would try to sell a car and then say "by the way the software is rubbish"

0 0 0

4. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Realistically is false representation, knowingingly selling a product with a known flaw, but here's the catch, when running a diagnostic there's no hard fault recorded!
    Its always a tricky one where software is the cause, we all know about updates, this littel gem covers the responsibility angle, "How did we know it would park on a cliff edge".

The one and only thing in my wish list is ownership of issues we consumers highlight, car makers are good at passing the buck maters not which brand.

I still think the Golf (and Audi A3) is a good buy mechanialy, Toyota seem to have both the software up to spec.

0 0 0

5. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    I feel that the digital content of the Golf 8 and its contemporaries is a step too far, it is going to mean a car will get scrapped because it has electronic problems when mechanically and bodily it is still in fine shape which is environmentally irresponsible. We had to scrap our lovely condition A4 estate loan car because we could not buy a side air bag crash sensor and the only reason that failed was the stupid plenum chamber design...
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Totally agree with your comments. If we only had an off button that stayed in the off position (for the gismo's) driving would be a pleasure.

0 0 0

7. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Facebook Group VW Mk8 having cars recalled for software update in 2021, mine booked in 2nd week in January, VW UK still say nothing wrong with car. Lets see if its software related and this update cures the DINGS

0 0 0

8. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg2 View Post
    Facebook Group VW Mk8 having cars recalled for software update in 2021, mine booked in 2nd week in January, VW UK still say nothing wrong with car. Lets see if its software related and this update cures the DINGS
    Is this for cars in the 2021 build as well, I.e delivered in the second half of the year? Mine was delivered in November so certainly a 21 model.

Thanks

0 0 0

9. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I had mine in late October, but maufactured in 2020, without power folding mirrors its not a 2021 spec.
    Dont forget all the earlier Mk8's that have been stored in the UK for months.
    You can see when it was built by using this free search tool for UK spec as my 9th character in the VIN is a Z that demotes 2020
    VIN Decoder & Lookup | Vindecoderz

0 0 0

10. Re: Intermittant fault 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg2 View Post
    I had mine in late October, but maufactured in 2020, without power folding mirrors its not a 2021 spec.
    Dont forget all the earlier Mk8's that have been stored in the UK for months.
    You can see when it was built by using this free search tool for UK spec as my 9th character in the VIN is a Z that demotes 2020
    VIN Decoder & Lookup | Vindecoderz
    Hi, mine is certainly a 2021 as it has the folding mirrors and the light strip at the front. The site you linked to tells me my car is a 1991 model!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast