Hi All

My 1.5eTSI STLYE was delivered yesterday. I have spent several hours updating and familiarising myself with the new interface and think I might be at a point where I can live with the car for the next 35 months!

On the plus side my car arrived with power folding mirrors, side assist/ blind spot and the illuminated front grill strip.
Appears though, after a trip to my local dealer today to help with a few questions, that the ability to display the navigation maps in the instrument cluster has been removed from the style in standard spec. The 'genius8' who I dealt with had his ipad out and showed amendments to the spec confirming the change. I can live with the swap if I'm honest, but was just on the look out for the update/ document he showed me. Do VW issue press release updates of build spec changes? FWIW, my car also arrived with a spare wheel which I hadn't specced.

Other than that all is 'good' with the car, now has 91 miles under it! I think my wife's mk7.5 and my previous 2015 mk7 gti pp were instinctively easier cars to get in and drive, but I'm sure this new mk8 with its additional safety kit, comfy seats, slicker dsg and fatter steering wheel will serve me well. The touch screen everything is a ballache, but once set up, I doubt I'll need to meddle much with it.