Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Spec changes to Style model, and others?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Hi All

My 1.5eTSI STLYE was delivered yesterday. I have spent several hours updating and familiarising myself with the new interface and think I might be at a point where I can live with the car for the next 35 months!

On the plus side my car arrived with power folding mirrors, side assist/ blind spot and the illuminated front grill strip.
    Appears though, after a trip to my local dealer today to help with a few questions, that the ability to display the navigation maps in the instrument cluster has been removed from the style in standard spec. The 'genius8' who I dealt with had his ipad out and showed amendments to the spec confirming the change. I can live with the swap if I'm honest, but was just on the look out for the update/ document he showed me. Do VW issue press release updates of build spec changes? FWIW, my car also arrived with a spare wheel which I hadn't specced.

Other than that all is 'good' with the car, now has 91 miles under it! I think my wife's mk7.5 and my previous 2015 mk7 gti pp were instinctively easier cars to get in and drive, but I'm sure this new mk8 with its additional safety kit, comfy seats, slicker dsg and fatter steering wheel will serve me well. The touch screen everything is a ballache, but once set up, I doubt I'll need to meddle much with it.

0 0 0

2. Re: Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrparkuk View Post
    Hi All

My 1.5eTSI STLYE was delivered yesterday. I have spent several hours updating and familiarising myself with the new interface and think I might be at a point where I can live with the car for the next 35 months!

On the plus side my car arrived with power folding mirrors, side assist/ blind spot and the illuminated front grill strip.
    Appears though, after a trip to my local dealer today to help with a few questions, that the ability to display the navigation maps in the instrument cluster has been removed from the style in standard spec. The 'genius8' who I dealt with had his ipad out and showed amendments to the spec confirming the change. I can live with the swap if I'm honest, but was just on the look out for the update/ document he showed me. Do VW issue press release updates of build spec changes? FWIW, my car also arrived with a spare wheel which I hadn't specced.

Other than that all is 'good' with the car, now has 91 miles under it! I think my wife's mk7.5 and my previous 2015 mk7 gti pp were instinctively easier cars to get in and drive, but I'm sure this new mk8 with its additional safety kit, comfy seats, slicker dsg and fatter steering wheel will serve me well. The touch screen everything is a ballache, but once set up, I doubt I'll need to meddle much with it.

Picked up my 1.5 eTSI a few weeks ago. Was expecting the maps to work in both screens as well but updated in the official brouchure on the VW website back in July. Says the digital cockpit pro cannot display maps on it in small print in the spec page. Only downside of not getting the Discover Pro version i would say, other than that really good car.

0 0 0

3. Re: Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Cheers for the reply. I didn't look at the spec/website much at the time. Just needed to order a replacement lease and though, 'another golf'. Opted for mid spec Style as it had LED headlights. The rest has been a bonus.
    Think I'll like the car once all the new touch screen tech becomes the 'norm' to me.

0 0 0

4. Re: Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    I'd say the style is top spec at the minute. I think with the 8 they've screwed the R line over. Fewer gadgets in exchange for sports seats and fake tailpipes. Love the R line but style was a no brainer.

Led headlights are amazing!!

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

5. Re: Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    That’s why I didn’t get the R-line, thought what’s the point when you don’t even get standard stuff in the style like 3-zone climate and even Led lights which is a Ł700 option. I got the IQ lights on the style for Ł800, couldn’t imagine the Ł1700 for them on the r-line.

0 0 0

6. Re: Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordanc95 View Post
    Picked up my 1.5 eTSI a few weeks ago. Was expecting the maps to work in both screens as well but updated in the official brouchure on the VW website back in July. Says the digital cockpit pro cannot display maps on it in small print in the spec page. Only downside of not getting the Discover Pro version i would say, other than that really good car.
    Presumably they needed to do this in order to justify the high price for the Discover Pro option, which otherwise was giving little compared to what was provided as standard. No doubt it will not be long before someone works out how to enable it

0 0 0

7. Re: Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    Presumably they needed to do this in order to justify the high price for the Discover Pro option, which otherwise was giving little compared to what was provided as standard. No doubt it will not be long before someone works out how to enable it
    Fingers crossed. I'm waiting for Carista to add some features for the MK8. Even simple things like keeping welcome home lights on for longer

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

8. Re: Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrparkuk View Post
    Hi All

Appears though, after a trip to my local dealer today to help with a few questions, that the ability to display the navigation maps in the instrument cluster has been removed from the style in standard spec.
    To my mind, there are a few drawbacks to displaying the nav maps on the virtual instrument cluster instead of on the infotainment screen. The instrument cluster map doesn't give you the same advance turn information as the infotainment screen, simply the name of the next road; you don't see the strip map with advance info on fuel / coffee stops and traffic congestion; and, when the map is displayed on the instrument cluster, the two outer dials are simple rectangles, unattractive compared to the standard view where the round dials show speed / revs as well as the selected info in the centre.

I think I'd much rather have the power fold mirrors!

0 1 0

9. Re: Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Folding mirrors!!! Mine didnt come with them :-( Ive done about 250 miles in mine, the only niggle is the front assist when its raining hard, gets its knickers in a twist for the odd second or two.
    Personally I dont like the map right in front of me, quite distracting.
    I did hope Id have heated seats, all the wires are there but no interface.
    Then again VW is like all car makers, its the add ons that make them the extra cash.
    Over all I am pretty please with mine, much better than the T-ROC

0 0 0

10. Re: Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I fell foul of this too, managed to get an 'in stock' car very close to my desired spec in July and found it did not come with the foldable mirrors nor did the 'winter pack' come with the heated steering wheel. The dealer tried to convince me I had the better deal having the 'Pro' navigation which includes the useless gesture controls. Did not realise maps in the instrument cluster was part of that, but having the head-up display I find I don't use it anyway, it's also quite ugly to be honest so you haven't missed much!

0 0 0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast