Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Spec changes to Style model, and others?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Re: Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Handydave View Post
    Provided the car was built at the end of September, then it is certainly a 2021 model year.
    The first Style models to be fitted with power fold mirrors were delivered in September.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    If the car was built in September then you should have the folding mirrors as these were added to cars built from July as the factory reopened. As to which version of the navigation system you have and whether you can display the map on the virtual cockpit is a more difficult question to answer
    Thanks both for the replies - that sets my mind at ease then. I was surprised to read the information regarding the display of the maps in the instrument cluster - I have a mid-sped MK7.5 Golf currently and, specced with the Active Info Display, it was just a given that you were able to do this. I've used this function an awful lot less than I expected to though, so I'm not too worried about whether or not this particular car has the feature. I was more concerned about the mirrors (due to ease of garage parking), and the Side Assist which I believe is only included on the MY2021 models.

Thanks again for the help - I'll be sure to update the thread when I receive delivery in the next couple of weeks.

0 0 0

2. Re: Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Just a quick update, received delivery today and can confirm that the car is a MY2021 year model, complete with the folding mirrors and Side Assist. The feature to have the map in the instrument cluster is definitely disabled, which is disappointing but expected.

On the off chance someone else has experienced this, has anyone noticed a dull but clear high-pitched 'whistle' coming from the rear underside of their car while the engine is running? Haven't done much searching yet due to poor light but there's definitely something happening that feels like it shouldn't be.

0 0 0

3. Re: Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Haven't noticed a whistling sound in ours

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Thumbs up Re: Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLewis View Post
    Just a quick update, received delivery today and can confirm that the car is a MY2021 year model, complete with the folding mirrors and Side Assist. The feature to have the map in the instrument cluster is definitely disabled, which is disappointing but expected.

On the off chance someone else has experienced this, has anyone noticed a dull but clear high-pitched 'whistle' coming from the rear underside of their car while the engine is running? Haven't done much searching yet due to poor light but there's definitely something happening that feels like it shouldn't be.
    Hi CLewis does your side assist include the rear traffic alert?

0 0 0

5. Re: Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Massimo2323 View Post
    Hi CLewis does your side assist include the rear traffic alert?
    Hey there, yes it is included according to the driver aid list on the infotainment system.

I've noticed an annoying problem, hopefully I'm missing something but I cannot seem to find a way to control calls via the instrument cluster / steering wheel. When making a call, a red 'Cancel' button appears but once the other person answers, I cannot find any way of interacting with the call at all except via the touchscreen on the infotainment system (on previous versions of the Golf, pressing the 'OK' button on the steering wheel would hang up the call, and the other buttons would scroll through missed calls etc.). When 'telephone' is selected inside one of the dials, I just see the name of the person and 'Active' underneath.

Has anyone else noticed this / know of a way to do anything about this? It's very annoying / almost dangerous to have to hang up a call via the infotainment system, especially when using Apple CarPlay as the 'Hang up Call' button is far to the left of the screen.

0 0 0

6. Re: Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Couldn't agree more..
    I think VW have really made a pigs ear of this release.

0 0 0

7. Re: Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by djangophi View Post
    Couldn't agree more..
    I think VW have really made a pigs ear of this release.
    Think that is a bit unfair on pigs!

0 0 0

8. Re: Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Just thought I would add to the whole map in instrument cluster thing. Ordered my Golf 8 Style at the end of July based on the 25th June version of the brochure, which stated that “When the navigation map is displayed in the Digital Cockpit Pro the navigation map cannot be displayed on the Discover Navigation’s 10" touch-screen.” Car got delivered mid October and came with the Side Assist, Travel Assist, illuminated grille strip and folding mirrors etc, but there doesn’t seem to be an option put the map there. Can VW just omit certain spec elements without warning, cos I’m quite disappointed that this function is no linger applicable to the Style spec, despite buying on that basis. Plus despite not optioning the Pro version, it still has the “Hello Volkswagen” command and the gesture control, is that meant to a thing on the Media version?

0 0 0

9. Re: Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmacca View Post
    Just thought I would add to the whole map in instrument cluster thing. Ordered my Golf 8 Style at the end of July based on the 25th June version of the brochure, which stated that “When the navigation map is displayed in the Digital Cockpit Pro the navigation map cannot be displayed on the Discover Navigation’s 10" touch-screen.” Car got delivered mid October and came with the Side Assist, Travel Assist, illuminated grille strip and folding mirrors etc, but there doesn’t seem to be an option put the map there. Can VW just omit certain spec elements without warning, cos I’m quite disappointed that this function is no linger applicable to the Style spec, despite buying on that basis. Plus despite not optioning the Pro version, it still has the “Hello Volkswagen” command and the gesture control, is that meant to a thing on the Media version?
    Yes the voice commands are standard across the range I believe. Kind of need to be because those touch sensitive strips are a nightmare when you're driving

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

10. Re: Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmacca View Post
    Unfortunately all manufacturers have a get out of jail free clause in their marketing material which says in the case of VW

Prices, specifications, features, technical and other information (including
    fuel consumption, CO2 emissions and range) are updated regularly and are
    subject to change without notice (this may include changes between order
    and delivery). There may be a delay in updates to our materials – always
    consult your authorised Volkswagen retailer for the latest information.

It can (and often does) work the other way too where you discover soething that was an option is now standard. Regarding the voice control, I think the standard Navigation has some voice functionality while the Pro system offers Natural Language functionaity which means you can basically say what you like and it will interpret rather than restricting yourself to fixed set of commands and phrases

0 0 0

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123