Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Spec changes to Style model, and others?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Agree with you about the Head Up Display. Great info - exactly where you need it. It shows speed limit, actual speed, cruise control desired speed, road warning signs, and next turn information from the satNav.
    Well worth the money.

0 0 0

2. Re: Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I’m yet to collect my golf style are u tell me the map don’t come up on the drivers screen cause it so sold to me by the salesman telling me the sat nav displays on the drivers display

0 0 0

3. Re: Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen1982 View Post
    I’m yet to collect my golf style are u tell me the map don’t come up on the drivers screen cause it so sold to me by the salesman telling me the sat nav displays on the drivers display
    On the MY20 plate it does. On the MY21 it doesn't. Honestly illuminated grille and folding mirrors are way better than the map on nav screen!

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    This kind of answers my issue of not being able to have the map in cockpit. However what I don’t understand is what is the difference between the standard and pro nav? Features of the pro include gesture control and internet streaming radio which mine does have, I just do t get the navigation screen when cycle through the screens using the view button. Also I was told by VW in July and have seen it in various motoring articles that the 2020 mk 8 would get the pro as standard.

Is there any way to check which version I have? As it seems like I have a half way house between standard and pro!!

Many thanks

0 0 0

5. Re: Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jawsjunkie View Post
    This kind of answers my issue of not being able to have the map in cockpit. However what I don’t understand is what is the difference between the standard and pro nav? Features of the pro include gesture control and internet streaming radio which mine does have, I just do t get the navigation screen when cycle through the screens using the view button. Also I was told by VW in July and have seen it in various motoring articles that the 2020 mk 8 would get the pro as standard.

Is there any way to check which version I have? As it seems like I have a half way house between standard and pro!!

Many thanks
    When VW switched to 2021 models in August, they diverged the models into Discover media and discover pro. You should see on the brochure on the VW website it states in small text on one of the pages at the bottom, (1 Please note: The navigation map cannot be displayed on the Digital Cockpit Pro.)

MAPs on info display not supported on media. Pro has more voice command functions than the media as well.

If you didn't specify in your order about the discover pro, depending on when you ordered you will only have the standard discover media system

0 0 0

6. Re: Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Many thanks for the update. We ordered in August so I suppose the time frame fits. What I find strange is the lack of definite info over the differences between the standard and pro. So to confirm you get gesture control with the standard? As everywhere I have read it states this is a feature of the pro. Internet streaming was also meant to be a feature of the pro as well but I can have Alexa and also have tested the internet radio feature. Are the extra voice commands, the more "natural" voice command recognition, such as "My feet are cold" which then turns on the heater to feet?

At the moment I'm struggling to see the £1600 upgrade for a map in the digital cockpit to be worthwhile!

Thanks again

0 0 0

7. Re: Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yes you can get limited gesture control functions on the standard, think it’s only the move between the screens on the home page so far, not tried much else with it. But I did ask for speech function Volkswagen to turn air on on or something similar but it said that function wasn’t available so I think advanced commands are on the pro. Could do with a list from VW of what it can do voice control wise. Internet streaming is on both media and pro as far as I know, I don’t usually use it.

yes the £1600 is eye watering to fork out for, not worth it just for maps, might be a later upgrade or addition to add in the SD card for the info display. I read on one of the European forums that it’s missing a cable linking the SD to the info display so that’s why it won’t work.

0 0 0

8. Re: Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hi Guys,

I've been following the discussions on the forums here regarding the specification changes. I've just started the process of signing a new lease for a new Golf 8 Style eTSI 150 DSG, which was a stock car. After reading through the forums and seeing that MY2020 cars were missing some features from the latest brochure, I asked the retailer to confirm the build date in order to confirm if the car was a MY2021 car including the folding mirrors etc. They have confirmed today that the car was built at the end of September, so they are confident it is the MY2021 specification but they cannot confirm this as the car is currently in a warehouse (I guess at the port of entry?) and not on their site.

I've sent the initial paperwork as they could only reserve the car until lunchtime today, but I will still need to complete the VWFS paperwork before anything is final. Does anyone have any opinion / insight in to this? Am I safe to assume that the car is the MY2021 specification if it was built at the end of September?

Appreciate anyone's help in confirming this.

0 0 0

9. Re: Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLewis View Post
    Hi Guys,

I've been following the discussions on the forums here regarding the specification changes. I've just started the process of signing a new lease for a new Golf 8 Style eTSI 150 DSG, which was a stock car. After reading through the forums and seeing that MY2020 cars were missing some features from the latest brochure, I asked the retailer to confirm the build date in order to confirm if the car was a MY2021 car including the folding mirrors etc. They have confirmed today that the car was built at the end of September, so they are confident it is the MY2021 specification but they cannot confirm this as the car is currently in a warehouse (I guess at the port of entry?) and not on their site.

I've sent the initial paperwork as they could only reserve the car until lunchtime today, but I will still need to complete the VWFS paperwork before anything is final. Does anyone have any opinion / insight in to this? Am I safe to assume that the car is the MY2021 specification if it was built at the end of September?

Appreciate anyone's help in confirming this.
    If the car was built in September then you should have the folding mirrors as these were added to cars built from July as the factory reopened. As to which version of the navigation system you have and whether you can display the map on the virtual cockpit is a more difficult question to answer

nd

0 0 0

10. Re: Spec changes to Style model, and others? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Provided the car was built at the end of September, then it is certainly a 2021 model year.
    The first Style models to be fitted with power fold mirrors were delivered in September.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast