Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4ttv View Post
    Interesting, thank you. As you say this is location specific as I can get it to fail in specific locations every time. Unfortunately they are on every road out of my home location. So impossible to use the SatNav.
    By "Private" which of the 4 modes do you mean - Maximum Privacy, No Position data, Use my Position. I'd hope at the least to be able to use No Position Data.

Attachment 37720

Also still on 1664, no steering wheel change.
    Audi uses Cubic Telecom as their connectivity provider and from what I can see in the UK Cubic primarily uses the Vodafone network. If you live in a Vodafone blackspot then this is lijely to be source of your connectivity problem. Not something VW and especially your dealer can really do much about

0 0 0

2. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    Audi uses Cubic Telecom as their connectivity provider and from what I can see in the UK Cubic primarily uses the Vodafone network. If you live in a Vodafone blackspot then this is lijely to be source of your connectivity problem. Not something VW and especially your dealer can really do much about
    The issue is how the car reacts to a connectivity issue which they can do something about! Just losing signal for a short period should not cause the car to crash the SOS system and not reset until the next day, stop navigation, set the car to having speed limits in kmph and thinking it is right hand drive etc.
    Golf 8 1.5 eTSI, 7-speed DSG, Style, Deep Black Pearl, Rear View camera, UTR

0 3 0

3. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    The issue is how the car reacts to a connectivity issue which they can do something about! Just losing signal for a short period should not cause the car to crash the SOS system and not reset until the next day, stop navigation, set the car to having speed limits in kmph and thinking it is right hand drive etc.
    A thought which might be worth trying as it might help pinpoint the source of the issue, have you tried connecting the car to your phone via wifi, using the phone as a wifi hotspot? When I tried it I got a message saying that it would disconnect the eSIM. If the car maintains the connection to the servers using your phone and does not then do all of the silly things you reported then it would clearly point to an issue with the eSIM or accompanying kit

0 0 0

4. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    A thought which might be worth trying as it might help pinpoint the source of the issue, have you tried connecting the car to your phone via wifi, using the phone as a wifi hotspot? When I tried it I got a message saying that it would disconnect the eSIM. If the car maintains the connection to the servers using your phone and does not then do all of the silly things you reported then it would clearly point to an issue with the eSIM or accompanying kit
    That's a good idea. Thanks! I'll try it at the weekend before the car goes into the dealer on Monday. Gives me something to do at the weekend!

0 0 0

5. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    While my eTSI Style was in for other work, the dealer applied software update E42 and the software is now at 1668.
    However, they have said it will need another update to cure the intermittent loss of connection to VW Servers. They’ll let me know when it’s available.....

0 0 0

6. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jb123 View Post
    I got my mk8 in December 2020 and I'm experiencing similar problems to many of the users in this thread.

I've setup we connect as a primary user, and I've called their support line who have assured me that my car is 'communicating with the vw servers normally'. The location sharing setting is set to the maximum sharing option.

The main issue is that location services are very patchy. Typically I start a journey and the car's location on the map remains stationary. Then suddenly the location is updated - only for it to randomly return to the starting location. This is actually quite dangerous when you're relying on the satnav for directions, and I've taken to using a backup phone as satnav as the car is just too unpredictable. This issue applies whether I'm using apple carplay and google maps or apple maps, or without carplay using vw's own satnav software.

Emergency Assist alert telling me to take it in for servicing.

Is there is a recommended fix which doesn't require visiting the dealership? This feels like something which should be easily remedied by a software update.
    Update - took my car to the dealership and they installed some software updates. The click/pop sound has not been fixed, but the emergency assist alerts and the satnav location issues seem to have been fixed.

0 1 0

7. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jb123 View Post
    Update - took my car to the dealership and they installed some software updates. The click/pop sound has not been fixed, but the emergency assist alerts and the satnav location issues seem to have been fixed.
    Since your update, have you enabled Navigation in one of the left or right dials on the dashboard, then set a route and seen if it continues to work in the dashboard after the click/pop. (And you don’t get “Navigation is currently unavailable”?)

7BF9594B-D046-4D5C-A31B-52A156A1E6E3.jpg

0 0 0

8. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Since your update, have you enabled Navigation in one of the left or right dials on the dashboard, then set a route and seen if it continues to work in the dashboard after the click/pop. (And you don’t get “Navigation is currently unavailable”?)

7BF9594B-D046-4D5C-A31B-52A156A1E6E3.jpg
    I have just been using carplay with google maps, and it is not affected by the click/pop sound. I didn't get the 'navigation is currently unavailable' warning at any point prior to or post the software update.

1 0 0

9. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Ive had my GTE Mk8 for a week, last Friday I started to get some of the issues mentioned in these posts.

Click Pop Static noise, then connection is lost, then Emergency SOS warning. This is now a constant issue. Sometimes it resolves itself while im driving.
    Ive also had Navigation failure, the navigation was in a completely different part of town and was continuously trying to navigate me but obviously not knowing where I was.
    I also had an annoying issue where I receive a text on my phone while I have navigation on and it flips into CarPlay just to show the message highlight then flips back, very annoying. Have not seen this before this evening.
    I also had rear lights warning error this evening but rear light both working fine. Resolved after car was restarted.
    The keyless entry does not seem to work at all.

Do I have a total dud of a car or do we have some major issues with these vehicles? II'm really disappointed, I just went from a GTI performance and I totally loved the car for 5 days until last Friday. I can't live with a car that has so many issue/s it will kill me.

Ill keep you posted to what the dealers say.

0 0 0

10. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Hi Ziggf i am getting the same problems as you:
    Keyless not working
    Rear light error twice now, even if they are working properly
    Rear view camera video flickering
    As you said your on the VW navigation screen and as soon as a whatsapp message arrives the carplay window replaces the navigation one showing the whatsapp message and after a few seconds it goes back to navigation screen..
    So far and i have only done 400km...
    I have an appointment with VW for the following monday ... we shall see ��

0 0 0

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast