1. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    REJECT the Car, Jesus the car is a frikken mess.
    Just yesterday a friend had a big problem in his eTSI 1.5: oil leaked into the coolant..
    Looking at the photo he sent me it seems the whole engine oil was in the coolant tank.
    Coolant.jpg

0 0 0

2. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Yea thats not normal haha. I've got 2400 miles on my car with an average mpg of 23, safe to say I floor it quite often with no issues like that shown. 0 oil consumption or anything like that which im super happy about.

0 0 0

3. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    New member here with a Golf eHybrid 1.4 TSI since the end of Jan 2021. I am happy I eventually found this forum and this thread in particular. I was concerned I was the only one with issues. My car displays most of the problems described, pops and clicks when driving through London, progressive failure of the assist systems, Sat Nav displaced by a few miles, globe greyed out., keyless not working consistently. Good job the rest of the car actually works.
    The globe greyed out thing prompted me to search online and it's still greyed out after 5 days. Call logged with the We Connect support and my dealer. Will see what happens. I wont be resetting it thanks to the forum.
    Last edited by jeremyr62; 19-03-2021 at 11:26 PM.

0 0 0

4. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Noticed that both the WeConnect and My.Audi servers were down for maintenance last night between 21:00 and 07:00 (GMT). Both back up now. Let's hope it was in part to fix some of the VW connectivity problems

0 1 0

5. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Same problems plus some....dealers ordered second replacement infotainment system......not hopefull tho

0 0 0

6. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I'll share my experience, although it's pretty much all been said already.

I own a Golf mk8 (well, it's on lease), and pretty much since I got it (Jan 2021) it started to show all sorts of errors:

- Strong, clicking sound from the speakers
    - Android Auto freezes (actually, only the GPS does, I can still use menus and apps)
    - Then it can either: unfreeze itself after 10 seconds or so OR stay frozen, then the SOS Emergency call warning comes up and I am unable to restore navigation, until I park the car and leave it for at least 30 minutes.
    - When this happens, if I am using the adaptive cruise control, the GPS location jumps all over the place. I had the car slam on the brakes on the motorway doing 70 because it was convinced that I was about to cross a junction. Scary.

That being said, I did find what looks like a pattern to me:

- The 'clicking' noise happens very often at the exact same locations (at a precise point on the M1 on my way to work, at a specific junction in Central London, etc). It seems to be more common in populated areas.
    - Wireless/Bluetooth/USB don't seem to make any difference.
    - Over the last few days, the car was not connecting to the We Connect servers. I was also unable to select my profile in the car. Funnily enough, the "SOS Emergency call - visit workshop" issue seemed to have stopped, so I guess it's somehow related to the internal SIM card or data connection (maybe when it switches from one mobile cell to another, since it happens at specific points?)

I have an appointment booked with VW next week, but I already feel that it will be the first of many 'let's try this now' scenarios.

It's a shame because the Golf had something like 200 miles when it started to show these issues, and I will have to return it in less than 2 years.

0 0 0

7. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arciere View Post
    Over the last few days, the car was not connecting to the We Connect servers. I was also unable to select my profile in the car.
    There were problems with VW’s servers over the Easter weekend. Many Mk8s lost connectivity and some owners were logged out from their user profile. In case you’re not aware, when you’re in guest user mode this defaults to the most restrictive privacy settings each time you switch on. This prevents connection. You need to go to users / privacy and then set it to least restrictive (share my position). Hopefully this will force the car to connect (globe on top right of infotainment screen shows white). Once connected, you will hopefully be able to load your profile.

Can’t help with the other issues and you’ve done the right thing to book it in.
    Golf Mk 1.5 eTSI 150PS DSG Style
    Reflex Silver / Storm Grey, Winter Pack, Reversing Camera, Headup Display

0 0 0

8. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arciere View Post
    I'll share my experience, although it's pretty much all been said already.

I own a Golf mk8 (well, it's on lease), and pretty much since I got it (Jan 2021) it started to show all sorts of errors:

- Strong, clicking sound from the speakers
    - Android Auto freezes (actually, only the GPS does, I can still use menus and apps)
    - Then it can either: unfreeze itself after 10 seconds or so OR stay frozen, then the SOS Emergency call warning comes up and I am unable to restore navigation, until I park the car and leave it for at least 30 minutes.
    - When this happens, if I am using the adaptive cruise control, the GPS location jumps all over the place. I had the car slam on the brakes on the motorway doing 70 because it was convinced that I was about to cross a junction. Scary.

That being said, I did find what looks like a pattern to me:

- The 'clicking' noise happens very often at the exact same locations (at a precise point on the M1 on my way to work, at a specific junction in Central London, etc). It seems to be more common in populated areas.
    - Wireless/Bluetooth/USB don't seem to make any difference.
    - Over the last few days, the car was not connecting to the We Connect servers. I was also unable to select my profile in the car. Funnily enough, the "SOS Emergency call - visit workshop" issue seemed to have stopped, so I guess it's somehow related to the internal SIM card or data connection (maybe when it switches from one mobile cell to another, since it happens at specific points?)

I have an appointment booked with VW next week, but I already feel that it will be the first of many 'let's try this now' scenarios.

It's a shame because the Golf had something like 200 miles when it started to show these issues, and I will have to return it in less than 2 years.
    Exactly the same issue I have on this car and the one I rejected in December. Car going in for a software update today. Doubt it will fix it.
    See my post - Has anyone managed to get the centre speaker clicking and subsequent issues resolved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by m4ttv; 14-04-2021 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Added link to my post about this issue
    Golf 8 1.5 eTSI, 7-speed DSG, Style, Deep Black Pearl, Rear View camera, UTR

0 0 0

9. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    174 Post(s)
    Just had an email saying that VW are shutting down the We Connect web portal on 27th April and transferring to the myVolkswagen portal instead. The smartphone app will continue to be called WeConnect though (not confusing at all ). Let's hope that the new set-up also addresses the connectivity issues we have all been suffering

0 0 0

10. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4ttv View Post
    Exactly the same issue I have on this car and the one I rejected in December. Car going in for a software update today. Doubt it will fix it.
    Did you get the car back? Do you know what software version it is running?

0 0 0

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast