1. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)
    If the updates they performed related to your issues with the central locking system, heated steering wheel and the SOS function of the eSIM then it is quite possible that all of these sit outside the Infotainment system and therefore the software version for the Infotainment system will likely not have changed. Also it may be that there are differnet release versions of the software depending on what options are fitted to your car. As I mentioned befoe the Golf has numerous computer the majority of which you cannot see and each will have its own software, both firmware and applications, which is not visible to you as the user. I assume if you have access to VCDS then you could probably get a report on the version of the software installed in each and from that determine what has been updated

0 0 0

2. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)
    After 18 days of not being connected to the VW Server the car has today managed to establish a connection. For how long is of course the BIG question

0 0 0

3. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    After 18 days of not being connected to the VW Server the car has today managed to establish a connection. For how long is of course the BIG question
    Interesting...mine was disconnected since the 5th February and it finally connected back up on Sunday 21st...shortly after I logged a ticket with WeConnect... coincidence? I don't think so.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelm713 View Post
    Interesting...mine was disconnected since the 5th February and it finally connected back up on Sunday 21st...shortly after I logged a ticket with WeConnect... coincidence? I don't think so.

Thanks for raising the ticket

0 0 0

5. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Mine lost connectivity, again, on Feb 8th - and not only that, I had somehow been logged out of my user profile in the vehicle and couldn’t log back in. I was stuck in “Guest” mode. First time that had happened! Logged a call with digital services and was told to bring it to my service centre as there were major software updates due that needed to be applied (VW Recall campaign 97EH).

In the meantime I got connectivity back & was able to log back into my profile, but I still brought it to the service centre this week for the above updates. It took 2 days as they started the updates late on the day I brought it in, so they were still running when they had to shut-up shop.

I picked-up the car yesterday and I now have software version 1668 (upgraded from version 1664). I’m going to say that the infotainment system was a bit “confused” for a short while but I think it’s all ok now. It’s much more responsive than before and starts up much faster when the vehicle starts!

I’ll monitor how I get on with it over the next few weeks and see if there’s a reoccurrence of the grey globe / loss of connectivity issue.

0 0 0

6. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    If it’s any comfort, mine hasn’t lost connectivity since being upgraded to 1668 about 6 weeks ago. So there is hope!
    Golf Mk 1.5 eTSI 150PS DSG Style
    Reflex Silver / Storm Grey, Winter Pack, Reversing Camera, Headup Display

0 0 0

7. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Here is a new one...my car is going in tomorrow after the WeConnect team send in a fix to my dealer for the eSIM loosing connectivity...despite the fact it has since started working.

I replied to the WeConnect folk with a log I have been keeping with regards to the sensors tripping in the car, the usual traffic assist and rear part assist and asked them to perhaps suggest a different solution ( hoping for the steering wheel fix). They looked at the logs and they suggested the eSIM could be at fault for all those.

Now explain to me how an eSIM can be responsible for the rear parking sensors failing, carplay sound not coming up even with a cable...( They blamed the hotspot for that) speakers failing randomly and so on.

They asked me to contact customer services at a Leeds number...I already had and they told me to reject the car!!!

I think they are having a giggle at our expense I think!

0 0 0

8. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    So I had the car back while I'm waiting on a new control unit from Germany, they said this usually fixes these issues but can take up to 2 weeks to arrive. In the meantime the car decided to leak out all of its coolant and overheat while under a little bit of pressure. VW assist came out and found a number of the new style jubilee clips were undone and one of the hoses lower front of engine had come loose. Car had to go back in to the shop for a week while it was fully inspected.

Ive now had the car for 4 weeks, it has barely done 400 miles (which 100 of were bringing it back from the dealer) it has spent more time in the shop than outside my house. The overheating was the last straw and I have now rejected the vehicle. I have been told to keep driving it until the new one arrives and I'm also going carry on trying to continue with the fixes to see if they can resolve all the quirks. Sat Nav loosing track and Infotainment not loading are the worst, I can go for a whole journey with just the loading screen and nothing but a long switch off to reset it. It's the worst.

I'm glad to hear some people are trouble free, that gives me a little comfort that my replacement vehicle may just be usable.

0 0 0

9. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggyf View Post
    So I had the car back while I'm waiting on a new control unit from Germany, they said this usually fixes these issues but can take up to 2 weeks to arrive. In the meantime the car decided to leak out all of its coolant and overheat while under a little bit of pressure. VW assist came out and found a number of the new style jubilee clips were undone and one of the hoses lower front of engine had come loose. Car had to go back in to the shop for a week while it was fully inspected.

Ive now had the car for 4 weeks, it has barely done 400 miles (which 100 of were bringing it back from the dealer) it has spent more time in the shop than outside my house. The overheating was the last straw and I have now rejected the vehicle. I have been told to keep driving it until the new one arrives and I'm also going carry on trying to continue with the fixes to see if they can resolve all the quirks. Sat Nav loosing track and Infotainment not loading are the worst, I can go for a whole journey with just the loading screen and nothing but a long switch off to reset it. It's the worst.

I'm glad to hear some people are trouble free, that gives me a little comfort that my replacement vehicle may just be usable.
    I would not be seeking a replacement if I were you! Switch cars all together. I promised myself if I have more issues after the visit to the dealership tomorrow...I am rejecting for a full refund and will go elsewhere... This is the 5th visit since November...1,700 miles only of which 300 are to the dealership and back!

0 0 0

10. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Guys,

Just joined here because I'm having similar issues got my car two weeks ago(came from a MK7.5) and from the start had a "Service now" message the dealership couldn't clear(car had 10km on clock on collection). The car now bings and says service overdue every time I turn it on. The dealer spent an hour the day I got the car and 2 hours the following day trying to remove it to no success. This wasn't causing me much concern until I started to drive the car...

In approx 600 miles I've had the radio reboot, freeze and various error messages relating to the parking sensors, rear view camera and maneuver braking system. Carplay constantly disconnects and shows no device connected on the dash, the Satnav is not communicating with the Digital Dash its just black where the map should be and the heated seats show a yellow warning triangle and errors message on occasion. The lane assist also tried to steer me into a pedestrian island in the middle of a straight road.

Dealer is dumbfounded and claiming they've never encountered this before. Anyone else having similar issues?

0 0 0

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011