1. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Yep - they suggested bringing it back to the garage I bought it from. However, as of this morning the globe is back illuminated again. Strange! I’m going to monitor it for another while and see.

0 0 0

2. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Our Mk8 had another episode of lost connectivity. First noticed the greyed out globe on 19 Nov.

Tried a soft reset but no joy. Didn't want to try a hard reset because of all the hassle of redoing user settings, radio favourites, and sat nav favourites, as well as pairing mobile phones again.

This evening on a trip to the food store, I set the privacy settings to most restricted. Locked the car and was in the shop for about 15mins. Came out, started her up and set privacy settings to least restricted (share my position). When the globe appeared it was greyed out BUT.....

....within a minute it had regained connectivity and the globe was bright again.

Now, this might have been a coincidence, or we might have found a way to force the car into connecting again.

If anyone loses connectivity try this process and let us know.

0 0 0

3. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    mine has been greyed out too for a day, now back to normal again , i am trying to look at things another way, as long as i can get in car and drive , anything else is a bonus haha

0 0 0

4. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Received from VW digital services a little earlier today...

“From the 15th to the 20th of November, our We Connect servers were undergoing maintenance so when we have received your email there would have been a chance that this would be the cause of no connection.”

Given my experience to date with this globe icon / connection issue, my advice is to just wait-it-out - since on both occasions that this happened to me, it sorted itself out without me doing anything. This suggests it’s VW doing things on their side (similar to the maintenance works referenced above).

I’m just glad I found this forum so I know I’m not alone 🙂

0 0 0

5. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Interesting! Thanks for sharing....

0 0 0

6. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Back to greyed out again earlier this evening 🙄😒

0 0 0

7. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've had a couple of messages about my 'Loading settings.." issue - the dealer took less than a couple of hours to sort it out and said it needed a software update. Since then it's been fine and I've had no further issues with it (touch wood). Still can't open the boot separately though

0 1 0

8. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I'm one of the emailers above RE "Loading settings" issue. My car is with the garage today and they've said that they used to be able to provide an update but have since been told by VW that they can no longer do that and instead need to replace the entire infotainment system. I have to wait until Saturday when the dealership will know how long it'll take to arrive, i assume from the factory. In the meantime i'm unable to use my radio, sat nav etc. Front assist/parking sensors and dashboard are unaffected thankfully. Shall wait and see how long it's going to take before deciding how frustrated it's going to make me. Seems ridiculous to buy a brand new car only to need a new infotainment system 3 months and 1500 miles later.

0 0 0

9. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oPeanut View Post
    I'm one of the emailers above RE "Loading settings" issue. My car is with the garage today and they've said that they used to be able to provide an update but have since been told by VW that they can no longer do that and instead need to replace the entire infotainment system. I have to wait until Saturday when the dealership will know how long it'll take to arrive, i assume from the factory. In the meantime i'm unable to use my radio, sat nav etc. Front assist/parking sensors and dashboard are unaffected thankfully. Shall wait and see how long it's going to take before deciding how frustrated it's going to make me. Seems ridiculous to buy a brand new car only to need a new infotainment system 3 months and 1500 miles later.
    Wonder if what they actually mean is that they need to completley replace the software not rip out all the hardware and replace it. Updates typically only change small elements of the software not the complete thing

0 0 0

10. Re: Golf Mk8 - eSIM Losing Connection to VW Servers 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    Wonder if what they actually mean is that they need to completley replace the software not rip out all the hardware and replace it. Updates typically only change small elements of the software not the complete thing
    That's what i'd love to believe but the way he said it definitely suggested he was ordering a new infotainment unit. I'm collecting in an hour so i'll get some clarity(hopefully) and update afterwards. I admit it sounds ridiculous to replace hardware for a seemingly software issue, perhaps i've ironically got my wires crossed.

0 0 0

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast