1. Audi a6 3.0tdi 272 vs a6 allroad 3.0 bitdi 320 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi all. Maybe some of you have read my post about problems.i had with my a6 2016 3.0tdi 272.
    Car was purchased from audi as audi approved and after having few problems dealer agreed to take it back and find something else.
    So today i went to have a look.at a6 allroad with mighty 3.0 bitdi 320ps. Car has 41k miles only on the clock,but clearly it was not loved and driven in town only and looks quite worn in my opinion. Took it out for test drive and was not impressed really. I was hoping for proper power,but didnt feel huge differece between my 272ps 3.0tdi,well maybe after around 50mph in 4th gear it would really pull,but i cant say that my car goes much slower or pulls worse.
    There is some sort of lag in low end which is weird on the twin turbo setup. I drove bmw 535d f10 with 313hp and that thing goes way better from low end.
    Maybe there is something wrong with that car and would be really interesting to hear from other owner of the bitdi cars.
    What i really liked was the sound i think its really cool feature and gives car some character.
    I drove few bmw's with zf8hp transmission and those seem to shift much faster and respond to paddle shifters a bit faster than the audi did today.
    So after test drive i decided that if audi finds another car with 3.0tdi 272 it would do also,not only bitdi,but would really love to have one.

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi a6 3.0tdi 272 vs a6 allroad 3.0 bitdi 320 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I particularly like the interior on my car, which is why I bought it. I don't think that I would be able to tell the difference between a 272 and a 320 in the real world. Accelerating above 90 mph maybe, but not in everyday driving.
    Audi A6 Avant BiTDi C7 SE 2014

John

(The Beemer is a bike)

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi a6 3.0tdi 272 vs a6 allroad 3.0 bitdi 320 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    If the 320 you test drove had the emissions update done, that's why it's no better than a 272. My experience of the emissions fix led to an overall drop in power to around 265. I've since had a remap to return the performance audi removed for me. Pre "fixing" you would tell the two apart without hesitation. Bottom line is that particular 320 doesn't sound the the car you're looking for - walk away.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by stig414; 27-10-2020 at 05:19 AM.

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi a6 3.0tdi 272 vs a6 allroad 3.0 bitdi 320 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stig414 View Post
    If the 320 you test drove had the emissions update done, that's why it's no better than a 272. My experience of the emissions fix led to an overall drop in power to around 265. I've since had a remap to return the performance audi removed for me. Pre "fixing" you would tell the two apart without hesitation. Bottom line is that particular 320 doesn't sound the the car you're looking for - walk away.

That's a horrendous drop in power! Sounds like they couldn't 'fix' the emissions, with a slight tweak here and there, but have now ruined a good engine. So you pay a premium to have a bi-turbo, and all the associated repair costs if it goes wrong, and end up with a worse car than the standard 272?
    I keep my 245 well clear of any dealers, in case they plug it in, and an automatic update is installed. I don't think the 245 was recalled due to the original dieselgate scandal, but you never know what's in the pipeline. VCDS keeps all my horses in the stable! ����

0 0 0

5. Audi a6 3.0tdi 272 vs a6 allroad 3.0 bitdi 320 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stig414 View Post

The emissions update certainly had an effect on my BiTDI. It’s now remapped again. Should be somewhere between 360-370.

Previously, before the emissions remap and before my remap, I had a 272 as a loaner. The dual clutch gearbox made a big difference off the line. Where the 272 lacked was the punch accelerating when moving, especially noticed when exiting corners, getting to speed after a junction etc. It’s subtle, but significantly different.

In the same car when I had the remap, to begin with it felt like the emperors clothes, was there a difference? It took a while for me to discover and use it.

However, when they applied the emissions remap, wow I was missing my car... it was a ridiculous difference which I lived with for 3 weeks... Audi didn’t tell me they had done a remap, I discovered it through lack of power. I was very happy to have the Revo remap re-applied.

The comparison I am curious about, the bitdi S6 vs ours. That electric assistance, does it just mascaraed the slouch off the line, and beyond that it’s comparable?

The Zeperfs paper race, puts them both close.

272 vs BiTdi (not mapped 313)
    https://zeperfs.com/en/duel4045-5571.htm

BiTdi (not mapped 313) vs S6tdi
    https://zeperfs.com/en/duel4045-7992.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A6 Avant S-Line BiTdi | born Sept '13 | advanced tech pack | sports diff | privacy glass | 75l fuel tank | lighting pack | HB assist | rear cam
    Q5 S-Line Plus TFSI | born April '11 | tempted to add stage 1 Revo taking HP from 177 to 290.

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi a6 3.0tdi 272 vs a6 allroad 3.0 bitdi 320 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi. Yep,thats is exactly what i done. The car is just very beat up for age and mileage.
    As for power,well it felt as if small turbo is not blowing enough at low end and when big one kicks in then the car pulls well.
    I was really looking forward test driving bitdi,but that car just put me off. Last owner of that allroad had audi s4,so i would think he would feel that after emissions software update car has lost a lot of power and complain?
    Guys at audi are looking for another car for me and hopefully something decent.

0 0 0