1. Question fuel efficiency A6 ultra 2.0tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hi, I’ve had my A6 2.0tdi ultra for going on 18mths now, when I first got it it was doing well over 50mpg no problem, recently it is a struggle to get it over 40mpg (all my driving is rural on open roads and cruising along in 7th gear at 60mph) the car is regularly serviced etc, I have noticed that the s-tronic is due a service in the next 3k miles, I’m wondering will this have any effect on improving fuel efficiency?? Anybody else have an ultra doing similarly poor mpg??

0 0 0

2. Re: Question fuel efficiency A6 ultra 2.0tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi. Am at 23k and drive mostly urban day to day with the odd 5-10 mile cruise on open roads, get 45-50 mpg. On a run at between 70-80 I get 55-60 mpg. Leave the car in auto most of the time but do use S when I feel like some fun, or need it, don't bother with Eco or Comfort it appears to make no difference. The car dose around 7k a year. Hope this assists.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

3. Re: Question fuel efficiency A6 ultra 2.0tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I bought mine with 38k on it, 10 months and 17k later, fuel economy seems to have improved a bit, the onboard computer tells very optimistic fibs, ( i reckon it ignores fuel it estimates has been used by ac,mirrors etc) brim to brim figures have crept up from 44 to 47, 80% of my driving is A roads and motorway. Current trend is still upwards, though very slowly.
    on a run i find eco makes a difference probably due to coasting mode, knock it into sport when needed, around town eco is a nuisance and i avoid it.
    i was getting lots of regens and a couple of dash warnings for the dpf when i first got it, so maybe previous owner had got it a bit bunged up and my use has cleared it, not had a fan overrun when engine off now for about 8k.
    no science in my thoughts.

0 0 0

4. Re: Question fuel efficiency A6 ultra 2.0tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the replies guys, I could be reading too much into it as it’s only lately I’ve been driving the car regularly, it’s usually the wife that drives it, I’ve noticed a lot of regens happening since I’ve started driving it, I’m guessing as the wife drives it on the daily commute 18miles to work and then tooters about the town that it could be a case of needing a good hard driving to clear it out and then the mpg may improve, she says she has always kept it in eco mode, I’m thinking it’s time to get the flappy paddles working!!!!

0 0 0

5. Re: Question fuel efficiency A6 ultra 2.0tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I spoke too soon, i picked up a speeding fine recently, so have been driving like a feather footed nun, lots of 70mph stuff in last 1500 miles in eco. Did a 200 mile round trip sunday and after a 100 mile run today, had the higher revs at idle and fan overrun whenegine swithced off. So on return journey kept the revs up in manual.
    last brim to brim figure is 47.8mpg.

0 0 0

6. Re: Question fuel efficiency A6 ultra 2.0tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You have to wonder how Audi got their mpg figures, I checked the long range reading this evening and it’s reading 40.5mpg which would be over approx 12k miles, by no means is my wife a hard driver, I have and old 1.8tdci Galaxy which I do quite a bit of towing with and it also gets driven quite hard and it’s returning 42.5mpg, at this rate of going I might actually change the A6 for an S3 as I only bought the A6 thinking it would be returning mid 50’s, my old C6 returned 48mpg no problem.....

0 0 0

7. Re: Question fuel efficiency A6 ultra 2.0tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    My old c5 averaged 45 without having to try too hard. I’ve been told i’m giving away a couple of mpg as a result of having 20” 255’s, beyond that i’d guess its the price you pay for the emission controls. I can live with anything over 40 but would prefer 45ish.Its not a cheap car to run and overall a couple of mpg is not going to make much difference to my overall running costs.

0 0 0

8. Re: Question fuel efficiency A6 ultra 2.0tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie fee View Post
    You have to wonder how Audi got their mpg figures, I checked the long range reading this evening and it’s reading 40.5mpg which would be over approx 12k miles, by no means is my wife a hard driver, I have and old 1.8tdci Galaxy which I do quite a bit of towing with and it also gets driven quite hard and it’s returning 42.5mpg, at this rate of going I might actually change the A6 for an S3 as I only bought the A6 thinking it would be returning mid 50’s, my old C6 returned 48mpg no problem.....
    Don’t trust the on board computer for fuel efficiency, mine overstates it by around 3mpg. Do some brim to brims.

0 0 0

9. Re: Question fuel efficiency A6 ultra 2.0tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    At a push the car will do 610 miles to a full tank, calculated out it’s approx 42mpg as it usually only takes about 65litres, I’m running 20” TTRS with 255’s also, but when I first got the car it was doing 50mpg easily and I even got it up to 67mpg on a run, I guess it’s just one of those things...... but I will try the Dynamic driving approach for a little while to see if it helps anything

0 0 0

10. Re: Question fuel efficiency A6 ultra 2.0tdi 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    I always get 720 miles range (indicated) on a full tank. Showing average of 48mpg over a 10k cycle.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast