Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    to be clear its a B7 S4 2007

went to the car today and found a large puddle of water/fluid underneath (about a foot wide, with a constant drip every few seconds)
    middle of the car under the front diff, its still dripping a few hours-on

first though was heater matrix (although im no mechanic ) the water/fluid is not coolant, its clear and virtually tasteless

got under the car and removed the under trays, from under neath the fluid is dripping straight down from the middle of the car
    right side of the front diff looking up from under neath)

remove the scuttle panel and checked from above and there is quite a bit of moisture/wet underneath the battery (mainly to the left side)

please help! id welcome and advise or suggestions

0 0 0

2. Re: Water under car help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Under the battery is a drain that blocks up,.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    A4 2.5 tdi QS (mapped)

0 0 0

3. Re: Water under car help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks, looking straight up from underneath i could see what looked like a square grommet right at the top of the bulk head??

the car was out in the bad rain yesterday so not sure if thats a coincidence or not, at its used very little and is always garaged

worth a mention with the car up in the air, there are still damp/wet parts on both sides of the car
    (hard to describe, bottom of the front Trim, where it attaches behind the front wheels, these drain areas?

0 0 0

4. Re: Water under car help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    There are 2 bulkhead drains, remove the battery and tray and clean the rubber grommet, the 2nd one is under the brake servo clean it also.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    A4 2.5 tdi QS (mapped)

0 0 0

5. Re: Water under car help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Many thanks

im just concerned that if i unplug the battery, im going to have alarm/immobilizer issues

the key fob i have has (lost) its coding so opening the car with key alone

but due to the nature of the problem, im probably just going to have to do it and address and alarm/immobilizer
    problem later?

0 0 0

6. Re: Water under car help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raybrig View Post
    Many thanks

im just concerned that if i unplug the battery, im going to have alarm/immobilizer issues

the key fob i have has (lost) its coding so opening the car with key alone

but due to the nature of the problem, im probably just going to have to do it and address and alarm/immobilizer
    problem later?
    If you are already using the key to lock and unlock the car logically there should be no problem with the alarm/immobilizer.

In the past I have used a insulated set of jump leads and another battery (external to the car), put the jump leads on the external battery and connect up to the terminals before removing the battery fitted to the car, just make sure nothing touches anything so you don't short anything out.

If the secondary bulkhead is not draining eventually water will find it's way into the car, I have had this issue on several Audi's over the years and used to make a point of cleaning out bulkhead drains every few months, it make take a little time but far better then water soaked carpets

0 0 0

7. Re: Water under car help 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    There are 2 bulkhead drains, remove the battery and tray and clean the rubber grommet, the 2nd one is under the brake servo clean it also.
    Many thanks, 100% diagnosed

the grommets were fully blocked with debris in the area also

im very lucky that the car is used very little and is in the garage 99% of the time, if this was an outdoor car then it would have gone unnoticed
    until real damage had been done, wet carpets are bad enough but electrical problems would have been disastrous

the battery was a pig to remove (for a novice) but certainly do able

after your suggestion i did some research to prepare me for what id find, seems this is a problem across the whole Vw/Audi range
    if you havnt done this to your Audi,then please do before you get any serious damage

i personally will be checking every 12 months

1 1 0