04 Passat, 2.0 petrol, 108,000 miles.

Thoughts and suggestions please.

About once a month (for the past 3 months) I get an ESP warning light up on the dashboard, probably doing about 500 miles a month these days, down from the 1500 miles a month the car used to do. Seems to appear when cruising on the motorway, certainly no violent maneuvers involved at the time. This last time the ABS light came on a few minutes later, switching off the engine and restarting clears the light/s each time.

VCDS gives the following codes:

01542 Yaw Rate Sensor Impausible Signal

00526 Brake Light Switch Implausible Signal

Car seems to handle and brake absolutely fine and I've repeatedly checked the brake lights and and can't fault them.

I can't see how it's connected (if it is) but the opening of all the doors is suddenly no longer recognised (no interior light, relocking or alarm going off after 30 seconds if key not in ignition) and the Central Convenience Module is showing codes 00928, 00929, 00930, 00931, i.e. Implausible Signal on all the door lock modules.

All the issues are shown as intermittent but before I start chasing cabling all over the car has anybody had similar and found the common denominator.
Oh, and before it's suggested, plenium chamber is clear, drain bungs long removed, no damp carpets either side under the front seats.

Thanks in advance Ian