1. A6 ultra manual versus s tronic for mega mileage 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi all, I was recently in a car crash where my A4 got wrote off and a broke hand for my trouble too. Any who before my wife divorces me for my indecision, I need help picking which is the best choice a 2015/6 A6 2.0tdi s line, manual or s tronic with 60/80k mls . I do about 30/35k a year 80% main rd 20% country rd and the intention is to run the car upto 250k mls . All my previous Audi's were manuals and bar small issues ran good. So should I stick with manual or go s tronic . My main concern is longevity and reliablity . Thank you in advance.

0 0 0

2. Re: A6 ultra manual versus s tronic for mega mileage 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    Difficult, the auto box s are on the whole very reliable PROVIDED they have had the oil change every 38k, on the other hand the C7 manual is somewhat notorious for failing DMF's. I would go if it where me, with an auto. Good luck either way, hope you find a good un. Great cars.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

3. Re: A6 ultra manual versus s tronic for mega mileage 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    I agree that the clutch/DMF’s do seem to be an issue with the manuals ... you can live with the issue and get 100k miles + per installation i think. .... (clutch-dmf replacement are costly at £800-1000 per go...) I’m assuming that if you service the auto’s at the regular service intervals ... that the auto box iwill last in excess of 200k miles? Need others to comment on that. Good luck with it...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    A6 Black Edition - 2014 - 2.0 TDI Manual
    Daytona Grey Pearl, Full LED Headlights, Technology Pack, Advanced Key
    4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

0 0 0

4. Re: A6 ultra manual versus s tronic for mega mileage 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you!

0 0 0

5. Re: A6 ultra manual versus s tronic for mega mileage 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Gmonster ,thanks for reply, do you think the s tronic will last 200k if services properly. Thanks again

0 0 0

6. Re: A6 ultra manual versus s tronic for mega mileage 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Just to be clear: I have the manual gearbox plus I am aware of the issues that it has. Better for others to comment on the longevity of the auto boxes. I am perhaps being a bit over ambitious that they would last that long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

0 0 0

7. Re: A6 ultra manual versus s tronic for mega mileage 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    Can't comment on C7 manuals, but my C6 2L manual had 3 DMF's in 80k miles. Have had a C7 multi up to 85k miles with proper services and trouble-free. My C7 S Tronic only has 33k miles so can't comment yet.
    2017 model A6 Avant Black Edition 3.0Tdi (272) Quattro, Sepang Blue Exclusive Paint, Tech Pack, Matrix LEDs, Ambient Lighting, 20" 5 Twin Spoke Wheels, S Line Suspension, Audi Smartphone Interface, Debadged

0 0 0

8. Re: A6 ultra manual versus s tronic for mega mileage 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    A little aside to the question in regard to DMFs. As well as my A6, I also have a 2003 225bhp TT with 62k on it. I have owned it since 2012 when it had 47k on it, 2 previous owners, the first had it for 8 years the second for just over a year putting about 3k on it. It has a full Audi service history, with everything being done when it should or needed, all by Audi franchises, by all owners. I started getting a clutch hydraulic issue so in it went to be sorted. The slave cylinder had started to fail, probably due to age rather than mileage, the clutch was warn but still had 10-15k left but was replaced, the DMF was at the end of life and would have perhaps only lasted a few thousand more miles. So the story appears to be that DMFs need changing every time even on relatively low mileages cars. So the gearboxes may have equally long lifespans, but the DMF is the week point, I would suspect that if they are also used on the auto they receive less stress than having a clutch attached to them.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

9. Re: A6 ultra manual versus s tronic for mega mileage 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    I have an s-tronic ultra wiht 117k miles on the clock. Owned from new with gearbox services every <38k miles. No issues with gearbox and would expect it to last 250k miles with regular oil changes. I'd certainly recommend the auto over the manual for your requirements.

0 0 0

10. Re: A6 ultra manual versus s tronic for mega mileage 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Related point seems to be that if changing a manual clutch you defo get the DMF done as well as a package. Makes sense financially for the slight(?) increased cost, and also the unreliability of the DMF design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast