1. Audi A6 C7 Boot Indicator flicking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Hi. So this morning on way home i had rear indicator bulb message pop up. Upon investigation the rear left boot indicator is flickering faintly when indicating. The actual indicator on the side at the back is fine though, just the left rear indicator section on the actual bootlid is flickering.

Can this bulb be changed or does this mean whole new unit? Iv looked at videos of how to remove but as its raining will attempt when its not.

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi A6 C7 Boot Indicator flicking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Here is a link to a similar thread. These units are sealed and need to be replaced (unless you are a serious fixer..see thread ) The valeo manufactured OEM unit is c£200... tho you can get lest costly after marker units.

Rear lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A6 Black Edition - 2014 - 2.0 TDI Manual
    Daytona Grey Pearl, Full LED Headlights, Technology Pack, Advanced Key
    4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi A6 C7 Boot Indicator flicking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Can i ask if anyone can help, but does the wiring for the rear lights run down the passenger side at all? Im not convinced the whole rear light boot lid cluster needs changing as al lights work apart from the indicator strip flickering inline with indicator.

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi A6 C7 Boot Indicator flicking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suri66 View Post
    Hi. So this morning on way home i had rear indicator bulb message pop up. Upon investigation the rear left boot indicator is flickering faintly when indicating. The actual indicator on the side at the back is fine though, just the left rear indicator section on the actual bootlid is flickering.

Can this bulb be changed or does this mean whole new unit? Iv looked at videos of how to remove but as its raining will attempt when its not.
    I have that bulb error, but the indicators visually are fine. Previous reading suggested in my case it’s probably moisture in the light unit and the errors reading a resistance difference. Audi, suggested the control unit had failed . Because there’s no visual failure, I am just living with the bulb error for now.

A6 Avant S-Line BiTdi | born Sept '13 | advanced tech pack | sports diff | privacy glass | 75l fuel tank | lighting pack | HB assist | rear cam
    Q5 S-Line Plus TFSI | born April '11 | tempted to add stage 1 Revo taking HP from 177 to 290.

0 0 0

5. Audi A6 C7 Boot Indicator flicking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    I had the same error with an intermittent fault on both the indicator and the side light elements of the unit.

I agree that water ingress is the issue.

I bought a replacement unit online; as I had a MOT this week. Replacement is not OEM.. but half the price etc.. the makeup of the lighting tubes, inserts is as the original so know worries it looks substandard etc.
    see attached pic.

Fitting is fairly straightforward tho problem is getting a watertight seal against the boot aperture. When fitted; a short time later water noticed on inside of new light unit. It’s currently taken back off the car and drying out: Will try again shortly. It did cure the fault/error lights etc.

Last edited by Gmonster; 21-10-2020 at 09:37 PM.
    4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi A6 C7 Boot Indicator flicking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Ok. Interesting update. I had condensation in that rearlight which seems to have cleared up by itself due to a dry day. The rear indiciator is now working normally with no error lights. Only thing now is to still remove it and buy some kind of clear sealant to seal any miniature hole there could be.

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi A6 C7 Boot Indicator flicking 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    My new unit is fitted including the use of a mastic sealant... (which is going to be messy if it ever needs to come back off. ) All is now quiet/working even including fact it is pretty wet weather at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0