Notices

User Tag List

Thread: ACC and Audi Brake Guard Unavaliable.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Re: ACC and Audi Brake Guard Unavaliable. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Get a quote from a car repairer, they have the kit to set them up after shunts. Some have the same dealer spec kit.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

0 0 0

2. Re: ACC and Audi Brake Guard Unavaliable. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Driver side radar unit is a touch expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Regards Dean Warren. VCDS owner/user
    A6 C7 3.0 BiTDi Quattro Avant 2012 S-Line Tech pack tour Pack ACC Blind spot folding mirrors Sold
    S6 C8 3.0 TDI Quattro Avant 2021 360 Camera Bose Extended leather.

0 0 0

3. Re: ACC and Audi Brake Guard Unavaliable. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dean warren View Post
    Driver side radar unit is a touch expensive.

For me getting a similar if it the same resolved was al about having ACC, unlike cruise it’s magic. While not a fan of brake guard, it’s served it’s value on one occasion, so I’d rather have it operational than not.

Your radar fault rear or front? The rear bumper has no idea if it’s removed. I am not sure the front does, i suspect it only knows if the car is powered on while the sensors are unplugged. I saw a guide instructing to disconnect the battery to avoid this issue when removing the front bumper.

If the rear radar sensors, they require a level 2 of calibration compared to the front... that is an additional unit positioned in exactly the right position for the rear radar to sensors. The unit creates a Doppler effect and somewhere on the forums a chap made his own with a fan... I’ve been unsuccessful finding a crash repair shop to calibrate for less than £350. Plenty claiming they can for less but with further questions they actually can only do the front.

Apparently if you replace the rear radar units as a pair (from a donor vehicle) they will work without calibration*. I replaced one, despite being identical in hard and software revision numbers, it still required calibrating.

Should your windshield need replacing, the front will be calibrated.

*it’s always advised to calibrate, if where they car had crash avoidance, the difference in a few degrees could supposedly contribute to the car putting your car into an accident rather than avoiding.

A6 Avant S-Line BiTdi | born Sept '13 | advanced tech pack | sports diff | privacy glass | 75l fuel tank | lighting pack | HB assist | rear cam
    Q5 S-Line Plus TFSI | born April '11 | tempted to add stage 1 Revo taking HP from 177 to 290.

0 0 0

4. Re: ACC and Audi Brake Guard Unavaliable. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Mine are front, i did not know there were some cars with rear fitted, are they visible like the front? I have a mark on my front bumper i wanted painted so will get that done now as the radar just screw in from the front, I really miss cruise control, i wished the car would default to standard cruise if the acc failed instead of no cruise at all.

A6 C7 3.0 BiTDi Quattro Avant 2012 S-Line Tech pack tour Pack ACC Blind spot folding mirrors Sold

0 0 0

5. Re: ACC and Audi Brake Guard Unavaliable. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    You can buy a 2nd hand unit and have the component protection removed at the same time as the calibration. I can remove component protection for you but i cant calibrate it. if you want to take a trip up to doncaster i can put you touch with a friend of mine who can do both for you.
    RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics Brakes and lots more.
    A6 BiTdi Avant MTM
    Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, RS6 Seats,Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds,High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Interior Retrim

0 0 0

6. Re: ACC and Audi Brake Guard Unavaliable. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by morski View Post
    You can buy a 2nd hand unit and have the component protection removed at the same time as the calibration. I can remove component protection for you but i cant calibrate it. if you want to take a trip up to doncaster i can put you touch with a friend of mine who can do both for you.
    Ive just ordered a 2nd hand unit, so this has CP too? Lol great.
    I may need to take you up on the offer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 0 0

7. Re: ACC and Audi Brake Guard Unavaliable. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)
    Yes defo on the CP. As long as you ordered the same unit with the part number and its from a reputable source CP can be removed.
    RS6 Performance Ascari Blue, Carbon Ceramics Brakes and lots more.
    A6 BiTdi Avant MTM
    Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, RS6 Seats,Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds,High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Interior Retrim

0 0 0

8. Re: ACC and Audi Brake Guard Unavaliable. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    The rear radar units are blind spot monitoring and not related to acc

0 0 0

9. Re: ACC and Audi Brake Guard Unavaliable. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    My blind spot system has stopped working too though, although no faults

0 0 0

10. Re: ACC and Audi Brake Guard Unavaliable. 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stig414 View Post
    The rear radar units are blind spot monitoring and not related to acc

Stig, if you’ve got them don’t tempt fate... Yes they’re for side assist, but if you have them they must work for ACC to operate. Rather than replace, I tried decoding them but no luck, had to fix.

A6 Avant S-Line BiTdi | born Sept '13 | advanced tech pack | sports diff | privacy glass | 75l fuel tank | lighting pack | HB assist | rear cam
    Q5 S-Line Plus TFSI | born April '11 | tempted to add stage 1 Revo taking HP from 177 to 290.

0 0 0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast