Notices

User Tag List

Thread: LT46 2006 173000kms, giving Code N146 Metering Adjuster - suggested defective Injector Pump - I'm in New Zealand

1. Question LT46 2006 173000kms, giving Code N146 Metering Adjuster - suggested defective Injector Pump - I'm in New Zealand 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is there another option than a New (@$12,000) or Refurb Injector Pump(@ $500-$3,000) please anyone?
    Was coming down long hill, no acceleration needed and at the bottom I press accelerator and nothing for a few seconds but then OK.
    Stopped a few kms along the road and it stalled as I approached Stop sign. Wouldn't restart until 3rd-4th try. Code showing N146.
    Also have for years had VERY intermittent no power when going up hill until drop down several gears.
    Is this likely related or diff issue please?

0 0 0

2. Re: LT46 2006 173000kms, giving Code N146 Metering Adjuster - suggested defective Injector Pump - I'm in New Zealand 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I don’t know a lot about these engines specifically but I know a good website that might be of use for you in giving some pointers as to what the fault might be and what you might want to try to rectify it. N146 refers to the part that has the fault, do you have an actual fault code? Sometimes these start with a ‘P’, or it may simply be a five digit number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: LT46 2006 173000kms, giving Code N146 Metering Adjuster - suggested defective Injector Pump - I'm in New Zealand 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Many thanks MrCheesbrough for the reply. Please let me know the website you refer to above for pointers?
    Codes print shows:-
    (#1) 17969 P1561 Metering Adjuster - N146 Control Difference - Injector Pump defective - check Metering Adjuster,
    (#2) 17971 P1563 Metering Adjuster N146 Lower Stop value - check Metering Adjuster.
    I was told the N146 refers to defective Diesel Injector Pump fault however I want to be sure that I am getting the right thing refurbished as I'm not paying $12k for a new one (that is extortion by VW).

0 0 0

4. Re: LT46 2006 173000kms, giving Code N146 Metering Adjuster - suggested defective Injector Pump - I'm in New Zealand 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    No problem. I just hope you find this useful info, it sounds like it could be expensive but there maybe a simple solution. Looking at the descriptions for the fault codes they appear to have similar symptoms and solutions.

The website is Dutch so I ran the info through Google for a translation. Good luck. Let us know if you’re able to resolve the problem

OBD code hexadecimal: P1563 (the corresponding 'old VAG code' is: 01268)
    This error code is 'Manufacturer Specific' (different description and meaning for each car manufacturer). The description / phenomena / causes / solutions below are specific to VAG vehicles.
    nl Injection regulator (N146) (regulator for the amount of fuel in the fuel pump) lower limit reached at the wrong time.
    du Mixer (N146) unterer Anschlagwert
    and Quantity Adjuster (N146) Lower Limit Attained
    Extra info with the error codes.

Please note: the information below does not come from the VAG concern, but from numerous other sources. Complete and error-free cannot therefore be guaranteed. Keep thinking critically.

Possible symptoms:
    Malfunction lamp (MIL) illuminates
    Runs poorly / choppy at idle and at constant speed (1200-2000rpm); no problems with acceleration
    Loss of performance
    Rough running, turning off
    Possible causes:
    (N146) is set incorrectly, is defective
    Wiring and / or connections to / from the Injection Pump Control Module (J399) defective
    Fuel pump faulty, dirty, defective
    Possible solutions:
    Check the injection of the injectors
    Check / repair wiring and connections to / from the Injection Pump Control Module (J399)
    Check the fuel pump for broken springs, as those springs provide the return stroke of the plunger. If springs are broken, the injection quantity may vary
    Thoroughly clean the injection quantity adjuster (N146), part of the injection pump. It may contain metal dust, which will stick to the adjuster solenoid and mess up the controls. Reading material
    If necessary, replace the entire fuel pump (this includes the (N146))
    A power box can also be the cause of this error. The ECU tests the injection mechanism by controlling it as soon as the ignition is switched on. If your power box is already switched on, the feedback signal will be lowered, so that the mixing counter is over-driven and, as it were, runs up to its end stop. With the error message as a result
    Check (measurement value blocks, 01-08-018) / replace Control module Injection pump (J399)
    Extra information:
    Note: Nine times out of ten with this error, the fuel pump is to blame
    The (N146) is integrated in the fuel pump. His job is to inject the correct amount of fuel
    Is there sometimes an electronic modification (power box?) That affects the fuel quantity? If there is indeed a power box present, it is probably because the ignition has been switched on, and off again, and on again in short succession. Then the time delay in the power box is still in effect and the QA comes to its final value when it is switched on. During switching on, the 'mixing counter' is tested by the ECU and fully controlled. Then it is checked which value is returned from the pump. If the power box is already turned on, you will get this error

OBD code hexadecimal: P1561 (the corresponding 'old VAG code' is: 01268)
    This error code is 'Manufacturer Specific' (different description and meaning for each car manufacturer). The description / phenomena / causes / solutions below are specific to VAG vehicles.
    nl Injection regulator (N146) control difference
    du Mixing counter (N146) Regeldifferenz
    and Quantity Adjuster (N146) Deviation
    Extra info with the error codes.

Please note: the information below does not come from the VAG concern, but from numerous other sources. Complete and error-free cannot therefore be guaranteed. Keep thinking critically.

Possible symptoms:
    Malfunction lamp (MIL) illuminates
    Runs poorly / choppy at idle and at constant speed (1200-2000rpm); no problems with acceleration
    Loss of performance
    Rough running, turning off
    Possible causes:
    (N146) is set incorrectly, is defective
    Wiring and / or connections to / from the Injection Pump Control Module (J399) defective
    Fuel pump faulty, dirty, defective
    Possible solutions:
    Check the injection of the injectors
    Check / repair wiring and connections to / from the Injection Pump Control Module (J399)
    Check the fuel pump for broken springs, as those springs provide the return stroke of the plunger. If springs are broken, the injection quantity may vary
    Thoroughly clean the injection quantity adjuster (N146), part of the injection pump. It may contain metal dust, which will stick to the adjuster solenoid and mess up the controls. Reading material
    If necessary, replace the entire fuel pump (this includes the (N146))
    A power box can also be the cause of this error. The ECU tests the injection mechanism by controlling it as soon as the ignition is switched on. If your power box is already switched on, the feedback signal will be lowered, so that the mixing counter is over-driven and, as it were, runs up to its end stop. With the error message as a result
    Check (measurement value blocks, 01-08-018) / replace Control module Injection pump (J399)
    Extra information:
    Note: Nine times out of ten with this error, the fuel pump is to blame
    The (N146) is integrated in the fuel pump. His job is to inject the correct amount of fuel
    Is there sometimes an electronic modification (power box?) That affects the fuel quantity? If there is indeed a power box present, it is probably because the ignition has been switched on, and off again, and on again in short succession. Then the time delay in the power box is still in effect and the QA comes to its final value when it is switched on. During switching on, the 'mixing counter' is tested by the ECU and fully controlled. Then it is checked which value is returned from the pump. If the power box is already turned on, you will get this error

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0