1. 1 week A6 ownership impressions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    so after 1 week of ownership of the A6 avant I can say mostly its a great car, it just looks brilliant and the interior is of great quality so all good except for the manual gearbox, what were Audi thinking putting this thing in a car of this price, its the worst gearbox ive ever driven with, trying to get through 1st and 2nd gear up or down is awful plus i am sometimes getting the dreaded judder in first gear so its going back to the indie to see what can be done, any opinions on what if anything can be done to sort this as it totally spoils the car to the point that i might look into rejecting it.

0 0 0

2. Re: 1 week A6 ownership impressions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Sorry to say, you should really go for an auto. More efficient smother and less leg work. Hopefully you can get it sorted by the supplier, good luck.
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

3. Re: 1 week A6 ownership impressions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    I had a manual 3.0 Quattro C6, loved it. My mate has it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Regards Dean Warren. VCDS owner/user
    A6 C7 3.0 BiTDi Quattro Avant 2012 S-Line Tech pack tour Pack ACC Blind spot folding mirrors Sold
    S6 C8 3.0 TDI Quattro Avant 2021 360 Camera Bose Extended leather.

0 0 0

4. Re: 1 week A6 ownership impressions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    really wanted an Auto but heard too many horror stories and it put me off

0 0 0

5. Re: 1 week A6 ownership impressions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    109 Post(s)
    Auto is practically faultless.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

6. Re: 1 week A6 ownership impressions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    I have the 2.0 TDI manual. No doubt there are issues with the clutch/dmf... I have had an intermittent clutch judder since the early days but it was difficult to get Audi to take ownership of it. There are some good forum links on the issue.. in saying that I am now sitting at c93k miles in year 7 with the car... clutch is ok now.. and will be due for replacement at some point. You may have worse than average car/clutch... that you may have a chance to get out off / reject the car. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    A6 Black Edition - 2014 - 2.0 TDI Manual
    Daytona Grey Pearl, Full LED Headlights, Technology Pack, Advanced Key
    4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

0 0 0

7. Re: 1 week A6 ownership impressions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks all the car I have is sitting on 95000 miles but is really mint and is 99% perfect for me so rejecting it is the last thing i want to do so as it took a while to get a red one so i am going to take it to my mechanic to have a look at it before it goes back to the dealer next week, i have spent hours looking through the various threads about the gearbox but nothing i can see that is THE fix for this, my 04 1.9 tdi sold with 160,000 on it was faultless changing gear even though the flywheel was going on it so audi can make a good manual gearbox so why they stuck this thing in a car of this standard is beyond me.

0 0 0

8. Re: 1 week A6 ownership impressions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    There is no fix per say with this issue in that there is obviously a design flaw with the manual gearbox set up. This and Audi are very resistant to accept liability for this issue. Your at same stage as me in that clutch is getting to end of its life.. and it’s a fairly hefty repair bill for it.. (£800-1000?) depends how much you like the car.. and whether you can swing the dealer to do something about it as part of your deal. (If you do get the clutch changed ... the issue will likely return.. it’s a design flaw etc) Good luck.

A6 Black Edition - 2014 - 2.0 TDI Manual
    Daytona Grey Pearl, Full LED Headlights, Technology Pack, Advanced Key
    4 Zone Climate Control & Heated Seats, Colour DIS, Lighting Pack - LED Ambient Lighting.

0 0 0

9. Re: 1 week A6 ownership impressions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Hi just to follow up on my original post 10 days ago re clutch/gearbox judder, since my post the car now drives like a dream no judder whatsoever I took it to my own mechanic (who id trust with my life) and he said to me that sometimes when these cars sit on a forecourt for a while not being driven condensation appears on the flywheel causing judder and once driven for a week or so it usually disappears which on mine it has, gearbox is still a bit notchy but not near as bad as it was so all's good touch wood
    Last edited by Kevmc63; 29-10-2020 at 01:17 PM.

0 0 0

10. Re: 1 week A6 ownership impressions 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I purchased 2011 A6 C7 with 104k on the clock, 6 years ago.
    It has the clutch judder , and sure it does spoil the car a little, but the car has 155k now, and car still pulls like a train.
    That being said, I also own an A8 D3 3.0l with auto box, and I’d never go back to a manual now.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast