1. Unhappy DSG 7-speed s-tronic "no reverse gear" 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Morning all. 2011 3.0 Tdi s-tronic quattro. After a couple of days of weird gearbox behaviour, I got the dreaded "no reverse gear, you can continue driving" message. Limped home and read the fault codes with my Carista:

Engine 02937, googling this only pops up with some references to the left headlamp, which doesn't sound right...?

Transmission 13791, which seems to equate to P2873 - "intervention of friction clutch 2 too high pressure"

Transmission 08346, for which I've drawn a complete blank on the interweb...

I'd be very grateful if anyone could shed some more light on the meaning of these fault codes, and particularly the P-code equivalents for 02937 and 08346. And of course general advice/experience of where to go from here, whether I'm looking at mecatronic repairs, dual-clutch replacement, used gearbox, etc. Many thanks

0 0 0

2. Re: DSG 7-speed s-tronic "no reverse gear" 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    See if you can find someone with VCDS and get the VAG specific codes with explanatory text.
    Using VCDS, there are output tests and measuring blocks that can be looked at too.
    If you're getting a headlamp code in the engine ECU, I wouldn't trust any codes!

0 0 0

3. Re: DSG 7-speed s-tronic "no reverse gear" 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks bluezie, will try to get VCDS organised. In the meantime I trust the Carista codes (they are the manufacturer specific codes), just not the interpretations of them I've so far managed to google! Is there someone with VCDS who could tell me the verbage for these codes please?

0 0 0

Similar Threads

1. Delay in getting reverse gear on 6 Speed S-Tronic
    By iworld in forum Audi A3 - 8P - 2004 - 2012
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-09-2018, 09:53 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 23-01-2017, 11:11 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24-04-2016, 12:53 PM
  4. A "Community" a "Club" or a "Technical Forum"?
    By stuart in forum Chat - Completely Off Topic
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-03-2009, 02:11 AM
  5. S3 passenger mirror dip when "reverse" is engaged
    By steveR32 in forum Audi A3 - Archive Topics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-02-2008, 09:12 AM