Hi, so I am desperately trying to keep this golf on the road. Another weekend replacing disks, pads and shock absorbers 😣.

I have an issue, changing gear, it can be a little harsh sometimes. Just like I'm dropping it in gear very quick. It's like a thud up to around 4th, but if I take it slow and release the clutch slowly and accelerate, just like when the police follow you 😁 then it's ok ish. Also when driving let's say at 60, if I accelerate a little the revs will bounce up and down and then hold. Is this the clutch slipping or a very weak dual mass flywheel? Been quoted £1100 to replace so it's a gamble if I'm not 100% sure. The car does not seem to have clutch slip like normal, i.e pulling away or even trying to slip it in high gear from stand still etc. I find it strange. There's no smell or any of the normal signs, clutch pedal seems normal. I brought the car at 77k so maybe it's original clutch but could be a cheap replacement kit? Now done 120k.

Any thoughts and help would be great, thanks.

Hope and wish everyone well. Better get the German carparts before we crash out of euro 😭