Notices

User Tag List

Thread: Replace EDR valve and EGR valve cooler any good garage in Moray or arround?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Replace EDR valve and EGR valve cooler any good garage in Moray or arround? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Hi everyone! Anyone know maybe any garage in Moray, Scotland or around who can replace EGR valve and cooler? Audi replaced already 30k miles ago and now the same problem. Price £1350. Nice.

0 0 0

2. Re: Replace EDR valve and EGR valve cooler any good garage in Moray or arround? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    If you've had the emissions update done get it rolled back, that crap stuffed my Tiguan up royally until I had it removed, it was supposedly optional but sent out on DVSA paperwork, a quick but dangerous fix for a cheat software.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Replace EDR valve and EGR valve cooler any good garage in Moray or arround? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.wj.wilson View Post
    If you've had the emissions update done get it rolled back, that crap stuffed my Tiguan up royally until I had it removed, it was supposedly optional but sent out on DVSA paperwork, a quick but dangerous fix for a cheat software.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    But when I checked my car on Audi website says that inform that my car is not affected by EA 189 NOx emission issue. Okay. It means that my 2.0 tdi CNHA 190 BHP 2014 wasn't affected at all or could be affected but they updated software? No idea where to find this information. Is possible that this type of engine wasn't affected by this software?

0 0 0

4. Re: Replace EDR valve and EGR valve cooler any good garage in Moray or arround? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambor11 View Post
    But when I checked my car on Audi website says that inform that my car is not affected by EA 189 NOx emission issue. Okay. It means that my 2.0 tdi CNHA 190 BHP 2014 wasn't affected at all or could be affected but they updated software? No idea where to find this information. Is possible that this type of engine wasn't affected by this software?
    As your car is an Ultra it does not have the EA189 engine and is therefore not affected by the Emissions issue

0 0 0

5. Re: Replace EDR valve and EGR valve cooler any good garage in Moray or arround? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsimcox View Post
    As your car is an Ultra it does not have the EA189 engine and is therefore not affected by the Emissions issue
    Audi just confirm it today, when I picked my car.

0 0 0

6. Re: Replace EDR valve and EGR valve cooler any good garage in Moray or arround? 
    Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    Hi everyone! Anyone know maybe any garage in Moray, Scotland or around who can replace EGR valve and cooler? Audi replaced already 30k miles ago and now the same problem. Price £1350. Nice.

That's remarkably reasonable. To do the cooler alone you have to take a lot of stuff off, including draining the coolant system (I had mine done under warranty 6 weeks ago). The cooler, the coolant and water, the replacement brackets for the exhaust and the other bits that had to come off came in at just under (like 50 quid under) £2k at the main dealer in Huntingdon, Cambs.....and what is worse, they had the car for 3 weeks to diagnose it.

Then it broken again 2 days after I got it back with the Boost Pressure sensor giving the exact same problem (from the drivers-seat point of view anyway, same lights on etc.). It's been at the dealer for 6 of the last 10 weeks - I'm more than a little dis-illusioned to say the least!

D.

0 0 0

7. Re: Replace EDR valve and EGR valve cooler any good garage in Moray or arround? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by danclyon View Post
    That's remarkably reasonable. To do the cooler alone you have to take a lot of stuff off, including draining the coolant system (I had mine done under warranty 6 weeks ago). The cooler, the coolant and water, the replacement brackets for the exhaust and the other bits that had to come off came in at just under (like 50 quid under) £2k at the main dealer in Huntingdon, Cambs.....and what is worse, they had the car for 3 weeks to diagnose it.

Then it broken again 2 days after I got it back with the Boost Pressure sensor giving the exact same problem (from the drivers-seat point of view anyway, same lights on etc.). It's been at the dealer for 6 of the last 10 weeks - I'm more than a little dis-illusioned to say the least!

D.
    My Audi dealer priced me £1350. Do you know where this Boost Pressure sensor is located?

0 0 0

8. Re: Replace EDR valve and EGR valve cooler any good garage in Moray or arround? 
    Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    My Audi dealer priced me £1350. Do you know where this Boost Pressure sensor is located?

If it's like earlier cars it's at the back of the engine bay attached to the firewall or the scuttle panel, but I'm afraid I don't know exactly.

Cheers,
    Dan.

0 0 0

9. Re: Replace EDR valve and EGR valve cooler any good garage in Moray or arround? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)
    It's part No 32 on this diagram attached to the charge cooler on the end of a rubber pipe :-
    https://7zap.com/en/catalog/cars/Audi/brand/3/0/Audi%20A6/Audi%20A6%20(2011%20-%202014)/Audi/TjhkSzVtL2lUMW5RRXc5UytrSU5Odz09--/6bbffde8b5b8077d2d0a5796da6eea3c:89cacb3dad2a3c716 fcea9eb2e518217/manufacturer/1/745129850

0 1 0

10. Re: Replace EDR valve and EGR valve cooler any good garage in Moray or arround? 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Car is going to Audi garage on 10 of November to replace egr valve and cooler. If egr valve will be fine they will replace just cooler. £850 with 33% off.

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast