1. Speed Camera Instalation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone tried to install the speed cameras from Pocket GPS World? Is it working for C8? I attached a video I just found on YouTube but not sure if applies to Audi A6 C8 and our MMI version
    HOW TO INSTALL SPEED CAMERA ALERTS ON THE AUDI SAT NAV MMI SYSTEM - Full start to finish guide - YouTube

0 0 0

2. Re: Speed Camera Instalation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Does not work.

I purchased this last year & had to get a refund.

Link to my thread

https://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/s...19-Please-Help!!!!!!

0 0 0

3. Re: Speed Camera Instalation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Hi you are not able to have speed cameras on the sat nav as it is an EU legal requirement that fixed camera locations cannot be installed. It is illegal in any member state to have a device that alerts you to speed cameras, be that part of the car’s systems or a stand alone item. Perhaps after Brexit the UK cars can have them, but maybe the car will be subject to a 10% import duty !!!
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

4. Re: Speed Camera Instalation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)
    I had a Snooper Sapphire GPS Speed Camera Detector bought in 2009
    Are you saying that this type of device is now illegal?

0 0 0

5. Speed Camera Instalation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elansear View Post
    Hi you are not able to have speed cameras on the sat nav as it is an EU legal requirement that fixed camera locations cannot be installed. It is illegal in any member state to have a device that alerts you to speed cameras, be that part of the car’s systems or a stand alone item. Perhaps after Brexit the UK cars can have them, but maybe the car will be subject to a 10% import duty !!!
    Wow, I didn’t know that. So the likes of Waze and now Google maps are illegal?!

I thought with the concept around fixed camera and mobile trap locations being about safety, having alerts to danger spots, was generally supported.

UPDATE you can have devices that alert you to speed traps.

Couldn’t find a government source but everything from the AA to less known authorities generally say only jammers are illegal across Europe, and radar detectors are illegal in France. GPS detection is ok.

One such reference https://www.sixt.co.uk/magazine/trav...detector-laws/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A6 Avant S-Line BiTdi | born Sept '13 | advanced tech pack | sports diff | privacy glass | 75l fuel tank | lighting pack | HB assist | rear cam
    Q5 S-Line Plus TFSI | born April '11 | tempted to add stage 1 Revo taking HP from 177 to 290.

0 1 0

6. Re: Speed Camera Instalation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razor77 View Post
    Wow, I didn’t know that. So the likes of Waze and now Google maps are illegal?!

I thought with the concept around fixed camera and mobile trap locations being about safety, having alerts to danger spots, was generally supported.

UPDATE you can have devices that alert you to speed traps.

Couldn’t find a government source but everything from the AA to less known authorities generally say only jammers are illegal across Europe, and radar detectors are illegal in France. GPS detection is ok.

One such reference Speed Camera Detector Laws - Sixt Car Hire Magazine

In France it is illegal to have any GPS device that shows the location of Speed Cameras Speed camera detectors in France - know the law | The AA. I think France is only country in Europe that has such draconian laws

0 1 0

7. Re: Speed Camera Instalation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    2015 FL S-line 2L ultra & 2003 225 TT Coupe

0 0 0

8. Speed Camera Instalation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elansear View Post
    This further shows your original statement “it is illegal in any member state” is not true.

In addition to France I’ve since read Germany as of 28 May 2020 have also made GPS speed camera alerts illegal. Also according to another article in Turkey, Switzerland, Cyprus, and Macedonia. Still that’s not “any member state”.

Certainly not the UK, nor most member states of the EU.

Last edited by razor77; 09-11-2020 at 05:57 PM.
    A6 Avant S-Line BiTdi | born Sept '13 | advanced tech pack | sports diff | privacy glass | 75l fuel tank | lighting pack | HB assist | rear cam
    Q5 S-Line Plus TFSI | born April '11 | tempted to add stage 1 Revo taking HP from 177 to 290.

0 0 0

9. Re: Speed Camera Instalation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    108 Post(s)
    In France if caught they may confiscate the vehicle. My brother was picked up outside the port using a portable camera warning devise. He only escaped seizure by placing the device in his boot under the spare, paying a substantial fine and having his number circulated with the warning if he was caught again he'd lose the car. They really don't **** about.
    Quote "My tuner told me after he fitted the box that 0-60 should be around 2.6 seconds! "

0 0 0

10. Re: Speed Camera Instalation 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    113 Post(s)
    To make it simple: Jamming is illegal all over the EU. To be an integrated CAR ITEM: It is what is not strictly forbidden, but not allowed too - however BMW introduced their built in system in just days ago for some of their MY21 models. To use Google, Waze and so on applications: Absolutely legal - without holding the phone in your hands. To use a radar detector: Mostly legal, but it could be illegal in some countries. The risk in this case is, that mostly it's not clear whether it's an illegal thing to have this system if you enter these countries with a foreign registered car, or it's not forbidden to own it - but not use it - if you are a foreigner.
    Audi Q7/4M MY2016, 3.0 TDI/200 KW Quattro

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast