Hi,

I've been a member of this forum for over 7 years, but never posted an introduction.

I first joined the forum to get help with my trusty 2004 Bora which had rusty front wings. I got help here, and ended up getting them fixed under warranty as a result. I loved the Bora but it was dull to drive so I replaced it with...

A 2012 Golf GT 160 TSI - which I sold 2 weeks ago. I loved this car - responsive thanks to the clever twincharger engine, economical to run, and had a lovely Vienna leather interior with the heated seats - it was a trusty companion on commutes to work. However this forum also taught me to be concerned about the potential for the CAVD engine to self destruct - and I also wanted something a bit more fun... so I replaced it with...

Next week my 2017 (67) Golf GTI 3dr in Tornado Red arrives - so my third VW purchase. Its the facelift one so 230PS, and it has DCC with 19" Brescias, the heated windscreen, Dynaudio and the rear camera. No performance pack though - maybe next time! I did contemplate an R (There's loads of used ones around at about the same price as as GTI) but decided against for various reasons.

Also in the "fleet" are a 1990 Mini Cooper (the pride and joy but can only use it when roads aren't dark, wet & salty) and my partner's lovely 2007 Z4 Coupé 3.0.

I'll no doubt be asking more questions as I get acquainted with my new purchase.

Forums are suffering due to Facebook - but they provide something better than Facebook - and need our support.

- Rob