1. Re: Software madness continues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Our’s lost connection on 16 October. Good to hear from @PiperSniper93 that your’s sorted itself eventually. Like @Hylus, I’ll give it a few days yet - and will try putting it to sleep in guest mode.

Thanks for all the input!

0 0 0

2. Re: Software madness continues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Picked ours up yesterday. Dealer couldn't register it so I did when I got home.

Anyone know the deal with all of the data stuff? I also keep getting a warning about some traffic system not working. Too slow to take a picture of it but it's annoying me.

Still love the car otherwise. Shame it's the wife's

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

0 0 0

3. Re: Software madness continues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmagee View Post
    Anyone know the deal with all of the data stuff?
    As far as I know, you don’t need a data plan for the normal car system communications (live traffic, map updates, sending vehicle data) - that’s covered in the three year subscription to ‘We Connect Plus’ that comes with the car. (When it’s working that is.....)

I think you only need a data plan if you want to stream music or use the car as a Wi-fi hotspot - please correct me if I’m wrong!

If you don’t want to buy a data plan, you can connect the car to your phone’s mobile hotspot via WiFi, which can be enabled in the vehicle settings.

0 1 0

4. Re: Software madness continues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Picked ours up yesterday. Dealer couldn't register it so I did when I got home.

Anyone know the deal with all of the data stuff? I also keep getting a warning about some traffic system not working. Too slow to take a picture of it but it's annoying me.

Still love the car otherwise. Shame it's the wife's

The dealer should have activated everything as part of the vehicle handover process. SOunds to me like they have not done it or did it so late in the process that the VW server has not caught up yet. If it is not active in a day or day yoiu should contact the dealer. If you go to the Shop section in the online portal (not the shop in the car) We Connect you can see if We Connect Plus is activated for you or not

0 0 0

5. Re: Software madness continues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Handydave View Post
    As far as I know, you don’t need a data plan for the normal car system communications (live traffic, map updates, sending vehicle data) - that’s covered in the three year subscription to ‘We Connect Plus’ that comes with the car. (When it’s working that is.....)

I think you only need a data plan if you want to stream music or use the car as a Wi-fi hotspot - please correct me if I’m wrong!

If you don’t want to buy a data plan, you can connect the car to your phone’s mobile hotspot via WiFi, which can be enabled in the vehicle settings.
    You are correct

0 0 0

6. Re: Software madness continues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    It's all connected now but that's because I did it at home. Not too impressed with the handover to be honest but then the usual guy I go to hasn't returned to work yet so ended up dealing with someone different.

0 0 0

7. Re: Software madness continues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hylus View Post
    This started happening on my (3-month old) Mk8 this week also, and I too have my privacy settings unrestricted. My software version is 1664. The last journey information from the car that's visible on the we-connect portal is from Oct 21st... so that's when it last had a connection i guess. I've contacted VW support about the issue but i'm not holding my breath.... they weren't much help with other infotainment issues i had before :/
    I'll post up any info / solutions if i get them.

I'm gonna give it a few days to see if it fixes itself or VW somehow fix it, remotely. I really don't want to have to do a hard reset as all the driving history associated with users gets deleted from their profiles on the we-connect app/portal (which is what happened the last time i was forced to reset it)

In trying to fix this latest issue, I've tried changing user profiles, changing privacy settings, changing wifi networks, using a personal hotspot and also holding the power button down on the infotainment system until it resets... none made any difference. If anyone figures out how to fix this, let me know. Thanks.
    When I did a full reset in the car and then readded all the users (including going through the process of having both keys in the car to do it) I did not lose any of the exisiting travel data in the car or in the We Connect app

0 0 0

8. Re: Software madness continues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    It's all connected now but that's because I did it at home. Not too impressed with the handover to be honest but then the usual guy I go to hasn't returned to work yet so ended up dealing with someone different.

You will have the opportunity to make your dissatisfaction known in the follow-up customer satisfaction survey from VW. ANything less than 5* across the board and the dealer loses the bonus from VW on the sale and the sales person will have some explaining to do. I've lost count in the number of times i have been asked from both VW and Audi dealers, if I have been given "5* service". It is very important to them

0 0 0

9. Re: Software madness continues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)
    Yes we got that. Part of me doesn't want them to lose the bonus but as a returning customer I haven't walked away happy. Less than half a tank of fuel in the car and then they hand me a promo offering me a free tank if I recommend someone I recommended myself. Where's my fuel please?

0 0 0

10. Re: Software madness continues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    I am not looking forward to the Golf 8 coming into the aftermarket, the car uses VAG's new SFD diagnostic protection software and they have posted a link on erWin for independent operators to be able to learn how to se SFD with the ODIS software... it doesn't work though which is a great start! I do have a copy of it (they can't even spell "offboard" correctly) but it is a PDF file and I can't work out where to host it so if anyone wants it, private message me your email.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast