1. Re: Software madness continues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Back to the dealer again tomorrow. Today’s software gliches were “hazard warning is currently restricted”, in amber, on dashboard, with beeping tone, at frequent intervals. Could this be because rain got behind the badge at the front? Impossible to concentrate on driving; v dangerous!
    Then, “Radio/Media is currently unavailable” on middle screen, in white. No idea why; radio continued playing.
    So exasperated with this car. I don’t know what’s going to happen next.

0 0 0

2. Re: Software madness continues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Result! Dealer agreed that I could reject the car, and refunded all that I had paid. “Putting me back where I was before buying it.” Only drawback; I traded in a perfectly good 4 year old car that I liked driving. Obviously cannot get that back, but I am so relieved to be rid of the Golf. Second worst car-buying decision I have ever made, behind a Vauxhall Viva ‘E’, in 1977!

0 0 0

3. Software madness continues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeyN View Post
    Result! Dealer agreed that I could reject the car, and refunded all that I had paid. “Putting me back where I was before buying it.” Only drawback; I traded in a perfectly good 4 year old car that I liked driving. Obviously cannot get that back, but I am so relieved to be rid of the Golf. Second worst car-buying decision I have ever made, behind a Vauxhall Viva ‘E’, in 1977!
    Well done on that. I had a case with VW executive and they assured me if I wanted to reject the car they would step in and help with the dealer but I decided to persevere for now partly because I do enjoy the car when it works and like you said even with everything refunded I am left with no car, insurance premiums lost and the hassle of organising another car (and finance and credit checks) with my spec and waiting. In many ways, easier to stick with it. It is fine on shorter journeys and these days we don’t go very far!!!

At least I have the history now and I can always reopen the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 0 0

4. Re: Software madness continues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Software seems to be not just a VW problem! 2 weeks ago there was the Tesla recall nad now this one from M-B
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-56071108

0 0 0

5. Re: Software madness continues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1816 Post(s)
    The Tesla recall I saw related to a chip in the touch screen "wearing out", apparently each time it was used it wears and has a finite life! I didn't know chips suffered wear.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

6. Re: Software madness continues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Had my 8 Style Since November but it still only has 900 odd miles on the clock. My satnav went into some sort of standby mode and other things were constantly resetting themselves - VW Did offer a solution which they sent to my dealer and it went in yesterday
    to have it fixed -- when I phoned to ask if it would be ready the answer was NO !. Apparently the battery that drives the electrics and infotainment system was faulty and the dealer said when they went to order a replacement it was looking like they might have to
    get one from Germany !. My 3rd Golf and whilst it is OK to drive it is all getting lost in the antipathy I have built up towards the infotainment system. Dealer has lent me a polo R line.....which I like an awful lot better. Unfortunately my golf is a lease and I am
    hooked now for 2 years

0 0 0

7. Re: Software madness continues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    I tried to get mine booked in to VW to check the issues surrounding the warnings and dings that occur. Bear in mind that I contacted them at which point they then tell me that there is a recall on it to fix the very issues I'm complaining about.
    There's a software update that is supposed to take the better part of a day, and also some part which they're having to order in from Germany, They said they'd contact me when it arrives to get me booked in.

It does sound like VW have something in the works to resolve the issues, however, it still begs the question as to why they can't get the software right first time round. I'm skeptical of any updates given that their software development lifecycle clearly sucks.

0 0 0

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234