1. Constant Yellow Oil Level Warning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    I snapped the cable the other day under the car for the oil level sensor. I have now replaced the wire and fitted a new plug but I have the constant yellow warning. The oil level is correct and the bonnet switch works so not the bonnet microswitch. With power on I have 11.5v to one of the wires, 10v to the other wire and 3rd is the ground. VCDS is showing 00562 sensor for oil level temperature. Do you think it could be the sensor itself. Seems weird as it worked fine before I damaged the cable but it's all replaced now with voltage showing at the plug end.
    Current Vehicles

Passat B6 Estate 170PD (Bluefin Installed 200BHP) BMR Highline
    Aprilia RSV 1000 Factory

0 0 0

2. Re: Constant Yellow Oil Level Warning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Check fuse 8 in the left dash side fuse board.
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

3. Re: Constant Yellow Oil Level Warning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Crasher have checked that and all is good. Very strange as it all worked before I broke the cable plus after fitting new cable and plug all the voltages are correct.
    Current Vehicles

Aprilia RSV 1000 Factory

0 0 0

4. Re: Constant Yellow Oil Level Warning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Did you get a new, bare plug that you had to populate? I had a situation that I still don't quite believe where a new shell that I got to repair a damaged one had the pins numbered the opposite way around to the original, so 1234 became 4321. I was reloading them based on orientation, but if I had been using numbers would have been scratching my head for a while / forever.

If you can post what (original) wire colour you're feeding to each pin we might spot an error. Or the pin-pin numbers on ECU and oil sensor for each of your new colours.
    ======

Did this forum help you today? Help make sure it's here next time as well. Just click here to make a suitable donation using PayPal .

0 0 0

5. Re: Constant Yellow Oil Level Warning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Hello. Yes I got a brand new genuine plug from VW along with 3 inserts and 3 lengths of cable. The old wiring was Black/Red into Pin 1, Brown into Pin2 and Green/Yellow into Pin 3. I literally just spliced Pin 1,2 and 3 from the new genuine plug to the corresponding loom. I did try swapping 1 and 3 around but just gave me the same fault a hard latched DTC in VCDS. What I find confusing is I have the required voltage at the new plug so certainly no issue with supply. I'm thinking maybe when I damaged the original plug and cable it may have damaged the sensor itself.
    Current Vehicles

Aprilia RSV 1000 Factory

0 0 0

6. Re: Constant Yellow Oil Level Warning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Those colours to pins look right. Assuming both sides of connector are using same numbering. Can you see numbers on sensor?

Is there a good path to earth from pin 2?

11.5V sounds a bit low on the supply side. It's direct from the battery, so not regulated down. Is that what you see at the battery as well?

Are there fuse boards on left and right of dash? If so check fuse 8 in them both.

Do the measuring blocks in VCDS show any reading? Or no signal? It's a digital signal, so the 10V doesn't tell you anything directly but does suggest an active 80% duty cycle.
    ======

Did this forum help you today? Help make sure it's here next time as well. Just click here to make a suitable donation using PayPal .

0 0 0

7. Re: Constant Yellow Oil Level Warning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Right I have checked the earth and that's good. With the engine running pin 1 and 3 are 12v so that's good. Fitted a new sensor today then deleted the errors with VCDS and left the car running for half an hour and fault never came back. Turned off and went out half hour later and the fault comes back soon as the key is in. VCDS shows the sensor reporting the figures you would expect so all working albeit with the bloody warning lol. I am at a total loss now.
    Current Vehicles

Aprilia RSV 1000 Factory

0 0 0

8. Re: Constant Yellow Oil Level Warning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Have finally sorted it. Although you won't believe what the problem was. After a few more attempts today I noticed if the door was left open it would not come back but if I turned the car off and tried again it came back. I noticed in VCDS scan the drivers door was showing an error. It was saying it could not determine position of the window. So a quick adaption for the full close/open of the window and DTC deleted the problem has now gone. God knows why or how this has anything to do with the oil level sensor but it does. I can only think because the indication of the oil sensor is dealt with by the Instrument module this may have something to do with it. Either way happy days as the annoying warning has gone. Thanks for advice from all on her.
    Current Vehicles

Aprilia RSV 1000 Factory

0 0 0

9. Re: Constant Yellow Oil Level Warning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1836 Post(s)
    Computerised cars and they want to let them do the driving for us
    Anthropogenic climate change, the biggest con inflicted on mankind since religion...

Slava Ukraini
    !

0 0 0

10. Re: Constant Yellow Oil Level Warning 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshall1975 View Post
    Have finally sorted it. Although you won't believe what the problem was. After a few more attempts today I noticed if the door was left open it would not come back but if I turned the car off and tried again it came back. I noticed in VCDS scan the drivers door was showing an error. It was saying it could not determine position of the window. So a quick adaption for the full close/open of the window and DTC deleted the problem has now gone. God knows why or how this has anything to do with the oil level sensor but it does. I can only think because the indication of the oil sensor is dealt with by the Instrument module this may have something to do with it. Either way happy days as the annoying warning has gone. Thanks for advice from all on her.
    Likely to be a wiring issue if a seemingly unrelated sensor is faulting.

My upper DPF and Turbo loom melted onto the turbo heat shield and threw a crank sensor fault. The loom itself covered both DPF pressure differential and turbo actuator sensors and is nothing to do with the crank sensor itself however the resulting short must have confused the ECU or affected the integrity of the crank sensor circuit. Nothing wrong with the crank sensor.
    Mad Mitch
    VW Passat 2.0 Tdi Sport 170 BMR Engine, JPQ G/Box, DSG
    Premium Phone Kit, MFSW, Alarm Chirps, Rain Closure, Auto Close
    Emergency Braking Light Flash, Spots as DRLs. VCDS + MicroCAN, 200K Club

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast