1. Audi Connect, Google Earth and WhatsApp issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Don’t know if anyone else has had this issue? I have had my Audi Connect license renewed free of charge for the second year running by Audi Customer Services, which was great. Everything seemed as usual until I tried to load ‘maps’. Although it was an option Google Earth failed to load, everything worked as normal. I contacted Audi Customer Services and was told in a round about sort of way that Audi and Google has gone their separate ways.
    Google Earth will no longer work. This leaves the usual mapping interface, which isn’t that good. Any thoughts, comments or solutions?
    Separate issue. WhatsApp has stopped working on CarPlay too. Constantly saying ‘there’s an issue please try later’
    Anyone else had this problem?
    Using iPhone 11 on IOS14.0.1 with Audi factory USB cable.
    MY17 2017 Audi A4 Avant Quattro

0 0 0

2. Re: Audi Connect, Google Earth and WhatsApp issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Hi Steve,

Had the same issue with my Q7
    See my post under Q7 4M section.

0 0 0

3. Re: Audi Connect, Google Earth and WhatsApp issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    66 plate A4 3.0tdi quattro S line
    16 plate A6 3.0tdi quattro s line - gone @ 23.5k
    58 plate A4 3.0tdi quattro se, leather sports seats, no other goodies - gone @ 139k
    56 plate A3 2.0T quattro s line - gone @ 50k
    Y plate A6 2.5tdi quattro sport - gone @ £145k

0 0 0

4. Re: Audi Connect, Google Earth and WhatsApp issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I phoned Audi UK and they assured me my 67 Plate 2018 model was compatible with a firmware update to support Google Earth. They said to phone my local dealership who would book me in to do the upgrade. Not done that yet. Wanted to wait to be sure it had roled out to dealerships so planned to leave it until end of October. The information from Audi UK does seem to go against the post that mand posted.
    A4 B9 (2018) S-Line Avant 2.0 TDi 190 S-Tronic, Quattro, Daytona Grey, Full Leather, Privacy Glass, MMI Plus, Extended Lighting Pack, Towbar

0 0 0

5. Re: Audi Connect, Google Earth and WhatsApp issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I contacted the my local Audi Dealership and spoke to the head technician who stated that there wasn’t a fix available for my car which is a MY17.

0 0 0

6. Re: Audi Connect, Google Earth and WhatsApp issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I've personally given up with Google Earth on Audi (Audi who led the way in tech, now floundering in this tech dept.).
    I use my Android phone connected to the car for google services. Android auto.

Google services,

Just lately google did some updates (like every month) but now when you talk to Google your spoken words are printed to screen. (big plus)
    It's got better at translating spoken to word, so commands are better executed first time.

On the down side, WhatsApp is virtually disabled while driving because of fluctuating Best practice policy about safety...
    I use to be able to say "Hey Google" beep and talk.... now I have to press the button.
    I use to be able to say "Hey Google" beep " send whatsApp to" xxxxxx and it would say "whats the message"
    Thats gone... Now I can only say, Hey Google Send message , it askes " using WhatsApp, SMS or Hangouts... I say whats app and......
    I get, it's unavailable, try later...

Classic, Fix it, break it, disable it, **** everyone off... Accident because you become frustrated more and more and take your eyes off the road again and again....

So the answer is, just take it as it comes.
    Check you got the latest Android auto and apps are all up to date.

As for Audi, Their version of NAV has always been average..... it's the overlay of android auto or Apple carplay which makes the Audi intelligent "to a point"
    @Merc is looking more and more sexy.....
    2016 (B9) A4 Saloon S line 3.0 TDI quattro 272 PS tiptronic
    2012 (C7) A6 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Line, S-tronic, Sports Diff. 242PS
    2010 (C6) A6 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Line, Tiptronic, Le Mans. 233PS

0 0 0

7. Re: Audi Connect, Google Earth and WhatsApp issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Had my MY18 A4 upgraded yesterday to address this issue at my local dealership. Satelite maps all working again and the connect license extended for 12 months.
    A4 B9 (2018) S-Line Avant 2.0 TDi 190 S-Tronic, Quattro, Daytona Grey, Full Leather, Privacy Glass, MMI Plus, Extended Lighting Pack, Towbar

0 0 0

8. Re: Audi Connect, Google Earth and WhatsApp issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Hi Skibuddy,

That's very interesting, My car (Q7) is booked in on Nov 9th for the said update.
    Do you know anything about the update No, has your software version changed since the upgrade?

Thanks

0 0 0

9. Re: Audi Connect, Google Earth and WhatsApp issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yes I have the same WhatsApp issue and have been told that a possible fix is to do a backup to iCloud then delete WhatsApp from the phone do a reset of the phone then reinstall WhatsApp.
    I haven’t tried this yet so not sure if it works.

0 0 0

10. Re: Audi Connect, Google Earth and WhatsApp issues 
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Mazerati
    Any update on how you got on with your Q7? Was a fix available?

0 0 0

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast